• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

djsandman, I see Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in the background of your picture with Kevin Nash and am overjoyed that you didn't actually pose for a picture with him. A friend and I did a complete Wrestlemania rewatch a few years back and we both couldn't stand him. I've heard he's such a tool nowadays too. XD

The Divas match was so hard to watch.

it's pretty easy to sell a rib injury when you actually have one. that just made it harder to watch for me. i mean, Phoenix can do a lot to protect a skinny little thing like that, but it would have just taken one botch for things to get really ugly.

So guys, what do you think was a better match yesterday, Sheamus?Bryan or Kane/Orton?

Lol.

One of these matches had the outcome I wanted. :/

I'd swap the results of every match if I could only change the outcome of the WHC match. :(

Kane winning with a top rope Chokeslam was ten kinds of amazing though...

UberTag

Has anything been announced for Raw tonight?
A 5-on-5 tag match featuring Mania opponents was announced on Saturday night.
But given the way the WWE books, Vince has probably changed his mind a half dozen times since then so who knows?

Hey, at least Kane won. Right guys? Once more!
ibxmp7hHm5sBRk.gif

So good, genuinely the Wrestlemania moment for me. Kane beating Orton was more awesomely unexpected than Rock beating Cena.
He beat Orton clean, CLEEEEAAAAAN! no dodgy knee focused RKO's either, just a delicious top rope chokeslam.

If gaf followed my glorious advice and became Kaneanites then they would have had the bitter taste of Bryan/Sheamus washed out far quicker and would have got their WM moment.
Now lets have that momentum continue!

UberTag

Is it just me or are there a grand total of two diehard Kane fans responding back and forth to one another about how great his victory was last night? They do realize that kind of thing will only make people hate Kane, right? (As for me, I think the guy's awesome.)

Incidentally now that all of the good topics have been moved out of OT, you can now find TWO distinct Ed, Edd n Eddy threads on the first page. How about that?

somedevil

Scott Steiner has been released from TNA.

You forgot to mention his tweets after his release going after Hogan and TNA booking team:

Big Poppa Pump‏@ScottSteinerReply
Retweet Favorite
Wait... His ex-wife said he was .gay..so who's the guy in the sex tape
50 minutes ago

Big Poppa Pump‏@ScottSteinerReply
Retweet Favorite
Brother...
3 hours ago

Big Poppa Pumpþ@ScottSteinerReply
Retweet Favorite
Ratings..what an embarassment to tna n spike tv
3 hours ago

Big Poppa Pumpþ@ScottSteiner
Can somebody send tna's booking team of pritchard hogan n bischoff video's from ring ka king..booking hogan in a sex tape wont help rati ...
3 hours ago

Aiii

So not worth it
After parting ways with TNA Wrestling last week, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner slammed the organization’s creative heads Monday afternoon on Twitter.

“Can somebody send tna’s booking team of pritchard hogan (and) bischoff video’s from ring ka king..booking hogan in a sex tape wont help ratings..what an embarassment to TNA (and) spike tv. Brother…” he wrote via text.

Go Scott, it's your birthday!

SoulPlaya

more money than God

So good, genuinely the Wrestlemania moment for me. Kane beating Orton was more awesomely unexpected than Rock beating Cena.
He beat Orton clean, CLEEEEAAAAAN! no dodgy knee focused RKO's either, just a delicious top rope chokeslam.

If gaf followed my glorious advice and became Kaneanites then they would have had the bitter taste of Bryan/Sheamus washed out far quicker and would have got their WM moment.
Now lets have that momentum continue!
They just don't listen. What made it so great, was that it was just so damn unexpected. I gained so much more respect for Orton for being willing to do that, and I wouldn't even mind if Kane ends up jobbing to him at ER (he should too, btw).

Is it just me or are there a grand total of two diehard Kane fans responding back and forth to one another about how great his victory was last night? They do realize that kind of thing will only make people hate Kane, right? (As for me, I think the guy's awesome.)

