• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I really don't get the singing bit.

Yeah, it's fun at first in a "Oh, hah, I recognize that song." kind of way.

But then, 10 minutes into the match and they're still fucking singing I'm like "WTF."

The NXT Takeover crowd were honestly a bit ridiculous singing the same songs over and over, but it's not like at an indie show where one fan starts a song and everyone in the building can quickly pick up on it. The singing's no different than chanting, you're doing it to either show appreciation for your favourites or to piss off the heels.

Here, watch this clip of us winding up Roddy Strong for having shitty little boots; https://streamable.com/7ru4 I know some here will hate this sort of thing, but Strong was so great that whole weekend with the way he reacted to the crowd.

I'll gladly tag with Bootaaay on the baseball issue. Easily one of the most boring sports in the world.

vTmEf9I.gif

Kaladin

The NXT Takeover crowd were honestly a bit ridiculous singing the same songs over and over, but it's not like at an indie show where one fan starts a song and everyone in the building can quickly pick up on it. The singing's no different than chanting, you're doing it to either show appreciation for your favourites or to piss off the heels.

Here, watch this clip of us winding up Roddy Strong for having shitty little boots; https://streamable.com/7ru4 I know some here will hate this sort of thing, but Strong was so great that whole weekend with the way he reacted to the crowd.

It makes more sense when there seems to be a point to it and the wrestlers know what is going on. It comes across as more of a cultural difference between UK and US crowds.

But it's lost when you're just doing it to do it and it feels more like the crowd trying to get themselves over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Bayley songs are really annoying and unfunny let's just say it. Can't we just let this be a footy thing?

Cagey

Banned

Kaladin

So Billy Corgan was on Alex Jones internet talk show today. A coversation about Social Justice Warriors somehow got to an Impact Wrestling plug....

They're talking about how SJW are being pulled into a cult and being fooled when....

Jones reiterated,

"They're being inducted into a cult."

Corgan agrees,

"Absolutely, and nobody wants to admit that they're being fooled. Now, I work in professional wrestling. TNA Impact Wrestling on Tuesday nights on Pop Network–There's my commercial."

Jones is a fan:

"I've seen it. This is great."

Corgan explains:

Thank you. So, what's the old carnie term? They're marks. What was the carnie idea? We're gonna stage a fight–this started in the carnivals in the 1900s. We're gonna stage a fight, we're gonna get the local yokels to believe that the kid from the sticks is gonna fight the big guy and if he can beat him, you know. That's how professional wrestling started, believing that what you were witnessing was real.

Jones asks,

"And you suspend disbelief?"

Corgan answers,

"Yes, well, that's what we have. We have a world of suspended disbelief, right?"

http://pitchfork.com/news/64926-bil...ice-warriors-to-the-kkk/?mbid=social_facebook

Uuuuuuuuuuh...

TNA everybody!

Fox318

Baseball is awesome. You have individual matchups and you have a game that is structured around moments. Where o matter what the losing team always has one last pitch to try and win the game.

Its like a good structured wrasslin match. Spots that tell a story in between headlock takedowns to build drama.

The only time baseball was any good or interesting was when you had guys taking roids to smash out dingers. Now that you've taken those away, it's back to the same old tired shit.

Soccer is at least interesting and a worldwide phenomenon. Baseball is just something the poors picked up in the 20s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The irony of complaining about a crowd singing and then posting song lyrics is not lost on me. That's hilarious.

Nekofrog

Banned
The only time baseball was any good or interesting was when you had guys taking roids to smash out dingers. Now that you've taken those away, it's back to the same old tired shit.

Soccer is at least interesting and a worldwide phenomenon. Baseball is just something the poors picked up in the 20s.

Baseball sucks, I agree, but let's not pretend that it isn't played around the world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus looks beyond terrible with his hair down. Yikes!

Strax

Never watched a whole baseball game (I have tried) or played but it looks like game thats fun to play but watching it is not fun

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'd like to see baseball come up with anything nearly as thrilling as Tim Howard carrying the entire damn USMNT on his back against Belgium in the 2014 WC.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just gonna put this out here, Conor McGregor in the E would be huh-larious.

But McGregor's up to like $1,000,000 a fight and WWE is way more work and way more likely to cause injuries. McGregor's posturing for money, I'm guessing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hulkster beat Flair in his first WCW match. And The Butcher main-evented their WM equivalent. WCW deserved to die right then and there.

To be fair the first Starrcade that takes place in Chicago kills the event as their big draw and it only really is their biggest show of the year three more times, in 1996, 1997, and 1998. Superbrawl is bigger, as is Halloween Havoc. Great American Bash is right around Starrcade's level. Fallbrawl too.

Top Bottom