• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

Pictures from WresleReunion in Miami:

Ahmed_Johnson.jpg

Lex_Luger.jpg

Stevie_Richards_and_Tommy_Dreamer.jpg

Sid_Vicious.jpg

Diana_Hart.jpg

Gangrel.jpg

roberts_honkytonkman.jpg

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Microgalleries/WrestleReunionMiami2012/?&pic=0

Fat Ahmed Johnson is fat.

jmdajr

It's the same thing that always happens. People get excited when somebody returns, then turn on them after a while. Just the cycle.

I'm excited for Brock by the way.

Give or take of how long before GAF gets tired of him?

I give it... 2months.

I'm being generous.

You mean "not enough mic work." (Greatest promo ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGrMJShMsE).

Alright, you're cool with me.

actually, that's one of the things i don't like about Kane. he waits there silently for a few seconds until he knows he's on, and THEN he starts laughing. he did that again recently. start laughing BEFORE you know you are on silly!

maybe it's more the angles they've been giving him recently, but something is wrong if you've got Kane explaining himself at length i think.

It's the same thing that always happens. People get excited when somebody returns, then turn on them after a while. Just the cycle.

I'm excited for Brock by the way.

Give or take of how long before GAF gets tired of him?

I give it... 2months.

I'm being generous.

You guys act like people WANT to be sick of angles. Is there no blame to be placed on the WWE for ruining everything? "Smarks gonna smark" is not the answer for every criticism.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
actually, that's one of the things i don't like about Kane. he waits there silently for a few seconds until he knows he's on, and THEN he starts laughing. he did that again recently. start laughing BEFORE you know you are on silly!

maybe it's more the angles they've been giving him recently, but something is wrong if you've got Kane explaining himself at length i think.
The man can be gold on the mic, it's the angles. A feud with Orton over a handshake, a feud with Cena due to a silly philosophy. It's the angles.

jmdajr

You guys act like people WANT to be sick of angles. Is there no blame to be placed on the WWE for ruining everything? "Smarks gonna smark" is not the answer for every criticism.

I'm fine with a balance.

Edit: Lol. Lots of homophobia!
I kid..I assume most just like to take part in the silliness.

HBK REALLY makes that picture.

The gifs and pics are awesome. (Brazzers as always)

I just think its a cool show of respect. The old horses are a different breed. We will miss these guys when they are gone, most of the new talent just sucks.

Tonight I fully expect Cena to smile and laugh, and say what ever, the Rock is now gone, and I am still here etc.............. Then he will pin CM Punk for the title and keep on keeping on. You watch.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The gifs and pics are awesome. (Brazzers as always)

I just think its a cool show of respect. The old horses are a different breed. We will miss these guys when they are gone, most of the new talent just sucks.

Tonight I fully expect Cena to smile and laugh, and say what ever, the Rock is now gone, and I am still here etc.............. Then he will pin CM Punk for the title and keep on keeping on. You watch.
The Rock is going to be on tonight. It's also been reported that he's committed to WM 29. Cena/Rock is continuing. Though, I honestly think one of their matches will be for the WWE title.

UberTag

Most of the new talent doesn't ACTUALLY suck.
They're just booked to suck.
You think they're bad because that's what you're supposed to think.

(Well, okay... Kelly Kelly actually does suck. There's no helping her.)

You guys should tune into the REAL show tonight and see if FGC player LI Joe will get a Brazzers sponsorship: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468820

Guaranteed to be more entertaining than the dreck that WWE will put on camera.
I never strayed from the path. YOU started hanging out with the wrong crowd and got your head all messed up.

OPEN YOUR EYYYYYYYYYES

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

YOUR RECENT INSAAANITY

...I have much thinking to do.

Kelly's no great in the ring, but that girl sure can take some crazy bumps given how skinny she looks. maybe with Fit Finlay coming back he'll start training the girls again, and we'll see some improvement in the divas division and KK. KK has the looks and the toughness... she just needs to pick up some in ring skills. doesn't even need to be that good in the ring. some decent selling, less botches and a couple more moves and she'd be really over.

i hope Dolph bumps his way to the top before he bumps his way into traction.

A lot of people don't blame the booking though. For example, Jericho had people marking out for him in January, to where now there were people just a few days ago complaining Jericho isn't a good worker anymore and is only out for himself.

Or look at The Rock. There are people who were saying he doesn't know how to cut a promo. The Rock. That's crazy.

There is a difference between blaming booking and blaming the person. I don't like WWE booking either, but it isn't going to change the fact that I'm excited for a possible Brock return.

