• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

NXT and ICW are making wrestling worth watching, RAW and Smackdown are abysmal, TNA has good workers but the most incompetent management in all of the business.

American Alpha are the best tag I've seen in years, Gable is incredible can hardly believe how good he is, if he keeps improving he could go down as one of the greats. If Jordan can stay injury free, I can see him being a huge star as a singles guy, he is the total package.

I pretty much stopped watching wrestling regularly around the end of 2005, but this is a good time to renew my interest, hoping WWE can get their shit together once their roster recovers from this injury plague.

Mahonay

Banned
NXT and ICW are making wrestling worth watching, RAW and Smackdown are abysmal, TNA has good workers but the most incompetent management in all of the business.

American Alpha are the best tag I've seen in years, Gable is incredible can hardly believe how good he is, if he keeps improving he could go down as one of the greats. If Jordan can stay injury free, I can see him being a huge star as a singles guy, he is the total package.

I pretty much stopped watching wrestling regularly around the end of 2005, but this is a good time to renew my interest, hoping WWE can get their shit together once their roster recovers from this injury plague.
RAW the past two weeks has been way more watchable with matches like Owens vs Cesaro and AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn. And the wonderful Enzo and Cass have been moved up and are heading into a feud with The Dudleyz. It's rare that they have a couple of good episodes of RAW in a row, so I fully expect this coming week to be complete shit again. I usually don't watch it myself. I gave up sometime last year.

I'm glad you've picked up NXT. I'd highly suggest going back and watching the first NXT TakeOvers. Most of them are great.

Bubba T

Crews the type of guy to get the mic, smile for 3 secs, and starts off screaming "What's up *insert city here*" and then say alright alright and smile for 4 more seconds and then

You see, I bored even thinking about him on the microphone.

Crews has a very marketable look, his athleticism is exciting to watch, but then he just falls flat when it comes to the mic. He needs a mouthpiece to help him get over until he can learn to cut a promo for himself.

Mahonay

Banned
Crews has a very marketable look, his athleticism is exciting to watch, but then he just falls flat when it comes to the mic. He needs a mouthpiece to help him get over until he can learn to cut a promo for himself.
Dude is just too earnest and nice to cut a good promo. Then again so was D Bry and found his way on the mic, eventually. Crews definitely can't afford to take as long as Bryan did.

Man, I can't say what I really want to here but like I said, he needs to go back to NXT and get the smaller audience on the microphone before he's talking to 16k-21k.

He's one of the best guys they have athletic and wrestling wise but that damn microphone will kill him for years to come in WWE.

He needs that Rodney Mack love from Teddy Long.

Mahonay

Banned
Man, I can't say what I really want to here but like I said, he needs to go back to NXT and get the smaller audience on the microphone before he's talking to 16k-21k.

He's one of the best guys they have athletic and wrestling wise but that damn microphone will kill him for years to come in WWE.

He needs that Rodney Mack love from Teddy Long.
PLAYA. WWE needs to rehire Teddy.

Mahonay

Banned
He said he didn't burn his bridges but I wonder if some of his shoot interviews may get him in trouble.

Just don't make him the happy to lucky Teddy. Give him that attitude again.
He said that Haitch laid him off. I wonder if they didn't get along. Teddy was a Vince man through and through, which makes sense since Vince was the person who got behind him the most to be a big manager. HHH in general seems to dislike guys who are super loyal to Vince, which is pretty fucking ironic.

klonere

Banned
A manager would be great for Crews, absolutely.

I mean we've already seen how much better Miz's whole act is with Maryse who is a manager in all but name. Miz can talk, has a fantastic character but is still way better with a manager than without. I suppose its all about finding the right pairings.

He said that Haitch laid him off. I wonder if they didn't get along. Teddy was a Vince man through and through, which makes sense since Vince was the person who got behind him the most to be a big manager. HHH in general seems to dislike guys who are super loyal to Vince, which is pretty fucking ironic.
Hmmm very interesting. I guess Hunter slowly wants to get rid of Vince's guys so he can put his in place for the future.

Fuck him though, firing Teddy Lee. I'll beat his ass.

One thing I always liked about Teddy was how he always wore suits too big for him.
Teddy Long was on that Michael Jordan tailor shit.

A manager would be great for Crews, absolutely.

I mean we've already seen how much better Miz's whole act is with Maryse who is a manager in all but name. Miz can talk, has a fantastic character but is still way better with a manager than without. I suppose its all about finding the right pairings.

But who would it be?

But who would it be?

N0Z72g9.jpg

How did Carlito's gimmick not get him legit beat up every week
Because Jesus stabbed Cena and you wouldn't want to be like John Cena.

So this guy on Reddit said he met New Day at the gym, he talked to him and this is my favourite part

Apparently people have suggested a split leading to a triple-threat but they have just responded by threatening retirement as they don’t want to split at all.

Grimace, I think I'm going to listen to Cornette's full review of WM 32. If I die from laughter you can have everything I own.

I want to dedicate this post to my girl who went away too soon, Bertha Faye...the greatest champion to come from the trailer parks

tumblr_maj31shW091r2pq24o4_250.jpg

Fuck Sable

The Rock was putting over too many motherfuckers that year. As a kid, fuck yeah I said fuck that but I'm older and understand why he did what he did.

Same thing with Mick Foley, these were two guys too nice to be in the business.

You know you're over when you can continuously lose and it doesn't hurt you.

Mahonay

Banned
The Rock was putting over too many motherfuckers that year. As a kid, fuck yeah I said fuck that but I'm older and understand why he did what he did.

Same thing with Mick Foley, these were two guys too nice to be in the business.

