• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Anth0ny

Skip the long extremely annoying intros and only listen to the interviews that interest you.

Horrible podcast, but some great interviews.

is there like a youtube account that takes all of the podcast one podcasts and chops out all the sponsors and bullshit surrounding the actually good interviews?

that would be sweet

had to stop listening to all those podcasts because i couldn't take it anymore

Kuroyume

Banned
I've heard a few of Jericho's podcasts. The one he did with Konnan was pretty cool. Nice to hear their opinions regarding WCW stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
200x200px-ZC-54ebd191_KofiKingstonDisgusted.gif

The WORST

Browny

Banned
I listened for a couple of episodes, but just couldn't get past his shit. And coincidentally, I now have space in my podcast-listening-schedule, and I still won't be subscribing again.

I like Jericho's podcast and he generally gets good interviews

Admittedly I skip the intro/ads but I do the same thing with Austin's (unless he's talking something interesting, besides one of his reality shows)

I will say a couple of Jericho's sponsor transitions have been awkward. He records them afterwards but it sounds like he's saying it to them at first....in the Charlotte one he did a transition like "alright I want to hear all about her start in the NXT and the death of her brother Reid but FIRST" and it was like yikes

She also said on the podcast that she popped one of her implants early in NXT which just sounds like the worst thing ever

Er, not sure what match you are talking about but apparently its the same type of thing that Mick Foley talked about in his book, Basically Nigerian military higher ups would pay to bring over wrestlers, have them either beat the hell out of each other or have one of the military brass beat them up, with tons of blood involved. They would then tape this stuff and use it as footage to extort people (look what we can do to you!) or for some bizarre entertainment factor because there was never any actual people at these shows, maybe one or two military officers.

Anyway one time Gallows goes over with a few indie buddies, via a liason who used to work for the WWWF. They get to Nigeria, wait around for a week, have one night of matches at 2am or something, make no money. Then the liason says "The General wants to see you fight". So they get a flight to where the General is, Gallows takes one of the indie dudes with him to "be a ref" (he doesn't want to go alone basically). So they have a terrible match, both are told to get color, they do.

They are on a very tight schedule to try and get back to Lagos to catch a flight to America. So when they try and get to Lagos, this liason guy tells them he has no money and can't fly them back. Gallows uses his credit card to fly back, turns out the liason guy is in first class of the same flight lol.. Gallows gets really pissed at him, corners him but ends up with a bunch of guns pointed in his face.

Gallows has to go get the other indie guy who they left behind in Lagos from the hotel - he's been robbed of all his money because the liason didn't pay for that either and the staff made him hand over all his cash by gunpoint. Of course they get to the airport to get home and they don't have any tickets, Gallows gets out the credit card again. When he gets home he gets a call from the State Department saying that they heard what had happened and to never go to Nigeria again, saying how corrupt and dangerous it is,
It was the Uti match, thank you for the write up.

I highly recommend this recommend you listen to the Art of Wrestling podcast with Domino telling his trip to Nigeria if you haven't already.
Is it free? If so, I'll listen to it tonight.

klonere

Banned
How to listen to podcasts with ads:

1) Download the podcast*
2) Listen
3) When ads start, use the fast forward functionality of the podcast app you are using
4) Enjoy ad free listening

It's that easy, now use my promo code STEVE for a free trial. That's S T E V E at notgambling.com

*please make sure the podcast is of interest to you in the first place

Kaladin

I've started listening to podcasts again and I actually enjoy that we have all these legit wrestling podcasts now. So far Stone Cold, JR and Jericho have had good episodes that I have listened to.

imBask

Banned
How to listen to podcasts with ads:

1) Download the podcast*
2) Listen
3) When ads start, use the fast forward functionality of the podcast app you are using
4) Enjoy ad free listening

It's that easy, now use my promo code STEVE for a free trial. That's S T E V E at notgambling.com

*please make sure the podcast is of interest to you in the first place

he's not worst the time investment

Mahonay

Banned
Oh my.

Yeah, generally I skip the intros/ads on Austin's podcasts and generally listen to the interviews that interest me. Say what you will about X-Pac and Big Show in regards to their talent and production, listening to them talk about the business is fantastic. Shame X-Pac Skyped into his interview since that hurts the audio quality so damn much.
Big Show is legit one of the best people on commentary whenever WWE have him guest commentate during a match. Guy is great to listen to.

Also Sean Waltman always gives great interviews because he's honest as fuck and has pretty good memory (somehow). If you search I believe there are several Waltman interviews on the Steve Austin podcast.

klonere

Banned
I hope Stone Cold never talks to Ted Fowler 361 on the twitter machine again gah-dangit.

Instant skip every time.

BTW the secret best Raw recap show is Shake Them Ropes but it bizarrely enough comes out two days after Raw.

bjork

Any time I've heard bits of a wrestling podcast, the guests are good but the hosts seem off somehow. Even when it's two dudes who worked together and they're shooting the shit, it's like as a host, they're on some kind of leash or something. It's hard to put my finger on. Mind you, this is from a total of maybe 5 podcasts ever and I think 2 of those were with some guy interviewing dudes while Flair was drunk as shit, so.