Then again, I don't think WWE booking is as bad as a lot of people try to make it out to be. It's mediocre, but it has been much, much worse. Maybe most people just don't remember.

There's always an alternative.

juXK5SKqdxnsB.png

Yeah Chikara is great, but still for weekly wrestling with awesome production WWE is the way to go. I'm gonna stick things out to the draft and see what happens. Right now Daniel Bryan being all over Smackdown is the only thing making me watch that show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
A lot of people don't blame the booking though. For example, Jericho had people marking out for him in January, to where now there were people just a few days ago complaining Jericho isn't a good worker anymore and is only out for himself.

Or look at The Rock. There are people who were saying he doesn't know how to cut a promo. The Rock. That's crazy.

There is a difference between blaming booking and blaming the person. I don't like WWE booking either, but it isn't going to change the fact that I'm excited for a possible Brock return.

Then again, I don't think WWE booking is as bad as a lot of people try to make it out to be. It's mediocre, but it has been much, much worse. Maybe most people just don't remember.
Those people you mentioned are in the stark minority. People's criticisms of Rock and Jericho have centered around the angles, not the workers, themselves.

I don't like the way they wrestle. Its like they just lock up and roll around the ropes for 10 min. Where are the moves????? Im not talking about a spot fest, but my god show me something.

Am I old, becuase I think HBK Brett Hart, Flair, SCSA, Angle(pre-loopy days) are sorely missed? I guess that's why Ziggler makes my jizz in my pants, because he wrestles like I remember it back in the mid 90's.

Im so sick of the you do your 5 moves, I do mine, and then we go home.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't like the way they wrestle. Its like they just lock up and roll around the ropes for 10 min. Where are the moves????? Im not talking about a spot fest, but my god show me something.

Am I old, becuase I think HBK Brett Hart, Flair, SCSA, Angle(pre-loopy days) are sorely missed? I guess that's why Ziggler makes my jizz in my pants, because he wrestles like I remember it back in the mid 90's.
It's called the WWE style. It's something they've pushed for years now, so as to prolong these guys' careers, and avoid injuries. It's sort of what you have to do, considering how many shows they run a year.

It's called the WWE style. It's something they've pushed for years now, so as to prolong these guys' careers, and avoid injuries. It's sort of what you have to do, considering how many shows they run a year.

Ok, Did you see anyone other than the vets lay it out all on the line last night?
I didn't.

What would this show have been like if we didn't have HHH Taker rock Cena, and it was headlined by Punk Y2J? <-----I was very disappointed in that match by the way. That was not a classic, nor did it steal the show.

JKRMA

Banned
Been a long time wrasslegaf lurker. Think it is about time I join in on the regular now that The Rock has beat Cena clean. I cannot stand Super Cena. So predictable(overcoming the odds out of nowhere in the last 30 secs of match) shtick. Cannot stand his grinning and smiling at everything. Really interested in seeing where they take his character now because at the end of the match on the ramp for once he wasn't smirking like a dork.

Gotta say, I love Bryan. Can't get enough of YES YES YES. I figured Sheamus was going to win which I was content with, however winning like that at Wrestlemania after the signs and chants Bryan was getting by all those in the front row? Turned me off till the Taker/HHH match came on. Still bitter about it. I know Shemeaus had nothing to do with the booking probably, however now I'm hating him on a Cena level.

I was pleasantly delighted that Kane beat Mr.Boreton though:)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ok, Did you see anyone other than the vets lay it out all on the line last night?
I didn't.

What would this show have been like if we didn't have HHH Taker rock Cena, and it was headlined by Punk Y2J? <-----I was very dissapointed in that match by the way.
Most of these vets come from a time when that style wasn't continuously pushed on them. It's one of the benefits from having practiced your craft all over the world. Most of the newer, younger guys have only known the WWE style, and it's what they've been taught. Besides, all the guys you listed, except Cena, work an incredibly reduced schedule where they only wrestle a few matches a year. I'm not defending it, but it's just the truthful reality of the situation. They don't want another Edge situation.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Been a long time wrasslegaf lurker. Think it is about time I join in on the regular now that The Rock has beat Cena clean. I cannot stand Super Cena. So predictable(overcoming the odds out of nowhere in the last 30 secs of match) shtick. Cannot stand his grinning and smiling at everything. Really interested in seeing where they take his character now because at the end of the match on the ramp for once he wasn't smirking like a dork.

Gotta say, I love Bryan. Can't get enough of YES YES YES. I figured Sheamus was going to win which I was content with, however winning like that at Wrestlemania after the signs and chants Bryan was getting by all those in the front row? Turned me off till the Taker/HHH match came on. Still bitter about it. I know Shemeaus had nothing to do with the booking probably, however now I'm hating him on a Cena level.

