• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Yeah, Ricochet vs Osprey was amazing, as expected.

It is great to see the development of Osprey, form a good flyer in his early days on Progress to one of the best indie wrestlers today.

And what a great bonus match!!!

holy fucking shit that Ricochet vs Ospreay match, thats the sort of shit you can build a promotion around

TIEBREAKER TAG MATCH

Can't wait to watch it later.

Gave really did well this weekend(buffer issues aside)

Ongoing NXT TV taping results right now:

General Manager William Regal is out with Greg Hamilton, and they introduce new Women's champ Asuka.

Question and answer leads to our first match, a non-title affair against...

EVA MARIE!

Asuka defeats Eva via pinfall following a head kick

Nia Jax gets in the ring. The champ tries another kick, but Jax dodges, collects Eva and leaves.

Revival defeat 3.0 (former Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas Scott Parker and Shane Matthews) via pinfall following Shatter Machine.

Dash & Dawson say the eat, sleep and breathe pro wrestling and they're putting every team in the world on notice - they're taking back what's theirs

Hype Bros defeat Blake & Murphy via pinfall following Hype Ryder

Revival attack Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder after the match, already making good on their promise

Carmella defeats Aliyah via submission

Shinuske Nakamura vs. Elias Samson

Is a taping or just a random access bonus show?

klonere

Banned
Fucking FIRE angle to setup that 6 man tag later on. So cool to see they are actually putting effort into continuity between a ton of different matches and rivalries over the weekend and beyond. Definitely elevates the show from "just another super indie show".

Putting Ricochet under a mask and making him a mute is probably the biggest mistake that LU ever made tbh.

lmfao

Enzo and Cass really are never getting called up

Well
they lost clean to AA, so maybe that's their send-off.

ugh

All roads lead to Titan Towers, it's kinda depressing as much as I love NXT.

Yeah, it really hit me listening to WOR this morning. Dave was talking about Ospreay and said "WWE could try and snatch him up now, but they could also just wait and let him develop and grow his brand in Japan because they know that between NXT and WWE they can just take whoever they want from anywhere now."

The Nakamura/Bullet Club raiding basically made them feel unstoppable.

Menome

WM31_Photo_077-3009204930.0.0.jpg

What a hero. What a man.

RBH

Bret Hart interview:

A look back at some of the greatest WrestleMania’s of all time and one man’s epic contests with Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin are always up for discussion as being the greatest in the events history. With WrestleMania 32 upon us Total Wrestling Magazine managed to sit down with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart as he casts his thoughts on this weekend's WrestleMania which he calls an ’embarrassment’.

“I think they have done an awful job of trying to get Roman Reigns over for WrestleMania and quite honestly they made their biggest mistake at this year’s Royal Rumble. They had the right idea by putting him in from the start and stacking the odds against him but they should have had him overcome all the obstacles by fighting bravely against all comers to eventually be the last man standing, but this whole idea where a whole bunch of Triple H’s goons come out, attack him and leave him for dead, having him stretchered out almost crippled only for him to limp out at the end to make a comeback, well we’ve been there, done that. At least if he’d been there from the start to the end taking on everyone he could have lost the match at the very end but the fans would have respected him more. What I think they did by having him stretchered out and return having missed the lions’ share of the match killed any good feeling or respect the fans held toward him and he hasn’t been able to recover from that. By taking him out the match the killed any impact he had.”

It’s fair to say that Hart believes creative ‘cannot come up with something original’ and is also blaming the WWE hierarchy for ‘force feeding’ Reigns to fans.

“It seems to be this whole idea of force feeding the fans with him until they’ll eventually enjoy the taste, but it’s not working they keep presenting him the wrong way and it’s a shame because he is a better talent than that.”

Having been on some of the best WrestleMania cards in WWE’s history Hart seems less than impressed with what the company are offering for their 32nd installment.

“As for the rest of the card I noticed that the tag titles are not on the line and it’s a 4 on 3 handicap match?! Give me a break! Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight up tag team wrestling? The champs defend the belts against another team? It’s simple really but it seems the psychology of wrestling is on the wane at the moment. The people writing this stuff have no sense of the history or prestige of these titles or any of the titles for that matter. It’s sad but the titles don’t mean anything anymore Triple H is currently on his 18th 19th what is it 50th title reign?! I mean give me a break!”

One thing that Hart has noticed is WWE’s reliance on featuring talent that wrestle only a few times a year, while others who are full time are lower down the card.

“This Wrestlemania is suffering from a huge case of nepotism,” Hart states. “You have Shane McMahon son of the boss taking on the Undertaker in the cell. Vince’s son gets the main event in the biggest show of the year, Vince’s son in law gets the semi or joint main event whatever way you want to look at it at the biggest show of the year, Stephanie will walk him out. I’m actually surprised they don’t have Linda McMahon in the Divas title match! Then you have guys like Undertaker and Brock Lesnar who only wrestle a few times a year featuring prominently on the card while guys like Cody Rhodes, the guys who are on the road every day slogging it out, toughing it out, getting injured essentially pulling the wagon, those guys get tucked away in a multi-man match at the bottom of the card or pre show. They’ll get some chump change for a pay-off and it makes me think that this wrestling business isn’t about the wrestlers anymore, it’s about all the bullshit."

