• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Play time's over, sit down and shut up. Later on tonight, there's gonna be a match for the tag team titles between the Acolytes and X-Pac & Kane, whatever whatever, it's not important. The fact of the matter is, this Sunday at Summerslam the winner of that match will come face to face with this. And to make sure that my man was right, this week I put him to the test.

I had Paul Bearer call out to California - San Fernando Valley to some associates of ours at the Local 81 - Paul said we're gonna need two bikes for a ride in the desert. The guy said 'Brother Paul, now we know that the Dead Man can handle it, but I don't know about the Big Show. It's August, it's 120 degrees in the middle of Death Valley.' He says 'the only things that survive in the desert are the cold-blooded...the snakes and the lizards.

' Paul said 'that's all right, and in one of those bikes that you're setting up for us, I want you the Big Show to only have enough gas to get to the middle of the desert and not get back.' So we're on our way - we get to the middle of Death Valley - 120 degrees, the Big Show's bike runs out of gas.

And I pull up next to him and I ask him this question: 'It's 120 degrees, how are you gonna survive?' He looks me straight in the eyes, without hesitation, he says 'I'm gonna wait 'til you go to sleep,

I'm gonna stab you in the back, I'm gonna cut your flesh off, make a coat out of it, and I'm gonna eat YOUR flesh until I find food.' I said 'Good answer big man, but I don't sleep,' and I drove off and left him. I waited on the outskirts of the desert.

Two days later, he walks out with a snake necktie and lizard boots, carryin' his Harley-Davidson on his shoulder. The point of the story is this. What used to be known as SummerSlam will now be known as Armageddon, and whoever shows up...will be hurt.

DMczaf

Edge and Christian's show just gets better each week.

I never knew how much I wanted a wrasslin themed skit show that was full of carny language and backstage references.

Anth0ny

So I'm going to Raw tomorrow night as a filthy casual with my 6 year old son. I'm up a bit, not on the floor but what is the sign etiquette these days? I was going to give a "shout out" to wrasslegaf.

something like this:

7zxTVy0.jpg

Legit Shook? Why isn't that the official site of WrassleGAF? I do believe so.

The best part is, he took 3 minutes to just say something that could've been cut down to 10 seconds.

It really is a thing of beauty. Skipping the gym to go on a bike odyssey. Big Show threatening to kill Taker and Taker just being like "lol no." Then the snakeskin tie. God, Big Show should've worn that attire to SummerSlam Armageddon.

DMczaf

Re-watching Starrcade 1997

I love how they had wrestlers who weren't booked in the crowd to watch the event to make it feel even bigger.

Legit Shook? Why isn't that the official site of WrassleGAF? I do believe so.

It really is a thing of beauty. Skipping the gym to go on a bike odyssey. Big Show threatening to kill Taker and Taker just being like "lol no." Then the snakeskin tie. God, Big Show should've worn that attire to SummerSlam Armageddon.
Maybe he'll wear it, only for Kane to set him on fire.

YES! BULLDOG COMING BACK

Adree

I guess watching so much wrestling has caused me to become incapable of getting mad at some of Game of Thrones plot decisions.

YkTMI0x.gif

Adree

No, you see. Established veteran Jericho HAD to beat AJ at his first Mania. It's the only logical outcome.

I'd bet money that was one of those weird day of decisions that McMahon makes. In all fairness when he did it last year he pushed back the Roman empire a year so it's not always bad.

So I'm going to Raw tomorrow night as a filthy casual with my 6 year old son. I'm up a bit, not on the floor but what is the sign etiquette these days? I was going to give a "shout out" to wrasslegaf.
Just put random plot points from episodes from 1999 without any context. That's really exciting on here.

I just had a thought

What if we're not even in the middle of this wrestler/wrestling personality podcast boom thing

What if we get one with Scott Hall and his ads are him plugging razors

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My least favorite Attitude era theme is pretty shocking because its on one of my favorite wrasslers. Mankind's face theme. It's boring. It replaced a much better theme with a generic beat. The only good part, the hook, is stolen from Razor's theme.

My least favorite Attitude era theme is pretty shocking because its on one of my favorite wrasslers. Mankind's face theme. It's boring. It replaced a much better theme with a generic beat. The only good part, the hook, is stolen from Razor's theme.
A mind blown moment, I read that Austin's song is the same as Razor's. And I agree "ode etc etc" is better thab "car wreck".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's all these great movies out there that I've never seen. I'll never have the time to see them all.

but today I rewatched Ready To Rumble instead.

