• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

RBH

https://fat.gfycat.com/EnchantedImperturbableBlackfootedferret.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

What were your thoughts about this man's match last night?

[img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/1c3cfeca8b3a1bf1c4617824a7276da9/tumblr_inline_nhneedB4de1ro92ph.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't care what anyone says. Sasha vs Becky was the superior women's title match last year.

On that note, Bayley vs Asuka was disappointing. It was good, but I was expecting a MOTY candidate and was damn certain it would be the best match on the card. Turns out that was Zayn vs Nakamura by a mile. Also Balor vs Joe was surprisingly good. The blood and the way Joe was reacting to it really helped that match a lot I think.

DMczaf

What were your thoughts about this man's match last night?

tumblr_inline_nhneedB4de1ro92ph.gif

With a tear....in my eye.....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JJ looked like he was going to cry last nigth. It was very sweet.
Gable was more of a 'of course we won' which was very cool.

klonere

Banned
CfEOciIUIAAhyUA.jpg

Jordan's been slumming it as the perennial developmental guy who could never put it together until just now so its definitely gotta be more emotional for him. Meanwhile Gable stepped in and was nearly immediately great at everything.

It's a pretty cool dynamic.

DMczaf

Jordan and Gable are too good to fail in WWE.

Jordan has finally put everything together, and now the sky is the limit.

Gimme Brock/Jordan pls

klonere

Banned
Here's the full American Alpha post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLd99rgNrI

It's...real. They are real. They stumble and stutter, they are over-emotional. But its real. You emphasize. You know its been a long journey for them. You know this is a triumph. You know its important to them. It's the heart of wrestling - a story, a struggle, a fight and a victory. It's real.

Zach

You mean what was shown during the event? Or some extra thing on WWE.com? I want to see it, because I love the big emotional guy/strong little guy dynamic. :D

Zach

Gimme Brock/Jordan pls
No one wants that. Brock's an old dork. Move aside, elderly fellow and make way for the New Blood.

(But mostly, just don't split up Gable/JJ.)

kiguel182

Gimme Brock/Jordan pls

As good as Jordan is I hope they keep them together. They work great as a team and complement each other so well.

I'm also happy that Jason Jordan finally found his groove.

Zach

It's...real. They are real. They stumble and stutter, they are over-emotional. But its real. You emphasize. You know its been a long journey for them. You know this is a triumph. You know its important to them. It's the heart of wrestling - a story, a struggle, a fight and a victory. It's real.
Oh, thanks. Great stuff. Love these dudes. Love 'em!

kiguel182

This blend between real and script is the best thing about wrestling. That scripted victory was a real victory for them. So great to see.

Link to results?

NXT Taping: Episode 1
Asuka def. Eva Marie
The Revival def. 3.0
Hype Bros def. Blake and Murphy (without Alexa Bliss) via Hype Ryder
Carmella def. Aaliyah via Submission.
SHINSUKE NAKAMURA def. Elias Sampson via Kinshasa

NXT Taping: Episode 2
American Alpha def. Enzo and Cass
Nia Jax def. Deonna Purrazzo
No Way Jose def. Alexander Wolfe
Samoa Joe def. Apollo Crews via Submission.

NXT Taping: Episode 3
Austin Aries def. Angelo Dawkins
Alexa Bliss def. Tessa Blanchard.
Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa def. The Vaudevillains.

NXT Taping: Episode 4
Baron Corbin def. Tucker Knight
Bayley def. Liv Morgan via Bayley To Belly.
Shinsuke Nakamura def. Tye Dillinger

Man God

Non-Canon Member
According to the Observer daily update, at least 4 wrestlers have been offered deals at the various indy shows this weekend.

NXT has reached critical mass. Apparently they pay just enough and have more than enough prestige to get just about anyone in the world to come work for them.

Luschient

Jeebus, I love Heenan but haven't kept up with him in recent years. From that pic, has he had cancer/disease or is it just age?

Anth0ny

I just realized that an in character Heenan live tweeting about wrestling shows might be the greatest twitter idea possible

thefro

I just realized that an in character Heenan live tweeting about wrestling shows might be the greatest twitter idea possible

That'd be perfect for him. Doesn't even have to be wrestling stuff.

People say he's still mentally sharp as hell and funny, just can't really talk any more.

Does this mean Izzy was at Takeover last night? If so, why no reaction shot after Bayley lost?

I heard she freaked out and tried to rush to the ring after Bayley lost and was hysterically crying and her parents had to carry her out of the arena.

Top Bottom