• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

UberTag

Early viewership numbers are out and Raw ratings went back to shit after the post Mania bump last week. Brock meant nothing. Final numbers should be out soon, but looks like it will end up a 3.0 or 3.1 at best.
And there was much rejoicing. Let's hope we'll hit the sub-3 rating territory in rapid fashion.
Who's watching baseball with me tonight?

Aiii

So not worth it
So they went down .1 or .2 to their normal rating?

My, how worried they will be now, a whole .2 of a rating down.

WWE has announced that Daniel Bryan will be the special guest on Roddy Piper's "Piper's Pit" on tonight's live Smackdown television special.

dI7bMlvXvFwBj.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So they went down .1 or .2 to their normal rating?

My, how worried they will be now, a whole .2 of a rating down.

The fact that ratings dropped at all should be enough reason for concern. Especially considering that they're coming off of The Rock's match at WM, and Brock debuting the night after. Those two things combined SHOULD have meant noticeably higher ratings. So even if the ratings just dropped by a point or two, that's still not good.

Striker

Early viewership numbers are out and Raw ratings went back to shit after the post Mania bump last week. Brock meant nothing. Final numbers should be out soon, but looks like it will end up a 3.0 or 3.1 at best.
Having Brock come in immediately and start with Cena kind of deflates the hype. Feels like any time Cena is involved in some story or angle, it just becomes so boring.

I didn't watch at all last night, and by the comments on pages, I won't need to on Youtube. Save myself from wasting two hours.

IT'S ABOUT AVATAR BETS

WILL BEEF HAVE TO WEAR IT
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HATE

AND IF YOU'LL EMBRACE IT

(this was an odd diversion)

WWE has announced that Daniel Bryan will be the special guest on Roddy Piper's "Piper's Pit" on tonight's live Smackdown television special.

This actually sounds promising, though the last Piper's Pit didn't go anywhere even after the whole FEEL THE ENERGY bit, smirk Cena struck again.

UberTag

This actually sounds promising, though the last Piper's Pit didn't go anywhere even after the whole FEEL THE ENERGY bit, smirk Cena struck again.
Also, makes me sound prophetic that D-Brine won't be wrestling again tonight. 4th TV show in a row after his 18-second Mania burial.

Unless they plan on jobbing him to Hot Rod. Which could also serve such a purpose.

I remember Kurt Angle, for months he'd bug me with his goody goody "Olympic Hero" stuff.

It bugged me as a younger mark, it really bugged me.

Then Something Magical happened.

For one night, they just let Taz be Taz. Not WWE's Taz, but straight out of ECW, meanest son of a bitch wrestling machine Taz.

And it was downhill from there for him, as he jobbed to just about everybody until he was demoted to commentator booth on SD.

Aiii

So not worth it
The fact that ratings dropped at all should be enough reason for concern. Especially considering that they're coming off of The Rock's match at WM, and Brock debuting the night after. Those two things combined SHOULD have meant noticeably higher ratings. So even if the ratings just dropped by a point or two, that's still not good.

The ratings have been like this for over a year. I think only the dirt sheets still care at this point.

Kaladin

Also, makes me sound prophetic that D-Brine won't be wrestling again tonight. 4th TV show in a row after his 18-second Mania burial.

Unless they plan on jobbing him to Hot Rod. Which could also serve such a purpose.

It's actually an interesting tactic because keeping him out of the ring until he gets his title rematch will give the match some psychology of "was the last time a fluke, can Daniel Bryan overcome disappointment? ect, ect."

Though I'm sure WWE isn't thinking that far ahead and are just keeping him off tv to annoy all of you.

I hope they don't throw him out the title scene on SD, he's had like no interaction with Sheamus since WM which seems odd and with Smackdown's crummy roster there really isn't much else to occupy him with.

For one night, they just let Taz be Taz. Not WWE's Taz, but straight out of ECW, meanest son of a bitch wrestling machine Taz.