Mahonay

Banned
I hope Stone Cold never talks to Ted Fowler 361 on the twitter machine again gah-dangit.

Instant skip every time.

BTW the secret best Raw recap show is Shake Them Ropes but it bizarrely enough comes out two days after Raw.
Ugh Ted Fowler is the worst. It turns into an hour of redneck radio. It's cool that you have a best friend but fuck it's awful content. Instant skip for me too.

Zach

Instant skip every time.

I made the mistake of listening to one of his podcasts with Ted Fowler because the description said they talked about something interesting (I don't remember what... probably WCW-related >_>). And I ended up really turned off because they talked about gun rights and shooting people and the death penalty and it was just ugliness. It was right after the San Bernardino shooting, I believe. Not a fun time.

Ugh Ted Fowler is the worst. It turns into an hour of redneck radio. It's cool that you have a best friend but fuck it's awful content. Instant skip for me too.

See?

Zach

Definitely not worse than Flair's.

Yeah, I only listen to Flair's if it's a really good guest. Flair sometimes brings the cringe, of course, but that co-host... oh my god, kill me.

But still, I'm subscribed to JR, Stone Cold, Flair, that Colt Cabana dude (very rarely listen, but whatevs), and The Lapsed Fan.

I delete a lot of stuff, but it's still fun when there's something I'm interested in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Chyna

Gone too soon. Wish things could have turned around before she passed.
Same here. Unfortunately she was a spectacle, and only some of that was her own doing. Nowhere near what she deserved.

klonere

Banned
Conor McGregor is the greatest promoter on earth.

I made the mistake of listening to one of his podcasts with Ted Fowler because the description said they talked about something interesting (I don't remember what... probably WCW-related >_>). And I ended up really turned off because they talked about gun rights and shooting people and the death penalty and it was just ugliness. It was right after the San Bernardino shooting, I believe. Not a fun time.

See?

Yup, total trashy nonsense.

Browny

Banned
Talking of pods, I've just finished up on the Attitude Era Podcast, and now I'm a little sad. I do hope they move onto something else.

bjork

He's 100 percent convinced that he's still cool and it's super painful to watch unfold.

At least I can enjoy him as a heel right now on RAW.

He's the wrestling version of that bald dude that used to be on Bowflex commercials on Raw. "I'm 49 and I play in a band" and he looked like Ben Kingsley if you cloned him but the machine got knocked over during the process.

Mahonay

Banned
He's the wrestling version of that bald dude that used to be on Bowflex commercials on Raw. "I'm 49 and I play in a band" and he looked like Ben Kingsley if you cloned him but the machine got knocked over during the process.
giphy.gif

They did say they'd do something, but didn't confirm exactly what (whether it would be more AE retrospectives or what). Not sure how well they'd cope with the non-gimmicky stuff from 2002 onwards...
Okay I remember now that they straight up said they're not doing Ruthless Aggression Era because it would be boring, lol. So you don't have to worry about that.

Zach

Tell me about this Attitude Era podcast. What do they do? And should I be concerned if I think the Attitude Era is trash?

Mahonay

Banned
Tell me about this Attitude Era podcast. What do they do? And should I be concerned if I think the Attitude Era is trash?
They go in having fond memories of it and discover a lot of the PPVs were pretty trash but they do get really good eventually. One of them missed out on a lot of that period of wrestling and is seeing much of what they are watching for the first time.

One of my favorite podcasts. Very worth listening to.

Gaf has some kind if irrational hatred of Jericho. The podcast is good depending on the guest.
He's just really fucking annoying and crass on the podcast. I don't know what else to tell you.

I love his heel work on WWE right now. I detach real Jericho with wrestling Jericho at this point.

bjork

Gaf has some kind if irrational hatred of Jericho. The podcast is good depending on the guest.

I don't hate the guy, he had some good moments and can still do a decent match now. But it's like Backlund in 1993. Yeah, you can still go, but should you?

Sephzilla

Jericho is one of those guys who was always pretty good but I never felt he really hit the "great" tier. Like, he was always below Rock, Austin, HHH, Sting, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Angle, and Eddie in my opinion. I kind of feel like his legacy is inflated (as is his ego) because he simply managed to stick around longer and because he was one of the first big defectors from WCW to WWF

Zach

They go in having fond memories of it and discover a lot of the PPVs were pretty trash but they do get really good eventually. One of them missed out on a lot of that period of wrestling and is seeing much of what they are watching for the first time.

One of my favorite podcasts. Very worth listening to.

How would you say they compare to the OSW Review and Lapsed Fan guys? They're generally likeable, normal-ish dudes.

Browny

Banned

Mahoney covered it perfectly. I will add that the main guy does do some humorous impressions...

How would you say they compare to the OSW Review and Lapsed Fan guys? They're generally likeable, normal-ish dudes.

I've listened to OSW, and it's a very similar setup. Well worth it, imo.

Top Bottom