• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I'll stop lurking for a bit:

Current Fave Five

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. That piece of shit Naito
3. THE MONSTER MATANZA CUETO
4. Asuka
5. The Game

All time

1. Austin
2. Owen Hart
3. HBK
4. Nakamura
5. Warrior

Zach

This. Its a mystery. There was some real heat between them for some reason and Yoshiko just straight up crossed lines that everyone knows you dont. Act had suffered medical issues with her eye since she was a little girl and dreamed of being a samurai. She learned kendo and was crushed to find people could no long aspire to becoming samurai and somehow ended up near wrestling. Just to compete she had to take drugs for her health that guaranteed she would become infertile just to perform and she did it anyways to find a means to live out a samurai dream in the ring. She put everything out there despite her disability and even turned her blindness into part of her character. She had just received eye surgery when the Yoshiko stuff went down to finally get sight in her eye.

The eye was purposely targeted by Yoshiko and she crushed Act's face in the ring by beating her head until it shattered. Act had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery because Yoshiko literally seemed like she was attempting murder. Not just assault, but straight up trying to kill.

Yoshiko was banned from wrestling after this. Act Yasukawa eventually had to leave wrestling after only a few short years in which time she had become a top performer and champion. Her life story is one that will likely make a ton of money over the years in film and television dramas. She inspired a lot of people with how much she gave.
Craziness.

MG310

They come out in color on Smackdown? That's awful.

Their titantron video is in color so the part with the curtain closing and the announcer is full screen in color then it transitions to the arena shot in black and white. Not sure why the video isn't just in black and white to begin with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fave Five
ujLF2e4.gif

tumblr_n2xkrf4Aix1sbqspto1_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ntkapiz0Vv1tihmddo1_400.gif

1. Macho Man
2. Rick Rude
3. Stone Cold
4. Owen
5. Scott Hall

Currently really enjoying KO, AJ, Sasha, New Day & Cesaro again. Outside WWE I'm still a big fan of Kenny Omega, current run by Naito is so damn entertaining. Ricochet is great everywhere too. Need to catch up on the last few weeks of LU.

Kevin Sullivan and,Vader,and DDP are three guys I say should go in.

I thought Vader went in this year?

Fox318

DM's favorite wrestlers

Seth Rollins
Hans Schmidt
Big Vito
Karl Von Brauner
Kurt Von Brauner

I wonder what they have in common?

For those of you interested, ProWrestlingOnly recently finished eighteen months of discussions, nominations and arguing over various wrestlers that were nominated while watching thousands of hours of footage in the process finished voting with over 150 people putting their opinions in on who is the Greatest Wrestler of All-Time.

Along with this, numerous people have put together podcasts going over and explaining their lists. All in all, over 40+ hours of podcasts have been put out, which are here in a dandy Soundcloud list for your listening pleasure or you can subscribe to the PWO-PTBN Podcast Network to use on your favorite listening device.

Now, these are folks who have watched a lot of wrestling - World of Sport, 70's Japan, 80's Lucha, 00's Japan Indies, and as a result, the voting so far may seem different than say, the normal IWC audience. So yes, your favorite indy guy may not be in the top 25, 50, or even 250.

And here's a link to the actual results.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Bret Hart has finally unseated my brother from a different mother Ultimo Dragon as my favorite wrestler of all time. He really is what he says he is.

Bret
Ultimo Dragon
Austin
Owen
Jericho

DMczaf

Hey, I always want to put you guys over.

It's just...hey, it's not my fault that keeping thread posts counts high is with keeping me hot. I really wish I could do the job without costing this thread posts, but that's life.

Hey, I always want to put you guys over.

It's just...hey, it's not my fault that keeping thread posts counts high is with keeping me hot. I really wish I could do the job without costing this thread posts, but that's life.
Hunter, you're making no damned sense.

THE LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NO ONES HOME.

They're in the McMansion!

Jr has his own damn commentary table wtf.

The universe literally couldn't take the Wyatts being booked competently for even 2 days. I just feel like that's something that needs to be lingered on

Top Bottom