And it was downhill from there for him, as he jobbed to just about everybody until he was demoted to commentator booth on SD.

He even jobbed to commentators, even JR got in on the action, that was like 6 months after the debut, what a swift slide downhill it was.

Khrno

Hope Bryan puts Piper on the Lebell Lock after Piper gives him shit for blaming AJ for his loss. If it wasn't a PG show, I could see Piper making jokes about the 18s, or maybe because it is a WWE PG show, there will be 18s jokes.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I know people like Kaitlyn:

4aI0E.jpg

Jade1.png

Good to see D Brine will be in the Piper's Pit. Hope it's good.

Hope Bryan puts Piper on the Lebell Lock after Piper gives him shit for blaming AJ for his loss. If it wasn't a PG show, I could see Piper making jokes about the 18s, or maybe because it is a WWE PG show, there will be 18s jokes.

There's bound to be "18 Seconds!" chants at least. I can see Piper running with that.

UberTag

It's actually an interesting tactic because keeping him out of the ring until he gets his title rematch will give the match some psychology of "was the last time a fluke, can Daniel Bryan overcome disappointment? ect, ect."

Though I'm sure WWE isn't thinking that far ahead and are just keeping him off tv to annoy all of you.
Who says D-Brine is getting a rematch? I know they've been downright slavish about honoring rematch clauses of late but there's no defined rule that says they have to give him one.

Did Bob Backlund get a rematch against Kevin Nash after jobbing the WWE title away to Diesel in 8 seconds? Nope.

Wait, Smackdown is live tonight?

And as a bonus the few good parts of Raw should be shoved into some sort of Raw rebound highlight reel, you can kill two birds with one stone. As opposed to killing yourself which may happen if you witnessed certain parts of Raw.

Killed with laughter of course from HILARIOUS slapstick!

somedevil

Who says D-Brine is getting a rematch? I know they've been downright slavish about honoring rematch clauses of late but there's no defined rule that says they have to give him one.

Did Bob Backlund get a rematch against Kevin Nash after jobbing the WWE title away to Diesel in 8 seconds? Nope.

He said he had a rematch clause in his promo last week. So he is going to use it but the question is when are they going to do it?

The WWE has to realize they have something with him. He is cutting the best promos week after week and has fans support but you know it comes down to one man to see if he gets push he deserves:

Jade1.png

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

If they don't give D Brine a rematch at Extreme Rules you know Chicago is going to riot.

Well they're not going to riot, but they will be chanting "DANIEL BRYAN" and "YES" all night. Depending on Vince's mood that night he might call him in and Chicago will create another huge star or Chicago will be joining Canada in his shit list.

Vince doesn't want to do a rematch against Sheamus in Chicago because it's a smark crowd and Sheamus will get booed out of the building against him. Maybe Piper can tell Daniel Bryan he found a new woman for him and roll out Mae Young who grabs him and gives him a kiss.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Vince doesn't want to do a rematch against Sheamus in Chicago because it's a smark crowd and Sheamus will get booed out of the building against him. Maybe Piper can tell Daniel Bryan he found a new woman for him and roll out Mae Young who grabs him and gives him a kiss.

What's sad is that this is probably going to happen.

sadpeyton.jpg

Brock losing at Extreme Rules confirmed.

hertog

Final rating is out from pwinsider.com

"The 4/9 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating with 4,286,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.07 and 3.12."

Horrible. Money for Brock down the drain. No more money draws after Vince ruined Rock. Bandaid on the gunshot wound didn't hold.

that's what you get for not promoting the hell out of the hottest thing going today

flld03.gif

Clegg

Final rating is out from pwinsider.com

"The 4/9 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating with 4,286,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.07 and 3.12."

Horrible. Money for Brock down the drain. No more money draws after Vince ruined Rock. Bandaid on the gunshot wound didn't hold.

Put the belt back on Cena.

The WWE needs its biggest draw to steady those ratings

Then FE Ziggler. He adds nothing to Raw.

Top Bottom