You know you're over when you can continuously lose and it doesn't hurt you.
I was cooling off on The Rock big time around this period in WWE. I was 14 by this point and my taste in wrestling had shifted way more to liking guys with ridiculously good work rate and more natural personalities. Eddie, Benoit, Kurt, Jericho. At that age I didn't understand why they weren't all in the main event picture together. They'd all spend time there separately.

Bubba T

Grimace, I think I'm going to listen to Cornette's full review of WM 32. If I die from laughter you can have everything I own.

I want to dedicate this post to my girl who went away too soon, Bertha Faye...the greatest champion to come from the trailer parks

tumblr_maj31shW091r2pq24o4_250.jpg

Fuck Sable

How did someone who didn't want to learn to bump become Women's Champion?

As much as I think Stephanie brought down the product she at least learned how to bump.

Gurrry

Some guy on reddit got a chance to work out with The New Day at a "WWE Workout Experience" and one of the things they said during a Q&A with all of the attendees was pretty awesome.

"Apparently people have suggested a split leading to a triple-threat but they have just responded by threatening retirement as they don’t want to split at all."

Fuck. Yes.

Dont let the WWE split you guys up for no fucking reason. When the new day finally does hang it up though, its going to be a sad day. I love these guys as a stable and hope they stay this way for a very long time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4f6sbw/so_i_met_the_new_day_yesterday/

How did someone who didn't want to learn to bump become Women's Champion?

As much as I think Stephanie brought down the product she at least learned how to bump.
I said it yesterday, the division had women who could wrestle, Ivory, Jacqueline, Luna, and Tori but they wanted eye candy as their champion. That involved lots of silicone, basically something for the teenagers and older man to get on to. Why do you think Debra won the title next? She knew absolutely nothing about wrestling, she was just a manager.

But you can't deny how big Sable's brand was.

Wowowow. Blue dropping nostalgia bombs every day

Mahonay

Banned
I said it yesterday, the division had women who could wrestle, Ivory, Jacqueline, Luna, and Tori.
They were all adequate workers but none of them were all that great. Compared to the short period of time that WWF had Japanese women wrestling, and today's WWE/NXT division, they were kind of bad.

Bubba T

I said it yesterday, the division had women who could wrestle, Ivory, Jacqueline, Luna, and Tori but they wanted eye candy as their champion. That involved lots of silicone, basically something for the teenagers and older man to get on to. Why do you think Debra won the title next? She knew absolutely nothing about wrestling, she was just a manager.

But you can't deny how big Sable's brand was.

I completely get that aspect of the business, and I understand why she would want it as well. What I don't get is not wanting to learn how to bump and risking your health, seeing how they are in a business where people get slammed on the mat/floor regularly.

Wowowow. Blue dropping nostalgia bombs every day
If I didn't then who would? I thought of her because I wad looking at a match Aja Kong had lasy week. She's still going and she's only 45.

They were all adequate workers but none of them were all that great. Compared to the short period of time that WWF had Japanese women wrestling, and today's WWE/NXT division, they were kind of bad.
Jacqueline, Ivory, and Luna are awesome. Those are three well Luna was but the other two should've been there in 94-95 when they had Bull, Aja, Alundra, Bertha, then they had the Japanese talent coming ober. Those 7 there would tear up the division today. And the difference is, they didn't get as much time as women get today so of course you didn't get to see how great they were.
I completely get that aspect of the business, and I understand why she would want it as well. What I don't get is not wanting to learn how to bump and risking your health, seeing how they are in a business where people get slammed on the mat/floor regularly.
I also forgot to mention that Sable almost never took any offense 😊. She would fall but never take anything crazy.

The Luna shoot, she reveals that Sable didn't have to bump. She had something in her contract about her breast implants but Luna said if hurt Sable she'd be fired.

There is significant improvement from the 90's to today.
A lot of the reasons why is because most women were still using that formula from Moolah, which was bullshit. The methods you saw them using is what the non wrestling eye candy(Stacey Carter, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Kiebler, etc.) Moolah taught them basic stuff and they were so behind as compared to the ladies in Japan and those being traines by men. Moolah was never the best wrestler but she had a stranglehold over women's wrestling for a long time and luckily that's all over now. If you wanted to be one of the best, you sought out more training after leaving Moolah's school which is what Luna did.

Mahonay

Banned
A lot of the reasons why is because most women were still using that formula from Moolah, which was bullshit. The methods you saw them using is what the non wrestling eye candy(Stacey Carter, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Kiebler, etc.) Moolah taught them basic stuff and they were so behind as compared to the ladies in Japan and those being traines by men. Moolah was never the best wrestler but she had a stranglehold over women's wrestling for a long time and luckily that's all over now. If you wanted to be one of the best, you sought out more training after leaving Moolah's school which is what Luna did.
Moolah was such a piece of shit. Took a lot of money for training from young women hoping to get in the business, and then would just never show up to train them. She'd have other students do the training and then not pay them for their work either. There's also some pretty dark stories of her pimping out some of the girls as well. Fuck Moolah.

Moolah was such a piece of shit. Took a lot of money for training from young women hoping to get in the business, and then would just never show up to train them. She'd have other students do the training and then not pay them for their work either. There's also some pretty dark stories of her pimping out some of the girls as well. Fuck Moolah.
Man, when I found out about Moolah being a pimp that shit broke my heart. Sherri admitted it, Luna admitted it, Penny, Maxine, and more. Mildred Burke should be the one getting the recognition that we give Moolah. She owned the title, owned the girls and booked the division. They paid her to come in, she was separate from the main show.

Hex

Banned

Luckily Luna had the Butcher Vachon and Maddog Vachon

Top Bottom