• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

And most if it is due to the fact that Panda Energy absolutely refuses to let anyone take over and run it without Dixie having control.

I think there's been about 3 well known bookers that have said they would have jumped in and tried to work TNA but Panda keeps going "but Dixie has final say and control" and then they nope the fuck out because she's a giant goddamn mark that doesn't know how run a wrestling promotion without treating her talent like life size action figures.

"Most" is probably "all", at least when it comes to the investors. No investor with a brain will sign an agreement to anything like this that 1. gives themselves a minority stake and 2. keeps Dixie in power.

And Dixie to me seems like the one who keeps refusing the stuff. She doesn't want anyone running her toy without her involved and/or in the room. Her parents just won't tell her no because they know if TNA goes belly up, she'll get a job at Panda and be in danger of messing that up too, where it'll actually affect them.

It sucks in a way because she really does seem like a good/big wrestling fan, and she really doesn't want her dream to end. It's just, as we've seen throughout history, those rarely ever translate to good business people, and Dixie is without a doubt one of the worst and most incompetent the industry has ever seen.

Fox318

5HtpqL5.gif

Sparky making Hogan in 95 look good.

JavyOO7

Randy Anderson and Mark Curtis... way better refs than Earl Hebner. Never liked the way Heber counted.

I didn't like Nick Patrick either, especially for the bullshit in Starrcade '97, but Alvarez/Vinny/Craig have come around with Patrick, so when I rewatch those early Nitros I may feel the same too.

MG310

TNA had their 2nd airing of Impact moved to Saturday morning now too.

Pop is showing The Ghost Writer instead. They can probably fit a lot more Schitt's Creek ads into that 3 hours following the first airing of Impact.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Most" is probably "all", at least when it comes to the investors. No investor with a brain will sign an agreement to anything like this that 1. gives themselves a minority stake and 2. keeps Dixie in power.

And Dixie to me seems like the one who keeps refusing the stuff. She doesn't want anyone running her toy without her involved and/or in the room. Her parents just won't tell her no because they know if TNA goes belly up, she'll get a job at Panda and be in danger of messing that up too, where it'll actually affect them.

It sucks in a way because she really does seem like a good/big wrestling fan, and she really doesn't want her dream to end. It's just, as we've seen throughout history, those rarely ever translate to good business people, and Dixie is without a doubt one of the worst and most incompetent the industry has ever seen.

She's a clinger. She clings hard.
7ogTUPm.jpg

Fox318

Remember when James Storm left NXT to go back to TNA?

TNA paid him something like triple what he was making in NXT. Guys went to Dixie to get the same deal like Roode and she said no. So they all gave notice.

Only reason why Storm got the NXT job in the first place was his relationship with Gunn and now that he is out because he's juiced he probably didn't have the capital there.

Zach

5HtpqL5.gif

Sparky making Hogan in 95 look good.

Yesss!

Randy Anderson and Mark Curtis... way better refs than Earl Hebner. Never liked the way Heber counted.

I didn't like Nick Patrick either, especially for the bullshit in Starrcade '97, but Alvarez/Vinny/Craig have come around with Patrick, so when I rewatch those early Nitros I may feel the same too.

Pee Wee and Shooter are definitely the greatest of all time. They'll never get their due and it keeps me up at night, brother.

There's something about Earl's slow, decisive count that can be impactful and effective. Nick Patrick is a ham who can go from fun to terrible. Neither can touch my dudes Randy and Mark, though.

Imagine my surprise at sitting down to skim through Raw and actually watching (and enjoying) most of it, it's a strange new world out there.
Maybe I can live in this Kane and Barrett-less era after all.

Seeing Reigns promo as Cena 2.0 but knowing that they could easily go in the more interesting heel side of tweener with him I have a sudden urge for a Cena/Reigns feud where Reigns reacts to the mixed reactions like a dick which enrages the heroic Cena who respects the hell out of them, it writes itself.

Is TNA dead?

Slammiversary happening in Orlando in June and the TV tapings this month (assuming they happen) will feature a press conference and weigh-ins for the main event.

Having to pad time with weigh ins and a presser to make up for the fact you will not be able to bring enough people for weeks of matches?

I don't know about dead. Slammiversary, BFG, etc could all maybe actually happen. And who knows, maybe they'll still have TV by the end of the year for the first time since Obama was running for reelection.

Dying? Of course. Comatose? Definitely. Never making money? Absolutely. But dead? Nah. We've seen Dixie drag this degrading corpse for and through years. Dave seems to think she's got a couple more tugs left in her. I'm not that optimistic, but I thought they were dead when Spike canned them, and they stuck around, no matter how much doing so ultimately fucked them over more.