Incidentally now that all of the good topics have been moved out of OT, you can now find TWO distinct Ed, Edd n Eddy threads on the first page. How about that?
It was honestly one of the very few bright spots from last night's show. Don't ruin it for us. Kane has been going strong for 15 years, and survived the worst angles in wrestling history. Two guys posting about him on here won't change anything. Besides, the Kane discussions we do have involve way more people than just me and Owl. BTW, you got into a Kane discussion a few pages back with Spin and a few others that didn't involve me or Owl, so there.

i'm not sure how a clean win over Orton is going to upset anyone other than total Orton marks. it made me think 'good for Randy agreeing to let Kane go over clean to help rebuild Kane's monster gimmick'.

Orton is the kind of guy who can leap into the main event picture at the drop of a hat. that's still true today. also, if all of Randy's matches where he gets beaten up for ten minutes end with him hitting the RKO out of nowhere for the win, it kind of ruins the fun of him hitting the RKO out of nowhere after being beaten up for an extended period of time.

Aiii

So not worth it
i'm not sure how a clean win over Orton is going to upset anyone other than total Orton marks. it made me think 'good for Randy agreeing to let Kane go over clean to help rebuild Kane's monster gimmick'.

Orton is the kind of guy who can leap into the main event picture at the drop of a hat. that's still true today.

Yet Cena buried the monster without a problem, just so he can look strong for Rock...... and lose...

Wait, what?

And why was Ryder's push sacrificed for this?

So many questions.

Yet Cena buried the monster without a problem, just so he can look strong for Rock...... and lose...
which is why he needed rebuilding, and good on Randy for helping make that happen. Cena needed to look strong for Rock. if Cena looked weak before that match how much would a Rock win mean?

And why was Ryder's push sacrificed for this?
i think we all know why. he wasn't *supposed* to get popular yet and him getting himself over was viewed as dissent. it's a stupid stupid mentality and one that needs to change, but that's the way things are these days.

Gotta say, I love Bryan. Can't get enough of YES YES YES. I figured Sheamus was going to win which I was content with, however winning like that at Wrestlemania after the signs and chants Bryan was getting by all those in the front row? Turned me off till the Taker/HHH match came on. Still bitter about it. I know Shemeaus had nothing to do with the booking probably, however now I'm hating him on a Cena level.

I felt the same way. The way that match ended just soured me for the first half of the PPV.

That being said, I cannot wait for RAW lol.

Cutting Steiner was a good move. Sure he was making 6 figures when he was signed to bring back Main Event Mafia last year, but after that fell through there wasn't much point of him being there. Remember when he helped Fortune against Immortal and then was in Immortal 2 months later with no explanation? Also saw this in Wrestlemania thread

T1hDM.gif

Nah, it's just you. That was my first post in this thread so far, back and forth you say? an impossibility!

As for your second point, I hate that bloody cartoon.

They just don't listen. What made it so great, was that it was just so damn unexpected. I gained so much more respect for Orton for being willing to do that, and I wouldn't even mind if Kane ends up jobbing to him at ER (he should too, btw).

Okay now the back and forth begins, yeah he can go put over Orton now, i'm satisfied, see we can have positivity in this thread.

Rock winning at Mania was definitely the right move for things depending on how the book the upcoming shows, just noone thought they actually would do it. I think that was Cena's first clean singles loss since 2007 or 2008. Maybe Rock got into Miami and said fuck this and I'm not jobbing tonight and forced WWE to give him the win.

Tonight's RAW will be, and I quote:

"Coming hot of the heels of one of the most controversial Wrestlemainas in recent memory"

I guaran-damn-tee it.

Kyoufu

Rock winning at Mania was definitely the right move for things depending on how the book the upcoming shows, just noone thought they actually would do it. I think that was Cena's first clean singles loss since 2007 or 2008. Maybe Rock got into Miami and said fuck this and I'm not jobbing tonight and forced WWE to give him the win.