“I’m just being honest and I have to say that this year’s Wrestlemania card is the worst Wrestlemania card in history. I won’t be watching it, I couldn’t care less about it. The characters mean nothing, the titles mean nothing. I’m embarrassed by it.”

Moving on from WrestleMania, Hart is excited about the upcoming UK tour that he will be appearing on later this month.

“My UK fans have always been amongst the most ardent and loyal, they have stuck by me through thick and thin and I appreciate it so much.

“That’s why being able to come to the UK to do these events where I get to meet and interact with my fans is always a pleasure and I’m looking forward to getting back over there to touch base with them.”
http://www.totalwrestlingmagazine.c...awful-job-with-roman-reigns-for-wrestlemania/

Menome

What a hero. What a man.

This was the moment when watching Wrestlemania last year that with this being my first-ever wrestling event, I was thinking to myself: "I should try and pick a guy that I want to follow and support".

The choice was made for me with the appearance of Damien (Miz/San)dow. I saw him as the Royale went on and thought: "That's the guy". Then suddenly, there he was in an almost-cleared ring. He had betrayed someone who was apparently being a dick to him and was stood toe-to-toe with The Big Show.

I knew in my head how it was going to end. I wasn't stupid. But I believed in my heart this mystery blue-pants-wearing man could come through victorious.

I've kept that belief going for just over a year now. It's been tested severely. But it's there.

This was the moment when watching Wrestlemania last year that with this being my first-ever wrestling event, I was thinking to myself: "I should try and pick a guy that I want to follow and support".

The choice was made for me with the appearance of Damien (Miz/San)dow. I saw him as the Royale went on and thought: "That's the guy". Then suddenly, there he was in an almost-cleared ring. He had betrayed someone who was apparently being a dick to him and was stood toe-to-toe with The Big Show.

I knew in my head how it was going to end. I wasn't stupid. But I believed in my heart this mystery blue-pants-wearing man could come through victorious.

I've kept that belief going for just over a year now. It's been tested severely. But it's there.

I mean, it could have been worse. Imagine if you had gotten into it by seeing Sandow/Cena first

I'm glad you haven't given up, though I don't know how much longer he'll last in the company

Ospreay vs. Ricochet was hot fire, but the meatiest matches were Hero/Yehi, Riddle/Sabre, and Thatcher/Scurll. End/TJP was underwhelming.

He comes off very bitter to many but the damn man is right. WM could feature so much more than what it does with show being damn 4 hours and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make it 5 eventually. But still we'll get the same cards that some times don't really do anything for feuds. Well some of the matches are just random shit made up of the last 3 weeks anyway but they need to get back to actually making sense.

Adree

I only saw bits and pieces of S1 but I've seen all of S2 and is Pentagon a tweener now? I mean I know the fans love him but he was totally playing to the crowd before getting squashed last week. I think he'd be perfect in a Stone Cold type role.

I only saw bits and pieces of S1 but I've seen all of S2 and is Pentagon a tweener now? I mean I know the fans love him but he was totally playing to the crowd before getting squashed last week. I think he'd be perfect in a Stone Cold type role.

Season 1 he was a heel for the most part that the fans wound up loving because of his ultraviolence, culminating in the Vampiro match where they embraced him completely

Season 2 they played off that and had him be a face. So far. Going any further would be spoiling a ending that honestly, people at the tapings didn't really like much. But yeah, so far they've embraced the crowd reactions and have him beat up bad guys, break Mil's arm, and take shots at monsters.

Bayley
did wrestle at the tapings. Beat
Liv Morgan
. Then cut a promo saying
she would be champion again.

Now they are doing
Nakamura vs. Perfect Ten
. Fantastic.

Menome

We in, fam.

Uce.

Uce.

Uce.

UCE
UCE
UCE
YOU STILL GOT IT
Y2JACKASS
YOU STILL SUCK
UCE
UCE
UCE
YOU STILL GOT IT
Y2JACKASS
YOU STILL SUCK
UCE
UCE
UCE
YOU STILL GOT IT
Y2JACKASS
YOU STILL SUCK
UCE
UCE
UCE
DENTAL PLAN
LISA NEEDS BRACES
YOU STILL GOT IT
Y2JACKASS
YOU STILL SUCK
UCE
UCE
UCE
DENTAL PLAN
LISA NEEDS BRACES
YOU STILL GOT IT
Y2JACKASS
YOU STILL SUCK

Hex

Banned
Ongoing NXT TV taping results right now:

General Manager William Regal is out with Greg Hamilton, and they introduce new Women's champ Asuka.

Question and answer leads to our first match, a non-title affair against...

EVA MARIE!

Asuka defeats Eva via pinfall following a head kick

Nia Jax gets in the ring. The champ tries another kick, but Jax dodges, collects Eva and leaves.

Revival defeat 3.0 (former Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas Scott Parker and Shane Matthews) via pinfall following Shatter Machine.

Dash & Dawson say the eat, sleep and breathe pro wrestling and they're putting every team in the world on notice - they're taking back what's theirs

Hype Bros defeat Blake & Murphy via pinfall following Hype Ryder

Revival attack Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder after the match, already making good on their promise

Carmella defeats Aliyah via submission

Shinuske Nakamura vs. Elias Samson

Where are Enzo and Cass? They were missing last night too

Top Bottom