• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

CgHzexVWwAAzcJq.jpg

Yes!

Finally a monster tag team.

The authors of pain

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's an entire fabrication that DX were somehow at the forefront of the Monday Night Wars, they weren't.

It's also an entire fabrication on the backlash to say that they weren't a very popular MID CARD act and that each and every member was a big deal, because they were. NAO are the tag team of 1998-1999. X-Pac coming over from Nitro as the first big defection during the height of WCW and his angles with Torrie and Kane are gigantic. Chyna is the best built up women's performer in WWF history, still is. It was totally believable to see her tangle with the men and they even considered giving her a short world title run, and compared to people like Vince Russo, Vince McMahon, and David Arquette who actually won that title during that period she was actually credible. HHH had monster feuds with Owen and the Rock and by the time DX breaks up for the first time he is the biggest heel in the company and deserves to be so, which is funny because part of the reason why late 90's/2000 HHH is such a good heel is that the fans don't believe he's worthy to be there.

Bubba T

OP of that thread is right, wrestling is WWE and it is shit right now. I can't imagine anyone watching Mania and getting back into wrestling after it, so while I appreciate people fighting the OP on it, it is hard to argue the reasoning.

Pointing them to LU or NXT is okay, but of course that is not going to be what people associate with wrestling. WWE is the only game in town and everyone knows it.

His gripe with wrestling seemed to be based on it portraying itself as a real sport when it is scripted, seemingly not understanding that is how most of entertainment is.

How big are they?
One is 6'4 305 Gzim Selman - used to be a fighter
Other is 6'2 275 Sunny Dhinsa - freestyle wrestler from Canada

They're both shoot approved.

So they only look big because everyone else is small 😦

Where are the big men at FUCK!

Yoshitatsu got his first win in NJPW at their house show in Japan last night. His finisher is a Pedigree. No joke.

He also has new HHH-inspired gear:

CgPwkXNUkAQ2upN.jpg

Also, SANADA is now calling his Dragon Sleeper with Bodyscissors the "Skull End". He used it to win an eight-man tag last night.

One is 6'4 305 Gzim Selman - used to be a fighter
Other is 6'2 275 Sunny Dhinsa - freestyle wrestler from Canada

They're both shoot approved.

So they only look big because everyone else is small 😦

Where are the big men at FUCK!
There's a big/tall guy at CWfH name Othello. I wish I can post a link but he kinda has Test in him as far as moves.

There's a big/tall guy at CWfH name Othello. I wish I can post a link but he kinda has Test in him as far as moves.
He's from compton too, he might be a legit killer. They need to look at this guy, I know they sign a 7 foot tall guy a few months ago. The Rock gave him an endorsement.

For 7 feet that good. But he probably used to play sports so that could be a factor in it.

I just don't know what happened to all the big guys wanting to be wrestlers.
Maybe due to injuries. A lot of athletes get injured a lot easier now and probably harder to bounce back.

Someone just recommended IWA-MS as good wrestling in that OT thread. BronsonLee alt account identified.

Say what you want about bingo halls, Mickie Knuckles, stiffing people on pay, and running death matches and getting banned from venues, but IWA-MS did give guys like Castagnoli, Danielson, and Punk another place to work when they were starting out.

The 2004 TPI is, in hindsight, a pretty incredible collection of wrestlers.

Top Bottom