• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No offense guys, it's just funny to read these rants after every PPV, as if things like wins and losses actually matter.

Honestly does the World Title even matter at this point, about 30 different people have had it over the years and none of them seem to matter worth a shit. It switches hands, no one cares. No one watches Smackdown, the show gets sub 2 ratings nowadays. No one really gives a shit, it honestly shouldn't even be a belt at this point.

Not saying I don't like Danielson as a wrestler, but what would it have really mattered if he won last night? Nothing changes. The same empty feuds based on nothing, the same empty payoffs. For wins and losses and belts to matter, the feuds themselves and wrestler have to in the first place, and that hasn't happened for a long, long time.
The World Title has been better treated than the WWE title over the past year, not including that one second Show reign. It's also on RAW now, and it doesn't look like a child's toy. It's actually been better treated than the WWE title since 2002, imo.

And what do you mean no one that has held is worth a shit? HHH, Cena, Taker, Edge, Batista, Kane, Mysterio have all held it. Hell, Henry's reign is the best reign of any title the WWE has had in a year.

TheNatural

My Member!

I'm not accepting, that's why I'm done watching this shit after tonight. I'll see what they send Rocky and crew off with and I'm done, and baseball season starts in a couple days. You don't have to watch it.

I'm saying though, for something to matter it needed something to actually make it meaningful. Wins and losses don't even matter nowadays because nothing is ever built on anything, the supposed "feuds" are stale and boring, the wrestlers are boring, nothing exciting happens. Hell, you could honestly almost just not call it wrestling, have a match with no referee or pinfalls and then when the time is up go to the next segment with others.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
gwTik.gif

What the hell?

No offense guys, it's just funny to read these rants after every PPV, as if things like wins and losses actually matter.

Honestly does the World Title even matter at this point, about 30 different people have had it over the years and none of them seem to matter worth a shit. It switches hands, no one cares. No one watches Smackdown, the show gets sub 2 ratings nowadays. No one really gives a shit, it honestly shouldn't even be a belt at this point.

Not saying I don't like Danielson as a wrestler, but what would it have really mattered if he won last night? Nothing changes. The same empty feuds based on nothing, the same empty payoffs. For wins and losses and belts to matter, the feuds themselves and wrestler have to in the first place, and that hasn't happened for a long, long time.
This guy gets it.

It's nonstop "the belts don't even mean anything anymore" in here until something interesting happens and then what's happening with the belt is the worst thing that has ever happened in wrestling.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
People like Punk, Jericho, Taker, HHH should be held accountable.

How those guys can sit back and let Vince demolish such a good thing as D.Brine is beyond me.

Seriously, fuck Jericho. He's all talk. "I wanna put over the younger talent, it doesn't matter if I win". Fuck that guy, he comes back for one final WM payday and doesn't put over shit.

Someone should've intervened and ensured that didn't happen last night.

We are talking finger poke of doom, David Arquette levels of stupid here.

This is the latter years of WCW all over again.

Anth0ny

I was waiting for the Punk/Bryan feud where they'd eventually fuse the belts together. Guess that's not happening =(

markatisu

How those guys can sit back and let Vince demolish such a good thing as D.Brine is beyond me.

Seriously, fuck Jericho. He's all talk. "I wanna put over the younger talent, it doesn't matter if I win". Fuck that guy, he comes back for one final WM payday and doesn't put over shit.

LOL @ you thinking anyone has the ability to tell Vince and his staff what to do, its like you don't even watch wrestling

UberTag

It's not that Bryan lost, it's how he lost. That was some Brooklyn Brawler shit. It's insulting.
Dude, it wasn't like Brawler matches at all.
Lombardi was actually allowed to get some offense in before he inevitably got squashed. That's more than Danielson got.

LOL @ you thinking anyone has the ability to tell Vince and his staff what to do, its like you don't even watch wrestling
Well, he's got a point about Triple H. But yeah, you're absolutely right about everyone else. Why would it be in their best interests to tell their boss he's wrong and should step away from the business? While they're making more money working for him than they have in their entire lives? Yeah, right.

