• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Sephzilla

Today I'm learning that people think a $500 console will give them 4K games when video cards at higher prices still can't do it solidly

zgMXMHB.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SmackDown spoilers (don't lie you don't watch SmackDown) - Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose try to come up with a cool tag team name:

https://streamable.com/trad

I'm not sure I understand Zayn's objection there lol

Boo Fihn Cena! Boo!
The only good that can come of him is the bandwagoners over at wreddit refinding their Cena hate after he beats NXT Cena 3 months in a row.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Actual swearing has always turned me off of indie promos. There's just something about, say, Steen telling the fans to fuck themselves that's off-putting to me. I guess its the fact that it makes its very clear its dudes fake fighting for the benefit of 30+ year manchildren that just makes the whole thing seem way more pathetic.

Speaking of random Generico promos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI&feature=youtu.be

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today I'm learning that people like a $500 console will give them 4K games when video cards at higher prices still can't do it solidly

zgMXMHB.gif
I don't understand how any of this is a good idea with the policies they have in place. Hamstrings developers, there appears to be no actual value, I don't know. To pull a Meltzerism, I just don't know. Things can change, because right now, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But who knows. Plans change.

Current fave five

Well, it's Meiko Satomura week here, so I'll give you one guess who is topping the list.

Meiko Satomura
The Monster Matanza Cueto
Shinsuke Nakamura
Yuji Okabayashi
Will Ospreay

Fave Five:

. Tetsuya Naito
. Zack Sabre Jr.
. Tommy End
. Katsuyori Shibata
. Will Ospreay

I don't understand how any of this is a good idea with the policies they have in place. Hamstrings developers, there appears to be no actual value, I don't know. To pull a Meltzerism, I just don't know. Things can change, because right now, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But who knows. Plans change.

Who the fuck is it aimed at, that's what I want to know. You won't get most users upgrading without some sort of trade-in for money off program and you won't get casuals buying an expensive-ass console that runs the same games as a cheaper console, but they look better if you've got an expensive-ass TV most people don't have or don't want.

Kurita

Actual swearing has always turned me off of indie promos. There's just something about, say, Steen telling the fans to fuck themselves that's off-putting to me. I guess its the fact that it makes its very clear its dudes fake fighting for the benefit of 30+ year manchildren that just makes the whole thing seem way more pathetic.

Speaking of random Generico promos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI&feature=youtu.be

El Generico and Cabana together are gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWpgJkr4XQ

Sephzilla

Who the fuck is it aimed at, that's what I want to know. You won't get most users upgrading without some sort of trade-in for money off program and you won't get casuals buying an expensive-ass console that runs the same games as a cheaper console, but they look better if you've got an expensive-ass TV most people don't have or don't want.

I think Sony and Microsoft are both jumping on the 4K bandwagon too damn early. 4K gaming isn't even a solid thing in PC gaming yet and the offerings for 4K movies and streaming are still limited as fuck. I don't get who this is meant to appeal to either, the people with 4K TVs maybe? But those people will probably regret buying a PS4K because they'll quickly realize that the only PS4K games that will actually hit 4K are probably going to be graphically simple indie games while big budget shit like Uncharted isn't going to get anywhere close to that. And developers aren't going to embrace the thing right away because they're going to be focused on the already established and large XB1 and PS4 install bases.

I could be wrong but man the product feels like it has bust written all over it.

Anth0ny

Today I'm learning that people think a $500 console will give them 4K games when video cards at higher prices still can't do it solidly

zgMXMHB.gif

it feels and sounds and looks like 3ds -> new 3ds difference between ps4 and ps4k

I have zero desire to buy this thing if the increase in performance for games is going to be so minimal. I also have a gaming PC, but even if I didn't... no chance I'd buy this shit.

Kaladin

On the topic of PS4 4K

It's also debatable if 4k TVs look any noticeably better than their 1080p counterparts at the sizes most consumers will be buying sets.

Kaladin

Intention is important. Remember, so far the media and forum users have clung onto the whole 4K business. What we know is that the newer GPU can help upscale to 4K but we dont know if that is the intention. I think Sony is smarter than to roll dice on a mid upgrade for a small 4K limited user base.

Yeah, it would be even riskier than Nintendo releasing the New 3DS.

Raw64life

I'm already annoyed that I can't just make a one time purchase and get all the content a game has to offer on a disc anymore. Now my games won't run or look as good either unless I buy hardware DLC. No thanks.

imBask

Banned
if the messaging isn't perfect, both Sony and MS could fuck up so bad at E3 this year

perfect time for Nintendo to swoop in and steal the show

Believe

if the messaging isn't perfect, both Sony and MS could fuck up so bad at E3 this year

perfect time for Nintendo to swoop in and steal the show

Believe

Serious. All Nintendo needs to do is release a console free of gimmicky bullshit and with the power to keep up (or overtake) the current gen consoles and I'm on board. There's no way I'll buy a PS4K as well, unless Sony themselves have a reasonable upgrade plan.

Angry Grimace

I think Sony and Microsoft are both jumping on the 4K bandwagon too damn early. 4K gaming isn't even a solid thing in PC gaming yet and the offerings for 4K movies and streaming are still limited as fuck. I don't get who this is meant to appeal to either, the people with 4K TVs maybe? But those people will probably regret buying a PS4K because they'll quickly realize that the only PS4K games that will actually hit 4K are probably going to be graphically simple indie games while big budget shit like Uncharted isn't going to get anywhere close to that. And developers aren't going to embrace the thing right away because they're going to be focused on the already established and large XB1 and PS4 install bases.

I could be wrong but man the product feels like it has bust written all over it.

I guess I'm out of the loop a bit but I feel like 4K gaming is a generation off and upping the specs of current gen a little bit isn't going to get you to the Witcher 3 on Ultra in 4K. My guess is that nobody will actually develop shit for the 4K versions and they'll just be an oddity nobody really cares about. There've been a lot of these gimmicky console variants and they never seem like they're adopted much.

Kaladin

If I end up getting a 4k TV by the end of the year which could be likely, I might be tempted by a PS4K console to have a second PS4, but only then.

I wouldn't upgrade my current PS4 to one of the new ones.

Sephzilla

Serious. All Nintendo needs to do is release a console free of gimmicky bullshit and with the power to keep up (or overtake) the current gen consoles and I'm on board. There's no way I'll buy a PS4K as well, unless Sony themselves have a reasonable upgrade plan.

Nintendo releasing a gimmick free console

JfsCmO4.gif

Nintendo doesn't know how to get over anymore without some smoke and mirrors gimmicks

I guess I'm out of the loop a bit but I feel like 4K gaming is a generation off and upping the specs of current gen a little bit isn't going to get you to the Witcher 3 on Ultra in 4K. My guess is that nobody will actually develop shit for the 4K versions and they'll just be an oddity nobody really cares about. There've been a lot of these gimmicky console variants and they never seem like they're adopted much.

The reason you feel like 4K gaming is a generation off is because it actually is a generation off

Top Bottom