Welcome to WrassleGAF! I'm happy to have you here, and I hope to read more of your thoughts!!!

I didn't.

What would this show have been like if we didn't have HHH Taker rock Cena, and it was headlined by Punk Y2J? <-----I was very disappointed in that match by the way. That was not a classic, nor did it steal the show.

The "vets" can get away with it BECAUSE they're vets. They also have wrestled different styles their entire career. You think someone like Cody Rhodes could get away with wrestling the non-WWE style? Get real.

I didn't.

What would this show have been like if we didn't have HHH Taker rock Cena, and it was headlined by Punk Y2J? <-----I was very dissapointed in that match by the way.

two things about that, how many matches have Undertaker and HHH wrestled in the last year?

and didn't you see Punk, Dolph and Orton (who has been around a while, but is still not a vet) all take some big bumps?

it's about how much punishment your body can take in one year. the WWE 'style' is to keep people performing year round, and it also helps more casual viewers 'learn' any given wrestlers style so they can get into the matches more, and recognise when a finish is being set up, and what have you.

as awesome as it is to watch someone like William Regal do his thing, his chain wrestling style probably kept him from the main event level that i think most everyone here would have loved to see him reach. it was awesome watching Bryan Danielson do his thing in ROH... but you have to recognise that you can't wrestle like that for as long as you can wrestle in the WWE style. i'm glad Bryan got into the WWE and can now have a long career. he earned it in gyms up and down the country.

Welcome man!!!!! Lets hope the Rock and Cena don't come out and hug each other tonight.

Most of these vets come from a time when that style wasn't continuously pushed on them. It's one of the benefits from having practiced your craft all over the world. Most of the newer, younger guys have only known the WWE style, and it's what they've been taught. Besides, all the guys you listed, except Cena, work an incredibly reduced schedule where they only wrestle a few matches a year.

I know you are right. I understand. I just don't like it.

two things about that, how many matches have Undertaker and HHH wrestled in the last year?

and didn't you see Punk, Dolph and Orton (who has been around a while, but is still not a vet) all take some big bumps?

it's about how much punishment your body can take in one year. the WWE 'style' is to keep people performing year round, and it also helps more casual viewers 'learn' any given wrestlers style so they can get into the matches more, and recognise when a finish is being set up, and what have you.

as awesome as it is to watch someone like William Regal do his thing, his chain wrestling style probably kept him from the main event level that i think most everyone here would have loved to see him reach.

The "vets" can get away with it BECAUSE they're vets. They also have wrestled different styles their entire career. You think someone like Cody Rhodes could get away with wrestling the non-WWE style? Get real.

I wish it was a step below TNA, but three steps above what WWE does now. You know what I mean, like tell a story, but do more than just roll around.

Kaladin

This is going to be a big post....these are my Wrestlereunion pics......some will be images, some will be links.

w/ Diana Hart-Smith
http://i.imgur.com/qCFIB.jpg

w/ Harry Smith

utLlf.jpg

w/ Ron Bass
http://i.imgur.com/t3s9c.jpg

w/ Fit Finlay
LwXq6.jpg

w/ Vader
DlvNg.jpg

w/ Tito Santana
XVWRZ.jpg

w/ Animal
0Bivc.jpg

w/ D-Lo Brown
8u8tO.jpg

w/ Lex Luger
yiYPY.jpg

w/ Paul Orndorff
http://i.imgur.com/bYCWC.jpg

w/ Shane Douglas
WMeO7.jpg

w/ Lanny Poffo
http://i.imgur.com/0lVQ1.jpg

w/ Molly Holly
50paH.jpg

w/ Jake Roberts
rflFk.jpg

w/ Honky Tonk Man
08X9K.jpg

w/ The Headbangers
qVjdK.jpg

w/ Kevin Nash
QJGBd.jpg

w/ Colt Cabana
G8A23.jpg

Vader still looking good in those pics. He needs to have more of a role in WWE. Hope he comes back to manage(manager in wwe? lol I know) his son or something.

Luger looks really skinny. Crazy since he used to be so ripped. Didn't he have a stroke or something?

That picture with Animal is cool too.

Kaladin

I'm off to RAW....and I'll be at Smackdown tomorrow too! Enjoy the shows guys.....or not as this thread has been lately.

bjb

Banned
I know it's LTTP, but I quite enjoyed the show last night. The Bryan and Diva matches were the only ones I didn't enjoy.

Top Bottom