• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Someone posted this a while back but Romans merch numbers were in the top 5 I believe.

...so?

Cena sells straight up the most merch and always did. Roman's merch sales as far as I can tell don't justify pushing him non-stop.

IpEdhmL.jpg

Why does Cesaro look like Vaudevillian?

Malenko was known as "The man of 1000 holds?" I thought Jericho had that, or was there an angle between the 2 of them for that title?

Malenko was known as "The Man of 1,000 Holds." During their feud, Jericho was making fun of him, saying he was better than Malenko because he was "The Man of 1,004 Holds".

...so?

Cena sells straight up the most merch and always did. Roman's merch sales as far as I can tell don't justify pushing him non-stop.

I didn't say that. I was just pointing out his merch sales are doing fine in relation to what was said. It's not like he's bombing so terribly with the fans they're not moving merch.

Roman isn't the sole problem with RAW. I think people just have product fatigue after 2 1/2 hours.

I didn't say that. I was just pointing out his merch sales are doing fine in relation to what was said. It's not like he's bombing so terribly with the fans they're not moving merch.

Roman isn't the sole problem with RAW. I think people just have product fatigue after 2 1/2 hours.

You have a point there.

oddjobs

Since when was Ryback a Cowboy?

NXT season 1

Although if you want to dig deep into his origins you'd have to go back to Tough Enough in 2004

edit: It's kind of incredible how long he's been around given the amount of injuries he has, a suspension from 2006, occasional backstage heat and all. Never have really liked anything he's done, though, so I guess others see value in him.

Has anyone here tried a wrestling move as a legit defensive move for protection? (ie mugging, bullying, etc)
Full Nelson, spear. My brother- in law is bad news and I promised my wife to help her out protecting my sister in law. Just wish my wife's dad had enough guts to send him to a rehab

Recall

Watching Royal Rumble 2010 and I'm enjoying it. Matt Striker is the drizzling shits though, I enjoy puro as much as the next internet fan but stop trying so hard Matt, stop it.

The ECW title still existing at this point is funny but I did enjoy the Christian vs Jackson match way more than I thought I would.

Malenko was known as "The man of 1000 holds?" I thought Jericho had that, or was there an angle between the 2 of them for that title?
1004 baby!

I'm telling you he sang to her some Keith Sweat. Probably some "Make it last forever"
What you know about Keith Sweat.

Anyone else kinda worried X-Pac hasn't tweeted in like a week?
Someone said he wrestled at a show Saturday. After winning be got in his knees and prayed.

Has anyone here tried a wrestling move as a legit defensive move for protection? (ie mugging, bullying, etc)
One time, I was being like big bossman and threw a stick at this boys head for laughing at me when we were playing kickball and I fell. It worked, he was always intimidated of me ever since. Too bad he was a good friend of mine but I had to serve him some hard times.

When you say that, I'm actually thinking "Wow, nowadays current shows, specifically WWE are trying too hard to impress."

Im older, so I think mid to late 80's and the reassurance of the mid to late 90's to be the best ever. Always NWA, WCW though. The only thing I liked about WWF at the time was Austin and the Rock. Jericho before he left WCW was prime, and best Jericho.

I always thought we'd see another renaissance, and it never came. Punk almost had it, but for what ever reason it never came to be. MITB 2011 was as close as we got. The Cena 2000's were the worst era of wresting in its more than 100 year history. And today we see Vince has lost his mind, and isn't playing with a full deck anymore, His creative juices dried up a long time ago.

Full Nelson, spear. My brother- in law is bad news and I promised my wife to help her out protecting my sister in law. Just wish my wife's dad had enough guts to send him to a rehab

I myself trying to execute the Million Dollar Dream on a guy who was harassing a young woman, to be honest, I don't think I applied correctly.

In the future, I'm going to try a basic drop toe hold against a charging attacker.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Honestly, my guess is that THE GUY is probably Rollins, but I have no idea if they intend to or plan to push him properly. They pushed him enough to be the top heel, but he could probably be the top guy in general if they let him.

Menome

Just back home from a double-bill showing of Alien and Aliens. First time seeing them on the big screen and it was fantastic.

Also, in case anyone had forgotten: DAMIEN SANDOW WAS ON RAW.

Have a good night everyone.

Menome

Honestly, my guess is that THE GUY is probably Rollins, but I have no idea if they intend to or plan to push him properly. They pushed him enough to be the top heel, but he could probably be the top guy in general if they let him.

I think the perfect way to bring him back would be during Reigns' "The Guy" catchphrase. Just as Reigns finishes, have Rollins' voice on the speakers going: "You may be The Guy, Roman, but I'm THE MAN!"

Cue music.

Top Bottom