• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

miserable

pedigree1eqk1t.gif

Zach

Fun fact: I was in Texas for NXT TakeOver and called Blackaroni out but he didn't show, just like that coward Vince McMahon at Slamboree '98.

I won via count-out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: I was in Texas for NXT TakeOver and called Blackaroni out but he didn't show, just like that coward Vince McMahon at Slamboree '98.

I won via count-out.

If you keep trying to meet people and they mysteriously don't meet up with you...

Perhaps it isn't the people who are the problem, if you smell with the Landis is cookin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Summerslam 98 is a C? That was probably one of the best PPVs during the Attitude Era. I'd say at least a B+ for the HHH/Rock ladder match alone.

The Attitude Era doesn't hold up well to, well, everything. It's the low point of wrestling for wrestling fans. I can see the C.

Kurita

I tried watching some Attitude Era a while ago. I didn't grow up with it and I have to admit that it wasn't really fun to watch.

Gurrry

Watched Raw. Although the show was good and had a storyline that evolved throughout all 3 hours... I still have some issues with some things.

For one, I will admit it. I didnt know shit about Gallows and Anderson prior to WWE. I had heard of their names, but never seen a single match.

Their match with the Usos was horrible. It reminded me of a boring ass Sheamus match or any other stale boring workers. Obviously that might be because theyre working with the shitty Usos, but I still didnt see anything that impressive.

Ill also say that their gear and intro music was horrible. They looked like some wanna be ascension shitty Halloween costumes, but in white and black. Their song also sucked. Compared to some of the newer intro songs that guys are getting that are fire (AJ, Nakamura) this song sounds like it came out of a puddle of mud cover band from 2000.

Secondly, either the WWE is really about to turn AJ heel and ruin everything, or they are devising the ultimate swerve for Payback and Anderson and Gallows turn on AJ and team up with Roman. If the latter is not the outcome, the WWE truly hasnt learned.

Roman is getting booed to fuck in every single city. Its not the smark cities anymore. Its every single city. Either they really dont give a fuck and will continue to push Roman down our throats, or Payback will finally be the turning point and we will have a true heel Roman.

Zach

If you keep trying to meet people and they mysteriously don't meet up with you...

Perhaps it isn't the people who are the problem, if you smell with the Landis is cookin.

:D

Summerslam 98 is a C? That was probably one of the best PPVs during the Attitude Era. I'd say at least a B+ for the HHH/Rock ladder match alone.

I remember that match being pretty eeehhh. But Triple H rarely impresses. And The Rock is pretty brawl-y, which is only so entertaining for me personally.

Recall

Son and I are playing some 4 way elimination matches on WCW/NWO Revenge, and it's still a fun game and the close near falls make for some thrilling drama (I love that there is a button that lets me release pin fall attempts)

Son has took a huge liking to Booker T though he can't stop Roddy Piper and his sleeper, no matter how hard he tries.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatched Conan the Barbarian last weekend with someone who had never seen it. Magical time, she loved it, but it just reminded me that the best song in the entire soundtrack (which is truly phenomenal on every level) didn't even make the normal soundtrack, but is only in a special deluxe version or the symphonic only one.

This is something to behold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42rUAnufiG4

Also, these motherfuckers are so good
Eq7OQ9k.jpg

And James Earl Jones was MAGIC
DDpFpMX.png

Just had to get that out. What a magnificent movie.

Zach

Son and I are playing some 4 way elimination matches on WCW/NWO Revenge, and it's still a fun game and the close near falls make for some thrilling drama (I love that there is a button that lets me release pin fall attempts)

Son has took a huge liking to Booker T though he can't stop Roddy Piper and his sleeper, no matter how hard he tries.

Awesome. Let's trade sons.

oddjobs

I think they're gearing up for a second go at the brand split.

Just think about the amount of fresh talent (AJ, Zayn, Anderson/Gallows, Crews, Corbin) they've got working right now, the amount of main event (Cena, Orton, Rollins, to a lesser extent Wyatt) players injured and even three ready made stars waiting to come through NXT (Joe, Finn, Shinsuke.)

Add to that they're really not using some of the veterans (Kane & Show) at all right now plus guys like Ziggler, Rusev, Sheamus & Del Rio are basically used as jobbers right now. Tag division also looks the most crowded it's been in ages. Something's got to give, I doubt they're going to cut any of these wrestlers mentioned.

Zach

Brand split?? Are there even enough wrasslers for that? I mean, maybe if they call up everyone from NXT who's worth watching and turn NXT into a true developmental, no-one-wants-to-watch-this-anymore brand.

Top Bottom