• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I don't know how I feel about the Anderson and Gallows debut....on the one hand....yay.....on the other, yay?

It's great to see an amazing tag team in WWE, but at the same time, they're a tag team.

JBL drooling over them didn't help things either.

People on wreddit are losing their shit over this comparing it to The Outsiders and it felt really flat to me.

Overall the show has been really good (only up to midway, Styles/Zayn). Enzo & Cass have great charisma, but if every promo is going to be 5 minutes of them just doing a catchphrase it's going to get old, fast. New Day does the same, but they always find ways to work them in and out and keep their promo's a little fresh. Cass also needs to get way better on the mic, unless they want him to be that slow-tawkin kind of thing.

Just started raw, I'm totally getting worked here because I like what Shane is selling.

I've got to remind myself that nothing has really changed.....right?

I doubt anything has changed, except for them having a full clean slate. WM had the most head scratching pay offs, but the whole run up was marred with injuries and side steps. So now they can go at it fresh and try to build up story lines again. Of course I'm going to be trepidatious given recent track record.

Bronx-Man

Banned
For the love of god put the world title on this man.
DnF5rB7.gif

UberTag

Figures. I quit Raw cold turkey starting last week and now they finally have what sounds like a decent show.
They've mastered the formula of just giving the hardcore crowd a little taste of goodness to keep their hopes alive right when they're the most disillusioned. It's really quite something.

That said, perhaps the secret to RAW being great is for me to not even pay WrassleGAF any attention on Monday nights.

Barrage

Anyone remember when HHH's "I am the Game, and I am that.. Damn...good" was shoeborned into every promo?

You get used to it. Stockholm Promo Syndrome.

bigkrev

Hulu version of Raw:
They cut the womans match from 12 minutes to 4 minutes
The cut Sami-AJ from 18 minutes to 9 minutes and took out the entrances

I guess when everything on the show seems "important" (the only stuff they cut was the Miz backstage segment and the Apollo Crews match as best I can tell), it's gonna be hard to cut stuff from the show without trimming the matches. At least the Owens-Cesaro match appears to be in full

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hulu version of Raw:

I guess when everything on the show seems "important" (the only stuff they cut was the Miz backstage segment and the Apollo Crews match as best I can tell), it's gonna be hard to cut stuff from the show without trimming the matches. At least the Owens-Cesaro match appears to be in full
They cut the Miz backstage segment? Boooo. That segment was gold.

UberTag

The invisible camera man Bullshit is the worst.

Also JoJo has the talking ability of a speak and spell.
They need to start doing that thing they did with Funaki where JoJo opens her mouth and someone else's voice comes out.
Make that her gimmick.

Bonus points if the phantom voice is clearly that of a competent interviewer asking hard-hitting, meaningful questions and it freaks the interviewee out.

Hex

Banned
Kinda weird seeing Enzo and Cass feuding with the Dudley's . It's like watching Dudleys vs Road Dogg & Billy Gunn

To be honest, their whole existence on the roster should be putting over younger talent.
Hopefully this will be a good series and not some 50/50 keep the old guys on top thing.

And I would be lying if I denied lol when Enzo replied about how he got there.

kiguel182

Raw was good. Every match had a meaning and purpouse to it. The backstage segments were entertaining and the in ring promos too.

Stuff advanced, there were some surprises and it was a top to bottom great show. Well, I skipped the main event but apart from that.

Like, just pull off this every week. It wasn't amazing, it just made sense and it was interesting.

Hopefully next week they keep things rolling. Just develop the feuds you have and make something unexpected happen.

To be honest, their whole existence on the roster should be putting over younger talent.
Hopefully this will be a good series and not some 50/50 keep the old guys on top thing.

And I would be lying if I denied lol when Enzo replied about how he got there.
I wish Bubba can pull off one last Bully Ray run.

Raw was goodWell, I skipped the main event but apart from that.

Bray came out of it looking great. The short promo he did before the match was miles better than the meandering 3 minutes rants he usually goes on. The match was solid too, and the whole crowd seemed to decide Bray was the one to cheer - which I think is what was the intent of this match.

Face Wyatt's does seem like something that could work well - as long as they have good reason for attacking people.

It would be great if WWE could independently book the Wyatts and Bullet Club similar to how they booked the Shield during their original run, then have them meet somewhere down the line. Could be a great feud

Mahonay

Banned
Face Wyatt's does seem like something that could work well - as long as they have good reason for attacking people.

It would be great if WWE could independently book the Wyatts and Bullet Club similar to how they booked the Shield during their original run, then have them meet somewhere down the line. Could be a great feud
Yup. Mercury being the brains behind all of The Shield booking really was the magic touch. Some of the more important factions could use that finer touch from guys who actually know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to booking.

Anth0ny

Raw was good. Every match had a meaning and purpouse to it. The backstage segments were entertaining and the in ring promos too.

Stuff advanced, there were some surprises and it was a top to bottom great show. Well, I skipped the main event but apart from that.

Like, just pull off this every week. It wasn't amazing, it just made sense and it was interesting.

Hopefully next week they keep things rolling. Just develop the feuds you have and make something unexpected happen.

agreed. it wasn't amazing, but everything made sense from top to bottom, which is freakishly rare with wwe. you'd think with a team of writers they could accomplish this every week...