Nobody should be holding Punk, Jericho, Sheamus, Danielson, Taker or any of the talent accountable for what happened to the world heavyweight championship last night.

Jericho lost, you know...

I'm mad that Bryan lost, but let's see how the next few weeks of TV play out before we start whining about how Vince ruined everything.

TheNatural

My Member!
I was waiting for the Punk/Bryan feud where they'd eventually fuse the belts together. Guess that's not happening =(

That would have been actual planning and foresight, and possibly even making a major feud to get people to actually care. We all know that's not going to happen though, and even if it did, just like with this Jericho shit you would get probably 3 weeks of talking about something irrelevent.

You see Punk vs. Danielson Dragongate/ROH 5 star match and build. They see 15 minute by the numbers PPV finish with the build revolving around who's cooler, Punk because he's straight edge or Danielson because he's a vegan.

What does it even matter? They're not going to what you want, and if they actually do what you want its going to be in such a way to wish that it never happened in the first place. You want a 5 star classic, they want Twitter and an Ice Cream Bars vs. Tofu feud.

Apparently WWE is planning on giving Sheamus a long title run. The same frustrating things about WWE have been happening for 7 or 8 years now so it's pretty obvious they won't learn. Vince McMahon is to afraid to make any waves or change anything with no competition, despite the fact ratings decline year over year with no turn around in sight. It's only going to get worse and worse. I wouldn't be surprised if ratings come in for tonight's Raw and they end up with a 3.2 or 3.3 at best. They've banned most power wrestling moves, no blood, no chairshots, no blood, shitty storylines, infuriating booking. Why am I still watching this shit?

I struggle with this everyday.

Apparently WWE is planning on giving Sheamus a long title run. The same frustrating things about WWE have been happening for 7 or 8 years now so it's pretty obvious they won't learn. Vince McMahon is to afraid to make any waves or change anything with no competition, despite the fact ratings decline year over year with no turn around in sight. It's only going to get worse and worse. I wouldn't be surprised if ratings come in for tonight's Raw and they end up with a 3.2 or 3.3 at best. They've banned most power wrestling moves, no blood, no chairshots, no blood, shitty storylines, infuriating booking. Why am I still watching this shit?
Damn! I'm hoping yesterday wasn't the end of Daniel Bryan's push.

Grymm

Banned
I can see how there are certain circumstances where squash matches on a major PPV are a good thing.

If having the match itself would actually be detrimental to the stars involved because it would show their lack of talent compared to the rest of the card. In that case, quick squash match to hide their suck.

So something like say a divas match featuring Maria Menudos should be an 18 second match. The crowd would have also felt like they were getting what they want, because nobody wanted to see that crap.

But not a championship match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm absolutely, absolutely sure that Bryan will have a rematch with Sheamus at Extreme Rules. They don't have anything else to play with. However, after that, I don't know where it goes. I hope this isn't a repeat of Orton/Christian, where Orton just beat him month after month.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'm absolutely, absolutely sure that Bryan will have a rematch with Sheamus at Extreme Rules. They don't have anything else to play with. However, after that, I don't know where it goes. I hope this isn't a repeat of Orton/Christian, where Orton just beat him month after month.

Now you know damn well that's where we're headin' to fella.

Then Cole will say that it was the most evenly matched feud in WWE history.

But at least the matches will be great.

Cagey

Banned
I didn't see you shake anyone's hand.

You know, this would be a great way for Bryan to start off his heel explanation of WTF happened at WM28. Pull out the old Ring of Honor "honor code" (without saying ROH, of course) and deride Sheamus for being a coward cheapshot artist with no honor. Only scoundrels would begin a world title bout without a proper shake of the hands.

