• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

But look how HUGE he is!

Vince has such an insane fetish with size. At least Stroman being hilarious bad brings me a different kind of entertainment. I'll never forget Brock stiffing the fuck out of him at the Rumble when Braun was selling his offense like dog shit.

Thing is Stroman with some work could be great.

HHH is doing the right thing by letting guys learn how to work and even how to get over on NXT. Shit the counter to the WWE is getting people to cheer for Corbin simply because he was on NXT. Its like how people cheered for Taz in the WWF because he came from ECW.

I mean their idea with stroman was to book him like Andre in 90 where he doesn't bump and he can't really move. Then they have him dress like a fucking loser with that outfit.

If Stroman can't talk he should be booked like Kane in that he mostly slams dudes and all of his offence is guys bumping and making noise for him.

Instead we got a guy who holds people in an awqward choke that most people think wouldn't work anyway just so people can say "Look!!! He's tall"

bjork

38FJ1aT.jpg

they had to put buff's name on there because no recognizes him without the stupid hat

Mahonay

Banned
Thing is Stroman with some work could be great.

HHH is doing the right thing by letting guys learn how to work and even how to get over on NXT. Shit the counter to the WWE is getting people to cheer for Corbin simply because he was on NXT. Its like how people cheered for Taz in the WWF because he came from ECW.

I mean their idea with stroman was to book him like Andre in 90 where he doesn't bump and he can't really move. Then they have him dress like a fucking loser with that outfit.

If Stroman can't talk he should be booked like Kane in that he mostly slams dudes and all of his offence is guys bumping and making noise for him.

Instead we got a guy who holds people in an awqward choke that most people think wouldn't work anyway just so people can say "Look!!! He's tall"
Stroman needed at least another year or two in development. The guy is legitimately the worst worker they have. That doesn't work in 2016 alongside a roster that has great ring workers from top to bottom. Even Big Show is like several magnitudes better than Braun.

I don't think he'd work well in a sort of silent killing machine circa 1998 Kane. His movements and general presence comes off as too timid for that. He should be a goofy face...to go with his goofy face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince can book the show as a whole but some matches do get laid out by different people, and then Vince chooses a finish.

Everything goes by Vince

Y'all so quick to give him hell for Sin Cara lighting, now it's HHH because it isn't dogshit. I SEE YOU.

Mahonay

Banned
Everything goes by Vince

Y'all so quick to give him hell for Sin Cara lighting, now it's HHH because it isn't dogshit. I SEE YOU.
Lol what. HHH does that lighting for the women's championship matches in NXT, so we have a direct reference to refer from when we see it on RAW.

Get the fuck out of here with Botch Cara.
qdt4rdh.gif

Shit even an attempt would be scary as fuck from him.
Brock was stiffing him here so yeah Braun was probably shitting his pants.

Fox318

I see no reason to not believe HHH is heavily involved with the Women's belt right now. The light dimming and production is something he has been doing with NXT and its straight out of a 78 NWA show.

Vince would get the crowd lite so the number one thing you take away from the product is that people are in the background.

Fox318

Lol what. HHH does that lighting for the women's championship matches in NXT, so we have a direct reference to refer from when we see it on RAW.

Get the fuck out of here with Botch Cara.

Brock was stiffing Him here so yeah Braun was probably shitting his pants.

You just know that brock has no idea who that bearded kaki wearing fuck was because he doesn't watch this carny shit. All he knew was this dipshit was noselling him (probably because Stroman had the easiest gig in the locker room aside from a female manager). So he stiffed him, went along with Vince's carny soap opera, collected his paycheck, and went home to build a custom treestand for his property.

klonere

Banned
good joke guys, you all started gimmick posting about how great Raw was, nice dedication to the cause. you can't fool me.

who is the ringleader and where can I report them?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao Meltzer is in his own world.

He's bitching that Dr. Phil is telling Charlotte not to cheat, and when Alvarez points out this is probably good advice in reality, Meltzer says "but she wasn't that good as a babyface!"

Mahonay

Banned
You just know that brock has no idea who that bearded kaki wearing fuck was because he doesn't watch this carny shit. All he knew was this dipshit was noselling him (probably because Stroman had the easiest gig in the locker room aside from a female manager). So he stiffed him, went along with Vince's carny soap opera, collected his paycheck, and went home to build a custom treestand for his property.
Lol I sort of felt bad for Braun. You know Vince told him to go out and no sell everything out there, since he still had the stupid idea of him being a main event monster.

I don't care what Vince tells me, if Brock is working his offense on me I'm going to fucking sell my ass off and pray he doesn't start shooting.

Mahonay

Banned

He's bitching that Dr. Phil is telling Charlotte not to cheat, and when Alvarez points out this is probably good advice in reality, Meltzer says "but she wasn't that good as a babyface!"
Lol Dave takes too many things at face value sometimes. It's just hilarious that he did it with a one off Dr. Phil appearance, which was shockingly not even that bad.

FyreWulff

Lol Dave takes too many things at face value sometimes. It's just hilarious that he did it with a one off Dr. Phil appearance, which was shockingly not even that bad.

i seriously did not expect dr phil to be able to cut promos. it was like a guest host whose "character" was actually used in story logically. what is this shit.

Fox318

I think that's proof that you need a break from this stuff from time to time.

