• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Mahonay

Banned
Jericho is one of those guys who was always pretty good but I never felt he really hit the "great" tier. Like, he was always below Rock, Austin, HHH, Sting, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Angle, and Eddie in my opinion
WCW heel Jericho was absolutely great. Easily one of my favorite heels of all time.
How would you say they compare to the OSW Review and Lapsed Fan guys? They're generally likeable, normal-ish dudes.
If you like OSW you'll definitely like Attitude Era Podcast. They are pretty comparable.

Zach

Mahoney covered it perfectly. I will add that the main guy does do some humorous impressions...

You listened to The Lapsed Fan? There are many impressions there, most notably a very entertaining Vince McMahon...

I've listened to OSW, and it's a very similar setup. Well worth it, imo.

The last thing I need right now is another wrasslin' podcast, buuut I'll probably dabble.

Mahonay

Banned
You listened to The Lapsed Fan? There are many impressions there, most notably a very entertaining Vince McMahon...

The last thing I need right now is another wrasslin' podcast, buuut I'll probably dabble.
Lol they don't touch anything that The Lapsed Fan does with impressions because holy fuck those are the greatest things ever.

The impressions on Attitude Era are more along the lines of "so cartoonishly bad it's good" kind of thing.

Tell me about this Attitude Era podcast. What do they do? And should I be concerned if I think the Attitude Era is trash?

CTSOTi_WIAAmysr.png:large

A+ podcast.

Browny

Banned
Lapsed Fan is probably going on my subscription - so long as I can find the time. Isn't it really long?

The good thing with AE is that it's between an hour and 1 1/2, so about 3 commutes in the car. They are well spoken and critique it pretty well - they don't pull any punches, appreciate the gimmickry and shitness, and most of all enjoy it.

Gurrry

Watching NXT - not sure about no way jose. Hes got charisma, but def needs some better offense than that. Hopefully he keeps developing and doesnt become the new adam rose/fandango.

If he improves that, he will get over for sure in NXT.

Zach

WCW heel Jericho was absolutely great. Easily one of my favorite heels of all time.

Oh, he's incredible in WCW. So, so incredible.

That being said, I don't know if I buy him as a world champeen, like, ever. I see him more as a perennial upper mid-card champ.

I look forward to his Undisputed Championship run, to see if he wins me over as a top guy. I don't remember much about it.

Sephzilla

I'm also going to throw this out there - in my opinion Jericho sticking around for so long has hurt his overall legacy. WWE will try to inflate it by saying that he's a veteran who's been around for XX years. But to an entire generation of wrestling fans he's known as that Bon Jovi clone who makes dramatic returns every 7 months and seems like a dad having a mid-life crisis.

Mahonay

Banned
Lapsed Fan is probably going on my subscription - so long as I can find the time. Isn't it really long?

The good thing with AE is that it's between an hour and 1 1/2, so about 3 commutes in the car. They are well spoken and critique it pretty well - they don't pull any punches, appreciate the gimmickry and shitness, and most of all enjoy it.
Lapsed Fan is like an average of 4 or 5 hours. And the latest episodes have been released in two parts, both around 4 hours. So yes, it's long. But they are really god damn good.

Zach

CTSOTi_WIAAmysr.png:large

A+ podcast.

I'm confused.

Yeah, they're long. But it's fun to just pop on while making dinner, or in the car, or while mowing, etc. etc.

Oh, he's incredible in WCW. So, so incredible.

That being said, I don't know if I buy him as a world champeen, like, ever. I see him more as a perennial upper mid-card champ.

I look forward to his Undisputed Championship run, to see if he wins me over as a top guy. I don't remember much about it.
Jericho didn't get the run he deserved until 08 tbh. His Undisputed run was overshadowed by bullshit. I think when he won and they took it away, that was when he needed it.

Sephzilla

Jericho didn't get the run he deserved until 08 tbh. His Undisputed run was overshadowed by bullshit. I think when he won and they took it away, that was when he needed it.

That pop when Jericho pinned HHH was amazing, and yeah in hindsight that was when they should have pulled the trigger on Jericho being champ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao Meltzer trying to ask Tom Lawlor's opinion on what its like to take "supplements" and dude obviously does not want to say shit about it.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm also going to throw this out there - in my opinion Jericho sticking around for so long has hurt his overall legacy. WWE will try to inflate it by saying that he's a veteran who's been around for XX years. But to an entire generation of wrestling fans he's known as that Bon Jovi clone who makes dramatic returns every 7 months and seems like a dad having a mid-life crisis.
No lies detected.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Legacy is totally meaningless in reality (and I'm sure Jericho knows this) and he's doing a good job playing a role they need really fucking badly.

Kaladin

I don't know how I feel about Triple H's tweet on Chyna.

Someone who wasn't afraid to blaze her own trail & create a path for those who would follow. A pioneer whose star shined bright. #RIPChyna
8:41 AM - 21 Apr 2016

I mean, respect for the dead and all, but that is a full 180 from the last time he spoke about her.

I hope Stone Cold never talks to Ted Fowler 361 on the twitter machine again gah-dangit.

Instant skip every time.

BTW the secret best Raw recap show is Shake Them Ropes but it bizarrely enough comes out two days after Raw.

I can't stand the Austin podcast. It's 20 minutes of shilling, then a ton of him dropping names all over. During the Enzo and Cass when he was talking about dinner with Nash I just kept thinking "SHUT UP". He also would interject with the dumbest shit at times while they were telling a story and derail the story. It can be so hit or miss.

Striker

They had it setup really good with Jericho, Austin and Rock. Even sort of portrayed it a bit of a fluke but he continually got the better of The Rock. Then Triple H came back, became a third wheel as the Undisputed champ, and lost like a goober. It was awful. As bad as the Booker T feud.

klonere

Banned
I've just read his statement... fucking hell.

"I've been running through the hoops for you and you are making all the money off me, when you KNOW you should be giving me more. Fuck you, I don't care about anything but beating people up and from now on I'm going to do what I like. Pay me".

Sounds REALLY familiar.

Browny

Banned
"I've been running through the hoops for you and you are making all the money off me, when you KNOW you should be giving me more. Fuck you, I don't care about anything but beating people up and from now on I'm going to do what I like. Pay me".

Sounds REALLY familiar.

Weirdly, I was reading Stone Cold's Wiki page on his post-WM 18 walkout just earlier...

Anth0ny

Attitude Era podcast is really good. worth a listen.

Lapsed Fan is still the GOAT, though. don't be put off by the length... you don't need to listen to them in one sitting. it sometimes takes me weeks to listen to one episode, and I listen during work, during gym, at home... it's all worth it.

I'm like 40 and can't tell you the last time I heard anything related to Bon Jovi. You're just some sick, Bon Jovi-loving weirdo, Sephzilla.

I'm from New Jersey and could not give a rats ass about Bon Jovi. The only time you hear about him in this state is because of random one off things.

If you were a champion in WWE, how would you bring your belt down to the ring?

The classic, around the waist look?

Over the shoulder with a nice, firm grip?

Or, let me just carry down to the ring?

For me, definitely around the waist. It is a belt after all!
Mix of shoulder and
11237%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20over_the_edge%20smoking_skull_belt%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wwf.gif

Zach

I was wondering who would be the first joker to post someone wearing the belt backwards or around their neck. Did not expect it in someone's mouth.

Top Bottom