Daniel Bryan, a fine and noble gentleman, wouldn't do such a thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm not accepting, that's why I'm done watching this shit after tonight. I'll see what they send Rocky and crew off with and I'm done, and baseball season starts in a couple days. You don't have to watch it.

I'm saying though, for something to matter it needed something to actually make it meaningful. Wins and losses don't even matter nowadays because nothing is ever built on anything, the supposed "feuds" are stale and boring, the wrestlers are boring, nothing exciting happens. Hell, you could honestly almost just not call it wrestling, have a match with no referee or pinfalls and then when the time is up go to the next segment with others.
I am in the same position, probably won't even catch this Raw. Might check out it sporadically but in general I won't be watching unless someone worthwhile shows up(Stone Cold, Brock, etc).

The issue is as you said, nothing matters because they don't make anything matter anymore. So if they don't care, I won't care.

I am in the same position, probably won't even catch this Raw. Might check out it sporadically but in general I won't be watching unless someone worthwhile shows up(Stone Cold, Brock, etc).

The issue is as you said, nothing matters because they don't make anything matter anymore. So if they don't care, I won't care.

Awwww snap, errbody dropping wrestling left and right, WrassleGAF sent to die in the OT Community, WM was mediocre, D. Brine gets squashed.

If there was ever a time to bail out...

The only thing that's making me want to bail is this thread being in the community section.

But I'd rather watch and shit on everything than not watch and not have the satisfaction of shitting on everything. Net_Wrecker style.

The only thing that's making me want to bail is this thread being in the community section.

But I'd rather watch and shit on everything than not watch and not have the satisfaction of shitting on everything. Net_Wrecker style.

I give credit where credit's due. The problem is they don't do stuff that would lead me to due credits so credits are often NOT due'd.

Simple really. *puff puff*

I give credit where credit's due. The problem is they don't do stuff that would lead me to due credits so credits are often NOT due'd.

cena finish was good though DON'T EVEN FRONT.

and tonight on raw he is gonna take it like a bitch. That or smirk like he always does. One or the other!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested to see where they take Cena's character now. Honestly, despite me pulling for Cena (which is disgusting, leave me alone) I actually want to know how he'll react to this.

And disgustedly leave when he does an "aw shucks" face and continues doing his same thing, but at least there's potential for WWE to surprise me.

cena finish was good though DON'T EVEN FRONT.

and tonight on raw he is gonna take it like a bitch. That or smirk like he always does. One or the other!

It was ok simply because John Cena lost clean after being a prick and stealing homey's move. The match itself was nothing special, at all, and way too tame. I wanted to see a brawl, not these average at best wrestlers try to put on a clinic.

And my care cup is all the way empty to whether or not Cena smirks on Raw. Monday Night WrassleGAF is the show, Raw is background noise.

I'm really interested to see where they take Cena's character now. Honestly, despite me pulling for Cena (which is disgusting, leave me alone) I actually want to know how he'll react to this.

And disgustedly leave when he does an "aw shucks" face and continues doing his same thing, but at least there's potential for WWE to surprise me.
this is a typical wwe opportunity moment. They can actually take the build up and the good finish of the way cena lost and turn it into a real/lasting character change.

Or they will can pull typical cena grin about it and be like MYBAD I WASN'T TRYING LOL NEXT TIMEEE, and then it'll be same old shit for him.

I hope for the first.

It was ok simply because John Cena lost clean after being a prick and stealing homey's move. The match itself was nothing special, at all, and way too tame. I wanted to see a brawl, not these average at best wrestlers try to put on a clinic.

And my care cup is all the way empty to whether or not Cena smirks on Raw. Monday Night WrassleGAF is the show, Raw is background noise.
this is all true, but the finish was worth the meh match.

UberTag

You really need to check out the Richards/Elgin match from this weekend at some point. If only to put a check in that "due credit" column of yours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this is a typical wwe opportunity moment. They can actually take the build up and the good finish of the way cena lost and turn it into a real/lasting character change.