Probably why WWE has declined. Vince hasn't had a vacation since what? 83? And that's when he came up with wrestlemania (Which to be honest he probably stole the PPV idea from Starrcade, the Celeb part and working with MTV was the genius part on his end)

Mahonay

Banned
i seriously did not expect dr phil to be able to cut promos. it was like a guest host whose "character" was actually used in story logically. what is this shit.
Hah yeah he was actually kind of good at it. And they didn't write it like garbage. It was weird.

How to sell. How to DRAW.
AlarmedConsciousAcornwoodpecker.gif

Kaladin

You know what the most fucked up thing about this recent change of direction WWE has taken if it is a legit creative change?

They had to book it.

They couldn't just let it happen one night and Raw suddenly be good.

They had to book it.

And they had to do it in true WWE fashion and book it in the most fucked up way to give themselves an out to say "Hey, Shane made it better overnight!".

What will be really fucked up is if they go back to what they were doing before when Shane leaves and The Authority comes back.

Mahonay

Banned
You know what the most fucked up thing about this recent change of direction WWE has taken if it is a legit creative change?

They had to book it.

They couldn't just let it happen one night and Raw suddenly be good.

They had to book it.

And they had to do it in true WWE fashion and book it in the most fucked up way to give themselves an out to say "Hey, Shane made it better overnight!".

What will be really fucked up is if they go back to what they were doing before when Shane leaves and The Authority comes back.
Let's be honest. There's a 90 percent chance this is happening.

klonere

Banned
Maybe this is like that random episode at the end of 2014 when they let Ryback cut the Secret promo and the Cesaro 4 ropes incdient

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this is like that random episode at the end of 2014 when they let Ryback cut the Secret promo and the Cesaro 4 ropes incdient

I liked the #TalkingEra. Even if Cesaro shit the bed.

Meltzer says that TNA was evicted from their office. Also their whsrehouse is really small.

To elaborate: they're fucked. They're strapped for cash now more than they ever were, and couldn't pay rent at their old place (where they were located in the basement of). They're looking for new investors mainly because they no longer have enough to afford airfare for talent, and with the next taping booked for...literally next week, nobody's going to be able to show up.

They can no longer afford 1) tapings, 2) a place to stay, 3) the Impact Zone, or 4) travel for their roster. And their 3rd TV station in 3 years, which will probably kick them out by year end too, has already (took barely 3 full months) given up on a significant thing they need: immediate replays to pad viewership. So. Yeah. TNA's in a fucked place, easily the most fucked they've been in the last 3 years, which says a lot.

hamchan

That RAW might have been the weirdest RAW I've ever seen because I ended up watching every single minute and enjoyed all of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AJ Styles was ridiculously over in that building. Like everyone, from kids to adults to flipping out over this dude.

Also, Alvarez now incredulous that Rock isn't in the Hall of Fame, except its for obvious reason: because he probably doesn't want to say he's had his last match yet.

Mahonay

Banned
So how about Ryder just disappearing into the ether on RAW?

Honestly I thought Zack Ryder as champion in 2016 was a real stretch anyway. Miz vs Cesaro has much greater potential.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To elaborate: they're fucked. They're strapped for cash now more than they ever were, and couldn't pay rent at their old place (where they were located in the basement of). They're looking for new investors mainly because they no longer have enough to afford airfare for talent, and with the next taping booked for...literally next week, nobody's going to be able to show up.

They can no longer afford 1) tapings, 2) a place to stay, 3) the Impact Zone, or 4) travel for their roster. And their 3rd TV station in 3 years, which will probably kick them out by year end too, has already (took barely 3 full months) given up on a significant thing they need: immediate replays to pad viewership. So. Yeah. TNA's in a fucked place, easily the most fucked they've been in the last 3 years, which says a lot.

That reminds me, let's see what the Mecca says
LOL

clg0wrq.jpg

LOL LOL LOL

This was posted here, paraphrased

Tom Nook

I didn't like TNA for a long time but YIKES!, I actually felt sorry for them.

FyreWulff

And most if it is due to the fact that Panda Energy absolutely refuses to let anyone take over and run it without Dixie having control.

I think there's been about 3 well known bookers that have said they would have jumped in and tried to work TNA but Panda keeps going "but Dixie has final say and control" and then they nope the fuck out because she's a giant goddamn mark that doesn't know how run a wrestling promotion without treating her talent like life size action figures.

That reminds me, let's see what the Mecca says
LOL

clg0wrq.jpg

LOL LOL LOL

This was posted here, paraphrased

Not surprising. Even TNAsylum (the only TNA fansite anywhere near as deluded as Mecca) is starting to freak out. Mecca? They're "debating" if Nakamura's over ("debating" because it seems like they unanimously think he's not).

They were like this for the TV situations and the late paycheck stuff. They're the fandom equivalent of the soldier who comes out of the bushes in the 90s and discovers WW2's been over for a while and he's been free to emerge for decades now. The end will come and they won't acknowledge it until it's far too late to say anything relevant about it.

I'd imagine so.

They need something for charlotte to do before the summerslam match with sasha
Yeah, seems everything is just on hold until they give the belt to Sasha. Which is a shame because Natalya is great and her and Charlotte put on some really good matches together but it seems inevitable she won't be given the title in her future.

Hated that goddamn finish. Maybe it was a mess up but the ref is being pulled out as Charlotte taps and then is clearly looking at her tapping as he rang the bell. Who knew Dr. Phil could bring up some good points.

Top Bottom