• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I mean... its obvious the entire match is just a excuse to have Shane fall off something tall again.

I was kind of expecting them to pull out the old HIAC because doing a roof spot off the new cell seems insane.

Plus I am not sure Undertaker could even climb it.

A 45 ft. drop wouldn't have anything to do with the Cell. The Cell is only 20 ft. tall. That means Shane might come off of something more than twice as high as the roof of the Cell.

3/7/2006

* Vince McMahon has come up with a plan to help John Cena‘s support from the fans. The philosophy he has come up with will address Cena’s limited in-ring performance. McMahon was behind the idea of having Triple H verbally attacking Cena’s in-ring ability. He has come to realize that he can no longer ignore the crowds dislike for Cena. There will be more promos criticizing Cena as a bad in-ring performer over the next several weeks.

Before McMahon came to realization that it would be best to not ignore the crowds response, management were committed to protecting Cena’s image due to the long-term plan of keeping him as a credible opponent for Triple H and because he plays the off-air role of a champion very well.
3/10/2006

* In a recent interview Hulk Hogan said John Cena is the man to carry pro wrestling for the next 15-20 years.
Fuck HulkKoggan.

Gurrry

After last night, there are so many people that could come up on Monday after mania.

It would fit perfect with Shane winning and kicking off Raw with a bunch of new faces to emphasize the "change" that he is bringing. Bayley, Joe, Enzo and Cass... Shane announces the Divas title is garbage and disrespectful.. Changes it to the Womens belt.

There are legitimate changes that can be told through Shane's takeover. That would be such a breath of fresh air for the main roster stuff.

Now only if he could change the rating to PG-13 as well...

A 45 ft. drop wouldn't have anything to do with the Cell. The Cell is only 20 ft. tall. That means Shane might come off of something more than twice as high as the roof of the Cell.

Actually looked that up when thinking about it and yeah. The new cell is only 20 ft. Old cell was 16ft which is weird because the new cell feels like its nearly 2x the size.

Maybe the ol' titantron spot then.

I am totally going to be watching the first 3 hours of mania looking for the thing Shane is jumping off.

Jopie

Shane's going to end up killing himself. For a fall that big, I hope they have one of those stunt man landing pads.

5/5/2006

* According to Dave Meltzer, the decision is final and John Cena will be Rob Van Dam’s opponent in the main event match at the ECW One Night Stand PPV this June.

Apparently WWE will be using this opportunity to officially turn John Cena heel after being booed by fans for months. It also appears that this will be when RVD will cash in his “Money In The Bank” title shot, thus indicating that Cena will continue to retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship.

So Cena turned heel, I see.

Meltzer spoke again this morning about Ricochet coming to WWE/NXT. He said that he's heard that NJPW is looking for a new tag partner for Sydal, which even more indicates that Ricochet is going to NXT.

Mahonay

Banned
Meltzer spoke again this morning about Ricochet coming to WWE/NXT. He said that he's heard that NJPW is looking for a new tag partner for Sydal, which even more indicates that Ricochet is going to NXT.
Maybe he negotiated a change or exception in his contract with LU? I imagine he has some leverage since they practically begged Ricochet to sign on with them in the first place.

Maybe he negotiated a change or exception in his contract with LU? I imagine he has some leverage since they practically begged Ricochet to sign on with them in the first place.

Ricochet always had an opt out in his contract after Season 3. And at the most recent tapings they
killed him off in a Grave Consequences match.

Fox318

Evolve is at 1EST

ev59_04022016_ippv.jpg

Also has ZSJ vs Riddle
Any way to watch it on demand?

I might dip in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Bayley doesn't go to the main roster, I'm REALLY excited about a Bayley vs Asuka rematch story

Alvarez/Meltzer says she isn't planned for main roster until SS and they're advertising her for main roster tours. Meltzer also said last night he's almost sure she's getting a program with Asuka for a rematch.

Also, Corbin's match was pretty decent, I think it just happened to be the one match where people weren't outrageously hyped but I'm glad to see he's not putting on piss-break matches and grew a personality in the last few months.

I like Corbin. Dude has heel and unstoppable written all over him.