Or they will can pull typical cena grin about it and be like MYBAD I WASN'T TRYING LOL NEXT TIMEEE, and then it'll be same old shit for him.

I hope for the first.

I know, I know. I just...we've all been burned many times.

Still, any direction is better than his current/previous one. I'm curious, but not getting my hopes up.

Rock vs Cena was probably a *** match. The crowd really helped it. I think it would've helped if the match went shorter. It could've been a really good 20 minute match.

this is all true, but the finish was worth the meh match.

I don't know if it was worth the hype/match, but I'm not mad at it so I'll accept it.

Also, your gotdamn avatar made quoting you so confusing.

You really need to check out the Richards/Elgin match from this weekend at some point. If only to put a check in that "due credit" column of yours.

I will get to the ROH shows soon. I keep reading how good the Richards/Elgin match was which is surprising considering how sick people were of Richards a few months ago.

hi wrestlegaf. you don't know me as a wrestling fan, but i think i've stalked these threads long enough, and there's enough familiar names from gaming side to make me feel comfortable in here.

i rather enjoyed Mania after that first hour. i don't think DB is buried... not yet. but that shit shouldn't have happened at Wrestlemania.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
hi wrestlegaf. you don't know me as a wrestling fan, but i think i've stalked these threads long enough, and there's enough familiar names from gaming side to make me feel comfortable in here.

i rather enjoyed Mania after that first hour. i don't think DB is buried... not yet. but that shit shouldn't have happened at Wrestlemania.
How do you feel about Kane? It's the question that must be answered.

Why would Mick Foley be a better replacement? Of course Shawn should have been there. What, they have been doing this storyline for like 4 years now? What logically conclusion would have Foley there? He hasn't had any interaction with HHH and Undertaker for years now from my understanding. Part of reason people were excited to see this match because of the inclusion of Shawn. Would Shawn screw over the Undertaker from the beatings he took before, would Shawn screw HHH as he didn't want him getting the win. That Superkick to pedigree, amazing spot

Mick Foley should not have been there. If anything after that match, if Taker is still wrestling next year, he should have started to walk back up the ramp, Brock's music hits, they stare each other down, Wrestlemanina 29 appears on the titiantron, finish.

Shawn shouldn't have been there because he already claimed that he made peace with everything during the first second HHH/Taker match. Now he's back and all of a sudden he wants revengeance? Don't make no sense.

And i don't know why people are so excited for Brock all of a sudden. Unless he's still as agile as he was nearly 10 years ago, then I really do not give a single fuck about him.

How do you feel about Kane? It's the question that must be answered.

i think he's not what he once was, but overall i like the guy. again, he's someone who gave the company a lot of his time, put a lot of miles on his body, and never seemed to have much of an ego about it. he's decent for a big man still even if not what he was.

and See No Evil was fun even if the dreadful May 19th thing made me want to hate it.

Kane puts people over, and generally puts in the ringwork to back up his name as the 'Big Red Monster'.

they've been giving him way too much mic work of late though.

Shawn shouldn't have been there because he already claimed that he made peace with everything during the first second HHH/Taker match. Now he's back and all of a sudden he wants revengeance? Don't make no sense.

And i don't know why people are so excited for Brock all of a sudden. Unless he's still as agile as he was nearly 10 years ago, then I really do not give a single fuck about him.
It's the same thing that always happens. People get excited when somebody returns, then turn on them after a while. Just the cycle.

I'm excited for Brock by the way.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i think he's not what he once was, but overall i like the guy. again, he's someone who gave the company a lot of his time, put a lot of miles on his body, and never seemed to have much of an ego about it. he's decent for a big man still even if not what he was.

and See No Evil was fun even if the dreadful May 19th thing made me want to hate it.

Kane puts people over, and generally puts in the ringwork to back up his name as the 'Big Red Monster'.

they've been giving him way too much mic work of late though.
You mean "not enough mic work." (Greatest promo ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGrMJShMsE).

Alright, you're cool with me.

Top Bottom