• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

RBH

Raw and Smackdown tapings coming to Glasgow, Scotland for the first time ever in November:

B9fUOea.png

klonere

Banned
If you guys were mad at the London crowd or even a Raw after Mania crowd

Just you wait for a hot Glasgow crowd. I'm sure most of you oh so sensitive Americans will have sent telegrams to your Senator about the outrageous conduct of these fans ruining "muh wrestling"

Are you okay DM?

mN7KYmJ.gif

WWE want some of that ICW money huh

So odd how they latch on to these minnows that feed them talent.

This is really going to feed the us vs them thing ICW have going on. Still remember lolling at Dallas cutting a promo on Vince about the network launch.

I kinda lean towards the "here's an opportunity to promote your show in the same building in two weeks" side, but those Raw and Smackdown tickets are EXPENSIVE. You're running two weeks after a two night TV run, a lot of people are going to have spent their wrasslin' budget.

If you guys were mad at the London crowd or even a Raw after Mania crowd

Just you wait for a hot Glasgow crowd. I'm sure most of you oh so sensitive Americans will have sent telegrams to your Senator about the outrageous conduct of these fans ruining "muh wrestling" ]
It's either going to be the best thing or worst thing

This is really going to feed the us vs them thing ICW have going on. Still remember lolling at Dallas cutting a promo on Vince about the network launch.

I kinda lean towards the "here's an opportunity to promote your show in the same building in two weeks" side, but those Raw and Smackdown tickets are EXPENSIVE. You're running two weeks after a two night TV run, a lot of people are going to have spent their wrasslin' budget.

Any idea how ICW's show at the Hydro is selling? They put tickets up so far in advance, but because they've got to promote all the shows in between, promotion for the Hydro show doesn't seem to have ramped up significantly.

Also, Dallas' us vs them mentality is a bit grating (especially in regards to other indies, saying he has no problem stepping on anyone's toes, then bitching when WWE does it to him, complaining about NXT flyering his shows, then doing the same thing at PROGRESS), but even so I don't think I can write off WWE being at the Hydro two weeks before ICW as purely coincidental. WWE's after everyone's business, unless you're one of their pre-approved indies.

klonere

Banned

It's either going to be the best thing or worst thing

It turns the Hydro show into even more of a make or break situation, if they can fill it up after interference from WWE, they prove that they have built their own audience up that will choose them over the dominant market force everywhere else.

I wish them all the luck in the world, even if I'm not the hugest fan of the actual product.

I almost expect Grado chants and a huge chorus of Like A Prayer.

HERE WE
HERE WE
HERE WE FUCKING GO

Any idea how ICW's show at the Hydro is selling? They put tickets up so far in advance, but because they've got to promote all the shows in between, promotion for the Hydro show doesn't seem to have ramped up significantly.

Also, Dallas' us vs them mentality is a bit grating (especially in regards to other indies, saying he has no problem stepping on anyone's toes, then bitching when WWE does it to him, complaining about NXT flyering his shows, then doing the same thing at PROGRESS), but even so I don't think I can write off WWE being at the Hydro two weeks before ICW as purely coincidental. WWE's after everyone's business, unless you're one of their pre-approved indies.

I know they sold 2000+ the first day, but things always tail off from there. Was good to hear PROGRESS have sold 2/3rds of the O2 already, hopefully they can finish it.

EDIT: http://www.thenational.scot/news/wrestling-pioneer-in-bid-to-sell-out-hydro.15836 from a couple weeks ago says they've sold "about 3000".

klonere

Banned
I know they sold 2000+ the first day, but things always tail off from there. Was good to hear PROGRESS have sold 2/3rds of the O2 already, hopefully they can finish it.

EDIT: http://www.thenational.scot/news/wrestling-pioneer-in-bid-to-sell-out-hydro.15836 from a couple weeks ago says they've sold "about 3000".

uhhhh

That's not all that much. I mean just looking from the outside I can't identify what exactly the are building for the Hydro show. Still I guess it is a long way off.

Well except for the end of the evil authority angle oh boy. Grado redemption story?

That's not bad at all, considering we're still months out - I guess the next part's the hardest though, as all the regulars and hardcore fans will already have their tickets.

Incidentally, I see IPW are running their 'Biggest Show Ever' in Brixton a month before PROGRESS - was kinda tempted, but I see it ends at gone 9PM and Brixton's always such a pain in the arse to get back from. Heard talk that they're bringing in someone particularly money markish, like a Kurt Angle or Rey Mysterio Jr.

uhhhh

That's not all that much. I mean just looking from the outside I can't identify what exactly the are building for the Hydro show. Still I guess it is a long way off.

Well except for the end of the evil authority angle oh boy. Grado redemption story?

Calling it now, with how much they love the Attitude Era: It's going to be Dallas vs Red Ladder Match for control of the company.

klonere

Banned
Calling it now, with how much they love the Attitude Era: It's going to be Dallas vs Red Ladder Match for control of the company.

Why not go all out for the ultimate tribute to the AE and have a four way with an authority figure in each corner

Grado with Dallas
Big Damo with Dallas's heretofore unrevealed illegitimate son
Jack Jester/Galloway with Red
Renfrew with Nikki Storm who turns out to be Dallas's mistress or something

It's F&L2000 baby

EDIT; Oh wait Nikki is going to NXT right, my carefully thought out storyline is ruined.

Why not go all out for the ultimate tribute to the AE and have a four way with an authority figure in each corner

Grado with Dallas
Big Damo with Dallas's heretofore unrevealed illegitimate son
Jack Jester/Galloway with Red
Renfrew with Nikki Storm who turns out to be Dallas's mistress or something

It's F&L2000 baby

EDIT; Oh wait Nikki is going to NXT right, my carefully thought out storyline is ruined.
Foley's going to be there again, who's corner is he in?

it was pretty hilarious that their london celebrity crowd appearance was freaking james corden's parents. god damn.

scotland taping should be fun to watch no doubt. those dudes gonna be so loud.

klonere

Banned
I think Cattle Mutilation can look really brutal. Same with Rings of Saturn. Last year when Sasha was running through all the women in NXT the Banks Statement always looked supremely painful.

Pentagon Jr. & Fenix wrestling in Japan for Akebono's Royal Road promotion;

jUjWOJo.jpg

Doesn't look like a huge turnout, but a new promotion in Tokyo was always going to have an uphill battle - going to be interesting to see how this does in the long run.

Top Bottom