The question is:

Rock wrestling in a match = once in a lifetime

or

Cena losing clean = once in a lifetime

??

RBH

COMPLETE MATCH DETAILS ON WWE'S ECW UNRELEASED VOLUME ONE
by Mike Johnson @ 5:55 PM on 4/2/2012

The complete match listing for WWE's ECW Unreleased Volume One, featuring matches from the original ECW that were never released on DVD before will feature the following matches, according to an announcement by Joey Styles. Styles did not specify dates, so I've added details where I could on when the bouts took place. Since some of these bouts took place multiple times, we can't confirm any additional details:

DISC ONE:

*Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio - 8/27/94 NWA Title Tournament Final.
*Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven - Three-Way Dance 4/8/95
* Dean Malenko & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddie Guerrero & Tazmaniac - Heatwave 1995
* Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
* Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack ECW Cyberslam '96

DISC TWO:

* Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. The Eliminators, ECW World Tag Team Title Match
* Sabu vs. Taz - ECW Barely Legal
* Shane Douglas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ECW November to Remember 1997
* Sabu & Rob Van Dam vs. Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki - ECW Heatwave '97
* Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

DISC THREE:

* Shane Douglas vs. Tazz - ECW Guilty as Charged 1999
* Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka, ECW World Heavyweight Title Match
* Justin Credible & Lance Storm vs. Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lynn
* Tazz vs. Tommy Dreamer - Cyberslam 2000
* Tommy Dreamer vs. Justin Credible - Cyberslam 2000
* Rhino vs. The Sandman
* Rhino vs. Spike Dudley
* Yoshihiro Tajiri & Mikey Whipwreck vs. Kid Kash & Super Crazy vs. The FBI - ECW Guilty As Charged 2001
* Rey Mysterio vs. Psicosis

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES
* Terry Funk vs. Sabu vs. Shane Douglas - The Night the Line Was Crossed
* Tommy Dreamer vs. Jimmy Snuka - The Night the Line Was Crossed

maybe they actually did the math and stopped ignoring the crowd responses. despite all their best efforts they couldn't get the crowd split like they wanted. putting Cena over someone no one wanted to see him put over wasn't going to do anything for his career, because some would say that's BEEN his career.

i'm sure they'll do another match, and i won't even be mad if Cena goes over clean at Mania next year... but how much would it really have elevated Cena to go over a Rock that has barely wrestled in the last decade?

Supercena was already at the top. you can't get more at the top. pushing him back down a bit, gives them something to do with him.

Cena is definitely getting his win back from Rock at Summerslam or next Mania. They are also going to send some heel out there tonight to get destroyed by him most likely, because we can't have him looking weak after that loss, probably Miz, Christian, or Mark Henry.

Cena is definitely getting his win back from Rock at Summerslam or next Mania. They are also going to send some heel out there tonight to get destroyed by him most likely, because we can't have him looking weak after that loss, probably Miz, Christian, or Mark Henry.

it better not be the Miz.

so it probably will be.

i'd prefer it if Cena gets his revenge at Summerslam because a win at Mania > win at Summerslam in the history books. i'm guessing Mania though.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Nah, Del Rio will probably come back tonight for the sole purpose of jobbing to Cena.

* Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio - 8/27/94 NWA Title Tournament Final.

* Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack ECW Cyberslam '96

* Shane Douglas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ECW November to Remember 1997

* Shane Douglas vs. Tazz - ECW Guilty as Charged 1999

* Terry Funk vs. Sabu vs. Shane Douglas - The Night the Line Was Crossed
Who?

Kyoufu

After the low buys of last year's Summerslam it's almost inevitable they'll try and use Rock as a draw for this upcoming one.

After the low buys of last year's Summerslam it's almost inevitable they'll try and use Rock as a draw for this upcoming one.

how does it line up with his filming schedule? if he's free and if he has a film coming out around that time, it's probably something he'd be interested in doing.

Hope they're not thinking Kane vs Sheamus would make good main event material. I see things heading that way based on the way things turned out.

Top Bottom