He's got something most don't have at all, he actually looks like a bad ass. And does his "asshole" persona very well.

When I look at Braun Strowman I see a guy that looks like a big geek on steroids, when I look at Corbin I see a guy who looks ready to wreck things. Just by looking at his face you can see that the character thinks he owns the place, is not afraid of anyone and is 100% disrespectful.

He's got a lot to offer, and I hope he does well when he goes to the main roster. He is a top heel.
They say the best characters come from those who dial up their own persona to 11, apparently breaking ground revealed Corbin to be something of an asshole.
Thus we have ourselves a convincing and unlikeable ass, playing to those strengths, even if they aren't exactly the best strengths.

If Bayley doesn't go to the main roster, I'm REALLY excited about a Bayley vs Asuka rematch story
Perhaps she can pull some double duty like Zayn and Owens did if she pops up on the main roster soon.

Rewatching Nak vs Sami and there was like 15 fucking camera cuts when Sami did the bring it taunt. This show is near unwatchable now that i notice this shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They say the best characters come from those who dial up their own persona to 11, apparently breaking ground revealed Corbin to be something of an asshole.
Thus we have ourselves a convincing and unlikeable ass, playing to those strengths, even if they aren't exactly the best strengths.

Perhaps she can pull some double duty like Zayn and Owens did if she pops up on the main roster soon.

Breaking Ground is a work

Rewatching Nak vs Sami and there was like 15 fucking camera cuts when Sami did the bring it taunt. This show is near unwatchable now that i notice this shit.

My girlfriend said after we watched it on th3 Network at the hotel that it didn't seem as good as it did live. This is one of the reasons. Butchered that moment.

Kaiterra

Banned
Man I kept clicking on that WWE Mafia thread instead of this one by accident. So, uh... Is Takeover not going to be on Hulu this time? All the other ones have been, and it would've been put up by now...

– Angle told Vince that he had a serious pain pill addiction and needed to enter rehab, and Vince wouldn’t let him. He told Vince, “I’m Gonna Die.” Vince told him to figure out his problems on the road. Wow. Vince needed Angle to help put John Cena over big and make him strong for his WrestleMania 21 main event match with JBL.

Wow, how do you not open your eyes and try to get this man some help. That's very foul on Vince's end because if he died in him then Vince would've been fucked!

Aiii

So not worth it
Rewatching that Zayn vs. Nakamura match, so many goddamned beautiful sequences in that. Absolutely masterful work.

broz0rs

The only thing that's going to really lack for Nakamura is that commentators (particularly Mauro) won't be allowed to scream BOMA-YE!! when he hits his move.

Pentagon has so many amazing variations on his mask recently. The red eye trim, the blue hood, the Day of the Dead, and this looks like it's been to a movie prop master's paint shop. Way cool.
I always wondered what that gif was saying, but reading that reddit headline, I could read those lips as clear as day.
Better camera angle for the ending of the Nakamura/Zayn match:

https://streamable.com/2t4d
I can finally see what he did. is this his usual finisher ?
I wonder if the opponent rising as the knee connects is the WWE standard now, so they can release some of the force and bump out of the way a bit. I'd only seen the BoomaYe to a kneeling opponent. After watching the NXT camera shot I thought the finisher was completely reworked to have that flip, bad angle.

Meltzer is at the Evolve show, sporting a Perros Del Mal shirt.
As it should be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bayley is also, you know, the only credible threat to Asuka right now. I love the NXT women's division but they just don't have what it takes to beat her. Maybe a weird face turn by Dana Brooke.

RBH

12950207_1697683727123128_190200354_n.jpg

Not a "say cheese" smile.. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is STILL making me laugh. My favorite color commentator ever and the GREATEST all around performer in professional wrestling. Bobby's commentary was not only entertaining, but also made every match that much more interesting. HE is the one that hooked me as a fan and the conversation we just had, made my trip. Thank you Brain!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDtKP1jscMr/?taken-by=justinroberts

Ricochet's sell where he flops and then goes stiff as a board out at an angle is my favorite. It could be the new Rock stunner flip.

Heenan's actually looking better there. I hope his quality of life is good.

Top Bottom