Browny

Banned
Play time's over, sit down and shut up. Later on tonight, there's gonna be a match for the tag team titles between the Acolytes and X-Pac & Kane, whatever whatever, it's not important. The fact of the matter is, this Sunday at Summerslam the winner of that match will come face to face with this. And to make sure that my man was right, this week I put him to the test.

I had Paul Bearer call out to California - San Fernando Valley to some associates of ours at the Local 81 - Paul said we're gonna need two bikes for a ride in the desert. The guy said 'Brother Paul, now we know that the Dead Man can handle it, but I don't know about the Big Show. It's August, it's 120 degrees in the middle of Death Valley.' He says 'the only things that survive in the desert are the cold-blooded...the snakes and the lizards.

' Paul said 'that's all right, and in one of those bikes that you're setting up for us, I want you the Big Show to only have enough gas to get to the middle of the desert and not get back.' So we're on our way - we get to the middle of Death Valley - 120 degrees, the Big Show's bike runs out of gas.

And I pull up next to him and I ask him this question: 'It's 120 degrees, how are you gonna survive?' He looks me straight in the eyes, without hesitation, he says 'I'm gonna wait 'til you go to sleep,

I'm gonna stab you in the back, I'm gonna cut your flesh off, make a coat out of it, and I'm gonna eat YOUR flesh until I find food.' I said 'Good answer big man, but I don't sleep,' and I drove off and left him. I waited on the outskirts of the desert.

Two days later, he walks out with a snake necktie and lizard boots, carryin' his Harley-Davidson on his shoulder. The point of the story is this. What used to be known as SummerSlam will now be known as Armageddon, and whoever shows up...will be hurt.
<3

Adree

There's all these great movies out there that I've never seen. I'll never have the time to see them all.

but today I rewatched Ready To Rumble instead.

I watched it with a podcast commentary track last year.. it's certainly a thing. I think the most fun thing is knowing that it took so long to come out that WCW was well into it's demise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if Shane got enough social media support to control Raw this week. Vince must be carefully monitoring the Facesbook and MySpace.

Teeth

am i on tumblr

EDIT: Dammit, top of page.

So here's a question: why don't we see more wrestlers change their theme music anymore?

Even the damn New Day still use their wildly out of character song still.

am i on tumblr

So here's a question: why don't we see more wrestlers change their theme music anymore?

New day could come out to Doink The Clown's heel theme and still do what they're doing. I guess they don't feel it's necessary.

FyreWulff

am i on tumblr

I've noticed that, I think a lot of it is there's so much WWE tv now that they basically burn that theme into people's minds as the only theme.

Look at when Cena came out to the Word Life theme in his Rock fued. The kids literally did not know it was Cena until he was out on the ramp because they only recognize him from the BRRRRRRRRRRAPPPODOOOO

Adree

am i on tumblr

The New Day music works because it's mostly a beat that they can clap to and the vocal part is low enough that they can just talk over it.

Results of the two British qualifiers for the Global Crusierweight Series held at PROGRESS today;

Zack Sabre Jr. submitted 'Flash' Morgan Webster with a seated double-arm lever
Jack Gallagher submitted Pete Dunne with a kneebar

Unfortunately seems that
Webster
was injured, he tore ligaments in an ankle and one of his shoulders was dislocated. Deserves a ton of credit, as I certainly didn't realise he was legitimately injured.

Boots, what the fuck is with this name change? Unacceptable. You'll always be Boots to me.

Kinda disappointed Pete didn't get through, I still don't see what Gallagher brings that Zack doesn't. I really don't want people thinking the British scene is just a bunch of grapple fuckers, especially in a Crusierweight tournament.

Browny

Banned
Is tonight the night?

Is tonight the night?

Is tonight the night?

Yes, tonight is the night
I continue to play Dragon Age Inquisition. I should not have picked such a grindy game as my first for 6 months.

Edit: I think Matt's trying for that Liberace look...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tonight is never the night.

Maybe next week.

Next week is not the night.

Tonight's probably not the night; next week is the night where they explain why Extreme Rules will have the same card as Payback, except the matches have weapons.

Yes, tonight is the night
I continue to play Dragon Age Inquisition. I should not have picked such a grindy game as my first for 6 months.

Edit: I think Matt's trying for that Liberace look...

DA:I feels super dated after playing the Witcher 3, imo.

Top Bottom