• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

dream

It's just that when you feel someone's pain(if you know her story) it touches you,like an angel . It's sad and yeah she didn't make the best decisions but she dealt with life the only way she could 😦. Just last week, I was listening to these guys rag on her for showing up at Piper's funeral trying to tell Hunter she was sorry and possibly start a scene but now, it'll be her funeral someone attends. It sucks.

I guess for me, the lasting memory of Chyna will always be Queen of the Ring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I keep expecting Apollo Crews to say something kind of crazy like Wayne Brady in that Chappelle's Show skit.

20160420lu_3_1.gif

20160420lu_3_2.gif

dream

How could they possibly induct her when she publicly called HHH a pedophile, and has clips of her taking it in the bum by a "Mean" Gene Okerlund impersonator?

There have been stories of Sean abusing her. That'd be the only thing near as disrespectful as HHH or Steph inducting her
I know I've heard Chyna mention stories of him doing terrible things to her, are they true? Idk and I'm not going to go into it but he's defended himself saying he didn't do anything(of course, not many will admit to doing it.). Idk. But just give her what she wanted, she can't deny want she did for women in the wwe. It's not like she killed, rape, or beat a woman. It's just adult entertainment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/723019592570929152

Steph Tweeted

I just heard the tragic news that @ChynaJoanLaurer has passed. She was truly a pioneer in our industry, and she will be missed. #RIPChyna

dream

I know I've heard Chyna mention stories of him doing terrible things to her, are they true? Idk and I'm not going to go into it but he's defended himself saying he didn't do anything(of course, not many will admit to doing it.). Idk. But just give her what she wanted, she can't deny want she did for women in the wwe. It's not like she killed, rape, or beat a woman. It's just adult entertainment.

I dunno blue, what did she really do for women in WWE? It's not like she changed the perception of women's wrestling, or ushered in a wave of intergender stuff.

I dunno blue, what did she really do for women in WWE? It's not like she changed the perception of women's wrestling, or ushered in a wave of intergender stuff.
I'd say she really showed that the girls can hang with the boys(in wwe at least but Jacqueline was showing that elsewhere). She was the first woman to capture a male title and she made being tough for a woman good.

dream

I'd say she really showed that the girls can hang with the boys(in wwe at least but Jacqueline was showing that elsewhere). She was the first woman to capture a male title and she made being tough for a woman good.

But was there any momentum with any of that? And even her IC run was basically treated as a joke, borne out of necessity when Jeff Jarrett held up the company.

Strax

She is by far the most known female wrestler of all time. Nobody has come close to her in that regard.

Syder

Man, sucks about Chyna. I was just going through her twitter the other day to see how she was getting on. Seems like, if the rumours are true, an overdose is just one of those things that could have happened to her a long time ago, things didn't seem especially bad right now but she was an habitual hardcore drug user.

I think she'll be remembered fondly by old wrestling fans because she around during the Attitude Era so it's just a shame that it seems like she'll never get Hall of Fame recognition.

RIP.

jred2k

Yeah as much as she was made to look legitimate on screen, she was never actually seen as anything more than a sideshow. People always talk about wrestling being carny and "Come see the freakishly strong woman!" is about as carnival as it gets. If she really changed perceptions, we wouldn't just barely be getting women's wrestling focused on now.

FyreWulff

But was there any momentum with any of that? And even her IC run was basically treated as a joke, borne out of necessity when Jeff Jarrett held up the company.

I think momentum didn't happen because Kevin Dunn had basically killed the women's division so hard that there wasn't a deep enough women's roster to really go anywhere. Chyna did what she could with what was available in WWE at the time.

I think Vince tried to legitimize the women with Chyna and even though her winning the IC title was a joke, it's still a big deal imo.

Strax

I would argue that Sable was better known.

As a person that only watched WCW and wasn't able to see WWF and stopped watching wrestling in 2000 and started watching it again in 2011 I had never heard about Sable until someone mention her being married to Brock Lesner.

But I knew who Chyna was and my friends that have never watched wrestling know who she is.

Of course its just me and the people around me but I think it speaks volumes.

Adree

It'd probably be easier to make a list of the genuinely good people from that era then try to find out which ones were bad.

Chyna was pretty much gabro in the ring and at least IMO didn't really do much for actual women's wrestling but I can't deny she was really popular for a time. Anything WWE does should look bad on them after trying to hard to pretend she never existed or at least downplay her time with the company and their pettiness, granted it was probably made easier by Chyna's meltdowns and allegations. Sucks she never really got the help she clearly needed since she left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Late
least
fave five

1. Finn Balor
2. Kenny Omega
3, Hiroki Goto
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Naomichi Marufuji

Congratulations? to Okada and Marufuji for getting out horribled by three other prime garbage tv changers.

Striker

Such a bummer about Chyna. Triple H and Stephanie fucked her over and ever since she left the company she always seemingly has been not-so-good. That's a shame.

Kaladin

I am very curious about the cause of death with Chyna.

By all accounts she seemed healthy and this was very sudden. I mean, at least I hadn't heard anything recently about her.

According to TMZ it's looking like an overdose.

Sad man, just sad.

Adree

On a lighter note, Killer Instinct on PC is a hell of a game. Shadow Lab is a good multiplayer substitute until I feel confident enough to fight real people.

I am very curious about the cause of death with Chyna.

By all accounts she seemed healthy and this was very sudden. I mean, at least I hadn't heard anything recently about her.

According to TMZ it's looking like an overdose.

Sad man, just sad.

DUDE watch her latest video on her own YT page a few days ago. She was not in a good place at all. Just a tragedy all around.

Top Bottom