• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

Cge6KmqXEAAO02l.jpg:large

I honestly think the second Vince passes away WWE headquarters are moving to Florida or someplace where they can have some real tv studios for both Wrestling and other content.

I mean the Raw Pre-show should be something that is real as well as actual news updates on the network instead of the shit green screen stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember that discussion we had earlier today about Sonic fans vs Mega Man fans? I think Street Fighter fans might need to be entered into the conversation. Buncha marks working themselves into a shoot.

On Gaming-side they're banning folks for talking bad about Street Fighter so I'd watch your step, pal

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got Street Fighter V and I figured I was pretty good since back in the day I'd fuck up all the dudes who put their quarters on the screen to fight me at the arcade but then I played on line and got fucked up repeatedly and realized I suck and everyone at the arcade really sucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got Street Fighter V and I figured I was pretty good since back in the day I'd fuck up all the dudes who put their quarters on the screen to fight me at the arcade but then I played on line and got fucked up repeatedly and realized I suck and everyone at the arcade really sucked.

There's always a point where you're the king of scrubtown and realizing you ain't shit despite your buddies, well, it's shitty. playing fighting games competitively and being legitimately competitive is for people without jobs.

Zach

I honestly think the second Vince passes away WWE headquarters are moving to Florida or someplace where they can have some real tv studios for both Wrestling and other content.

I mean the Raw Pre-show should be something that is real as well as actual news updates on the network instead of the shit green screen stuff.

Not to be a morbid jerkstore, but it's fun to think about WWE post-Vince McMahon. I'm not going to pretend like I know if it'll get better or worse, but it sure will be interesting.

why do people keep using the term buttrock for any theme with a guitar in it

buttrock is a very specific thing

buttrock is cheesy 80s thumping "metal" the likes of generic motley crue stuff
Don't you ever speak bad about the gods of glam. I'll fuck you up son. Actually Vince will lol.

Remember that discussion we had earlier today about Sonic fans vs Mega Man fans? I think Street Fighter fans might need to be entered into the conversation. Buncha marks working themselves into a shoot.
I still can't get into V as a viewer. Maybe by EVO SFV will be great.

E:: Angry Grimace, you can't compare V to Sf2, turbo, CVS or 3strike from based what I've seen

Fox318

Not to be a morbid jerkstore, but it's fun to think about WWE post-Vince McMahon. I'm not going to pretend like I know if it'll get better or worse, but it sure will be interesting.

some of the best stuff Vince ever did was when the company was on shaky grounds.

Right now the company is built to maintain a status quo and not to deviate from that.

Part of the problem is there is no break.

If HHH took control and fired key old voices in production tell me the product wouldn't get more interesting.

Hayes, Dunn, and Cole (and the rest of commentary) are all key voices in story, production/stage design, and storytelling.

Each of them could be out of a job and probably should just for the sake of mixing things up a little.

Who the fuck wants to watch Reigns vs Del Rio. I mean, come on.

Gotta be honest though... Not sure what you could put on in that hour to make it any more interesting.
Battle Royal for #1 contenders spot for next weeks Raw. But not all go in at the same time. Draw for spots

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
some of the best stuff Vince ever did was when the company was on shaky grounds.

Right now the company is built to maintain a status quo and not to deviate from that.

Part of the problem is there is no break.

If HHH took control and fired key old voices in production tell me the product wouldn't get more interesting.

Hayes, Dunn, and Cole (and the rest of commentary) are all key voices in story, production/stage design, and storytelling.

Each of them could be out of a job and probably should just for the sake of mixing things up a little.

I don't know about that, man. The problem with the product is the broad story strokes, not the little things. Sami Zayn only getting a roll-up win over Rusev and not putting over the Helluva Kick enough isn't a big deal even if Bryan Alvarez whines about it.

It's a bigger problem when the entire audience boos your babyface champion and you just pretend he's not getting booed with literally no accompanying story because the guy getting booed isn't talented enough to play it off (this is what Cena does and why Cena acknowledges the boos in storyline). The problem with it is that its short-sighted - if someone tunes into the show, and this happens all of the time, whether a non-fan or a lapsed fan, and sees the guy you are heralding as a big sexy badass hero getting his ass booed and doing a horrible job acting, you make your product look like carny nonsense and limit your ability to grow your audience because the people tuning in think the storyline makes no sense.

It's another big problem when what gets your guys over is personality and connecting with the audience, and you bring up a guys who are 6'5" or have a million dollar smile and big pectoral muscles.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cole is actually in charge of the NXT commentary. He's the guy in their earpieces (the way Vince and Dunn are constantly in the earpieces of Cole and the other commentators on RAW). He's doing an excellent job.

He has the talent (See his early smackdown days). It's the direction Vince is looking for that is lackluster.

Those sunglasses are way better. Cesaro is looking good, he's just got to stifle his goofy/lame side, get a new theme and probably a mouthpiece or talk very little. Before this gimmick I was kind of hoping they'd pair him with the Vaudevillains and maybe give him a big twirlie moustache.

Angry Grimace

They forgot to put Sami Zayn on the poster. Also, I don't know why they have that one luchador that retired in 2012 on there. Maybe its part of their outreach program since he's going such great work with the orphans in Tijuana now?

Nekofrog

Banned
Cole is actually in charge of the NXT commentary. He's the guy in their earpieces (the way Vince and Dunn are constantly in the earpieces of Cole and the other commentators on RAW). He's doing an excellent job.

He has the talent (See his early smackdown days). It's the direction Vince is looking for that is lackluster.

Keep Cole in people's ears and off TV when Vince is gone. He's been around for so long being absolutely insufferable that I don't think there's any going back. I cannot stand to hear the man "talk" to the doubleyoudoubleyouE Universe.

Angry Grimace

Top Bottom