Pretty much.

Unless Dixie sells to somebody willing to put major money in it its dead.

And even then the brand is so tainted.

I still can't believe they never completely dropped the TNA name. They came so close to fixing shit, and yet again dropped the ball

What is invisible camera man?
I believe they are talking about a camera that is not acknowledged in the scene. Maryse was angry at everything and everyone, but did not mind there was camera filming it all.

I think this criticism is crazy, as not all stories in wrestling should be told talking into a camera.

Fox318

What is invisible camera man?

The camera just being backstage on 2 guys such as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUMYjauEsk

as opposed to having somebody cover the back like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcxUjQmHO7I

WWE would have brought mean gene in by him walking into Vince's office. Like a camera is always in his office even when he is making secret plans about getting back at austin.

Its the difference between making it seem like a sport or that it's based in some sort of reality vs a WWE stage play where we are part of the ride.

bjork

They should be bring the little cut-ins during a guy's match where whoever he's feuding with is all "I'm gonna beat you bad and then I'm gonna beat your mama" or whatever. It also gets the commentators to be quiet for a minute.

klonere

Banned
Maybe its like the raw with a memorable Becky promo

oh wait.. she hasn't cut a memorable promo

WTPKWY9.png

ur dead kiddo

https://youtu.be/CzmZ2Hvcbik?t=392

Listen to that crowd. listen to the crowd at the Rumble. They wanted a Becky win. They needed it.

Video/audio sync is out but whatever

This promo and Becky being a babyface people cared about enough to have Charlotte turn on and get heat saved Charlotte's reign and made the division watchable in early 2016.

Zach

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, I prefer realism, but I understand folks who think you may be overthinking it. But you're probably right in that they should pick one style and stick to it. Inconsistency breaks immersion.

God, I love him. And he always flies around the ring and hops around and falls down ridiculously during big moves. Haha... amazing.

bjork

The Mighty Don't Kneel don't just go to NXT right away? That seems weird, I've never heard anything other than those dudes being super good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Mighty Don't Kneel don't just go to NXT right away? That seems weird, I've never heard anything other than those dudes being super good.

You've heard wrong. They have zero ability to tell a story of any kind in a match.

They're very 'Natural Born Thrillers'

AJ Styles was ridiculously over in that building. Like everyone, from kids to adults to flipping out over this dude.

Also, Alvarez now incredulous that Rock isn't in the Hall of Fame, except its for obvious reason: because he probably doesn't want to say he's had his last match yet.

I am glad, because that did not come across on TV.

Aiii

So not worth it
Roman Reigns is a black hole of entertainment. You can practically hear the TV sets turning off as he cuts his drawn out boring ass promo.

Get that title of that schmuck.

Heroman

Banned
Roman Reigns is a black hole of entertainment. You can practically hear the TV sets turning off as he cuts his drawn out boring ass promo.

Get that title of that schmuck.
Like I and others have said,He just felt so out of place on raw.

I got to assume Shane constantly appearing on RAW is probably leading to Shane v Triple H down the road.

I guessed that was part of the reason they never put HHH and Shane in the same ring before mania and let Stephanie do it instead.

Maybe this is how they do that often planned Triple H versus Vince story they have been tossing around every year or two. Shane does the actual wrestling part.

MG310

AJ Styles was ridiculously over in that building. Like everyone, from kids to adults to flipping out over this dude.

Also, Alvarez now incredulous that Rock isn't in the Hall of Fame, except its for obvious reason: because he probably doesn't want to say he's had his last match yet.

Was Del Rio as over as he seemed on TV? (or the Si Si Si chant anyway)

bjork

I got to assume Shane constantly appearing on RAW is probably leading to Shane v Triple H down the road.

I guessed that was part of the reason they never put HHH and Shane in the same ring before mania and let Stephanie do it instead.

They need to do something with the lockbox thing still. Maybe shane hired repo man to steal the information or something

Fox318

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, I prefer realism, but I understand folks who think you may be overthinking it. But you're probably right in that they should pick one style and stick to it. Inconsistency breaks immersion.

God, I love him. And he always flies around the ring and hops around and falls down ridiculously during big moves. Haha... amazing.

and he could shoot.

9Nu7akv.gif

look at him working the modified neck crank. That's some serious catch-as-catch-can-wrestling there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Say goodbye to this abortion of an avatar. Time to get REAL.

Top Bottom