• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

more like

Nintendo is Bayley, kids love it but the gimmick obviously won't catch with adults who respect themselves, which means it's bound to fail

OK, let me put it another way.

UFC is to Wrestling as Sony is to Nintendo. One is for real men who take their gaming/fighting seriously, the other is fake kiddie bullshit for 10 year olds.

Xbox is the outlier, the CZW if you will, strictly for carnies and inbreds who fancy themselves smarter than adults because they identify as juggalos.

Aiii

So not worth it
OK, let me put it another way.

UFC is to Wrestling as Sony is to Nintendo. One is for real men who take their gaming/fighting seriously, the other is fake kiddie bullshit for 10 year olds.

Xbox is the outlier, the CZW if you will, strictly for carnies and inbreds who fancy themselves smarter than adults because they identify as juggalos.

...while consuming a shittier product.

Spot on, friend.

When comparing Nintendo to a wrestler, you have to go with Kevin Owens. Family-oriented, a friends list that is hard to maintain, keeps insisting that Super Mario Bros. 2 was 3.

imBask

Banned

SAVAGE

vJ5NrRf.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Was Adam Rose part of a good feud or memorable matches? I really don't like his gimmick, but I must admit I know next to zero about him.

10/10.

He had a gimmick where he made a bunch of way more talented dudes be his dancing lackeys which was immediately buried on the main roster.

Sometimes I don't understand why Vince promotes guys. Of the male talent that's been promoted over the last what, 2 years, the only guys that have been pushed as relevant are Zayn and Owens, and he's making them lose a lot in the process. You could arguably say Rusev was relevant, but he was not treated as relevant at all until he was fed to Cena. He was mostly just an evil foreigner beating up Jack Swagger and shit before that.

I guess not everyone's willing to be a doormat?

Someone must be reading Reddit.

Strange that Sandow was passed over for this group.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If someone is paying me a minimum of $300,000 to do an easy job, you are fucking right I'm not gonna say shit publically. Think about it: he's protecting a completely imagined reputation as a clean, straight shooter (his reputation is "jobber") and he could explain the issue to his daughters himself instead of just assuming she'll believe whatever she reads on the internet.

imBask

Banned
Vince thinks he understands this better than everyone else, and that he can see something in people that others can because of what happened in the past. Once again i'll repeat it, he's literally George Lucas

Angry Grimace

Adam Rose and Apollo Crews are two of the most confusing call ups, at least to me. Rose sucked in the ring, had a really dumb character, and the only thing over with him was his entrance. Crews is straight up not ready.

It's one of those things where it was probably always like that (Vince calls up muscle guy, or gimmick he thinks will be entertaining for a month), but it gets really weird once you have the abilty to actually watch the developmental system these guys are being called up through.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is Max Landis. Controversial, annoying, somewhat of a prick, but inside we all know he's the best
Max Landis is a great director and shouldn't be lumped in with Nintendo.

Hex

Banned
PlayStation - Seth Rollins, the one everyone likes. Waiting for Rollins to come back right now is like how everyone was waiting for Sony to retake the console throne with the PS4.

Xbox - Roman Reigns. The one that you were supposed to like, the chosen but people know better. Still some people keep thinking that it can turn the corner.

Nintendo - Bray Wyatt . Has alot of fans, but keeps tripping over itself and getting injured every time there is a chance at momentum. Still always has its pop and its fireflies no matter how routine it gets.

A couple of tweaks

hahahaha
Now hes going to be released within the next 12 months.
Yeah, there was no risk of that happening before now
Adam Rose and Apollo Crews are two of the most confusing call ups, at least to me. Rose sucked in the ring, had a really dumb character, and the only thing over with him was his entrance. Crews is straight up not ready.

Rose was in developmental for a while, and the "crazy guy who may be a killer" gimmick was sorta taken.

Hex

Banned

Not going to lie, Adam Rose when he first came up was fun and the crowd popped for it.
But the good old boys in the back can't have any of that homo behavior and immediately jobbed the hell out of him.

Angry Grimace

...is Baron Corbin going to even make the PPV? They already have like 6 matches for Payback set. I guess Corbin's gonna squash Ziggler or something...

Adam Rose said:
I was not going to respond to my suspension but I feel I have to. I have two sons that will one day read that news about there daddy and a sister that died from complications related to a life long battle with heroin.

So I feel the absolute need and right to respond and let the truth be known.

I am pretty sure this response will meet nowhere near the publicity that my suspension did and that this response is tantamount to career suicide.
But I feel for my sons my sister and rest of my family... you the Wwe universe have the right to the know the truth over my suspension and what it was for.

I will also quote my Dr in my response as he was as shocked and appalled by this suspension.

I can say right now I did not do anything knowingly wrong and was taking prescribed medication that my Dr and I followed all the correct protocol on.

My actual response and Doctors response will be coming soon. So before you judge, know the facts.

My family and I are still collecting ourselves from this blow. I have zero anger or animosity against the WWE. But feel the administrators over the WWE Welnness policy were just simply not right in taking this action.

But I feel facts are the facts and my family and I will will be the ones putting our lives back together after this mess.

My response will be up soon along with my Doctors.

...is Baron Corbin going to even make the PPV? They already have like 6 matches for Payback set. I guess Corbin's gonna squash Ziggler or something...

They should have it set up like Rocky 4 Creed Vs Drago

Ziggler to take it lightly, Laughing having fun on the way to the ring.............Then the bell rings and things get serious, And the announcers actually do their fucking job instead of talking nonsense.

It could be something special. Like what is happening, it should be a squash, and it should leave Ziggler in a bad way.

But they will never do anything that cool.Because the bookers suck, the agents suck, the writers suck, and the announcers are some of the worst at any point in the history of wrestling.

Sephzilla

I want Corbin to squash the piss out of Ziggler and then, right in the middle of the ring, scream "NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY YOU'RE NOT HBK" over his body.

Top Bottom