Caderfix

Yeah, man. I miss good factions going at it. Both have a lot of potential.

kiguel182

Bray came out of it looking great. The short promo he did before the match was miles better than the meandering 3 minutes rants he usually goes on. The match was solid too, and the whole crowd seemed to decide Bray was the one to cheer - which I think is what was the intent of this match.

That's nice to hear.

Well, they need to fix the Wyatts first. Last year was really damaging to them. Hopefully they can get them to a better place this year.

kiguel182

The Miz is easily one of the best parts of the show. That guy is gold and they are handling him perfectly. He needs to keep that title for a while.

Also, I held my breath when Sami fell on his head. He got lucky that that didn't seriously hurt him.

Mahonay

Banned
F7QA2Xi.gif

A reminder of how fucking great Bray is, and how good Reigns is when he's given literal direction. Reigns is infinitely better as the ass kicking machine that someone sicks on people. It's why people liked him so much in The Shield. Watching Vince try to turn him into Cena 2.0 has been so cringe inducing for going on 2 years now.

kiguel182

F7QA2Xi.gif

A reminder of how fucking great Bray is, and how good Reigns is when he's given literal direction. Reigns is infinitely better as the ass kicking machine that someone sicks on people. It's why people liked him so much in The Shield. Watching Vince try to turn him into Cena 2.0 has been so cringe inducing for going on 2 years now.

As a solo dude he is a great asshole. He needs to turn heel. People already hate him and he does not come across as a nice guy.

Mahonay

Banned
The problem with Zayn's blue thunder bomb is that it makes Apollo Crews finisher look like shit by comparison.
Lol I was thinking this too.

The Miz is easily one of the best parts of the show. That guy is gold and they are handling him perfectly. He needs to keep that title for a while.

Also, I held my breath when Sami fell on his head. He got lucky that that didn't seriously hurt him.
Crowd went "OH!" when that happened. I was happy when he just bounced out of that and seemed completely fine.

And yeah, been loving Miz for the past 2 years. It was really stupid for them to just put him on the back burner after the Mizdow story ended. He's hands down one of your best talkers and characters, fucking use him.

Fox318

Looking back if Roman went with the Authority and Seth was the face it probably would have worked better.

Problem is Roman passes the today show test better than Seth.

Mahonay

Banned
Looking back if Roman went with the Authority and Seth was the face it probably would have worked better.

Problem is Roman passes the today show test better than Seth.
It always bothered me that kind of thing seems to be a huge part of the decision in who WWE puts on top.

Great. Reigns can put a big smile on and look good on The Today Show. How about they show some clips of just how much the WWE fans love him every time he comes out.

They can only do that now since the average person doesn't watch Vince's shitty product. Sometimes I think Vince purposely chased away the casual mainstream fans so he could go back to booking and running things in a manner that is pleasing just to him.

But then he puts on a perfectly good RAW last night. I'll never understand him.

Anybody notice the Bring back Chris Masters sign? lol

Cf1s3hp_WEAEa1_HX_jpg_large.jpg
World's biggest and only Chris Masters fan.

Zach

F7QA2Xi.gif

Cool gif.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bray and Roman got me thinkin', it's refreshing to see Bray with ANYONE else and it's obvious he has great chemistry with Reigns. Lots of very interesting things can be done with him in a team environment away from his heaters.

Fox318

It always bothered me that kind of thing seems to be a huge part of the decision in who WWE puts on top.

Great. Reigns can put a big smile on and look good on The Today Show. How about they show some clips of just how much the WWE fans love him every time he comes out.

They can only do that now since the average person doesn't watch Vince's shitty product. Sometimes I think Vince purposely chased away the casual mainstream fans so he could go back to booking and running things in a manner that is pleasing just to him.

But then he puts on a perfectly good RAW last night. I'll never understand him.

I think it comes from being so insecure about what wrestling is and how they want to market themselves as entertainment except when it suits them otherwise.

They want the host and the random other person to say "Wow, you are a big guy" and that type of old school draw of the size factor.

Problem is that shit doesn't draw anymore. Skill and word of mouth do and somebody like Stroman just isn't going to bring anyone to watch. I mean even today heavyweights aren't the big draw in Boxing, MMA, or even Basketball.'

Mahonay

Banned
I think it comes from being so insecure about what wrestling is and how they want to market themselves as entertainment except when it suits them otherwise.

They want the host and the random other person to say "Wow, you are a big guy" and that type of old school draw of the size factor.

Problem is that shit doesn't draw anymore. Skill and word of mouth do and somebody like Stroman just isn't going to bring anyone to watch. I mean even today heavyweights aren't the big draw in Boxing, MMA, or even Basketball.'
But look how HUGE he is!

Vince has such an insane fetish with size. At least Stroman being hilariously bad brings me a different kind of entertainment. I'll never forget Brock stiffing the fuck out of him at the Rumble when Braun was selling his offense like dog shit.
HHH must be directing the Women's matches because he is dimming the lights for the championship matches.
Good.

That Charlotte vs Nattie match was great.

Hulu version of Raw:

Has it always been like this? That kinda sucks that they don't give you the full content.

Top Bottom