• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Razorskin

----- ------
Put the belt back on Cena.

The WWE needs its biggest draw to steady those ratings

Then FE Ziggler. He adds nothing to Raw.

DXqDi.gif

Clegg

I will guitar to the head* you into oblivion.

*fixed for Double J'd
Don't worry brah, we'll bring back HHH.

Put him in the opening slot. His promos will bring the audiences back.

He'll need to reassert his dominance after his loss to the Undertaker though.

Before Ziggler goes his last job will be to put HHH over.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i got a text from the vice president of talent relations AND the general manager of monday night raw and friday night smackdown. Daniel Bryan and Roddy Piper tonight.

shit is gonna be gdlk

UberTag

Vince doesn't want to do a rematch against Sheamus in Chicago because it's a smark crowd and Sheamus will get booed out of the building against him. Maybe Piper can tell Daniel Bryan he found a new woman for him and roll out Mae Young who grabs him and gives him a kiss.
Dude, we can't have that.
I already booked Mae to win the Divas title from Beth tonight.
She'll then have an in-character heart attack, Cole and Jerry will use their Owen Hart voices and the championship will be retired.

Clegg

Clegg is either a bad troll or one of those players wears this on his Xbox avatar

isivMsuskhYku.png

I don't have an xbox.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the title back to Cena.

Hes the biggest star they have. He needs to be visible at all times.

Do you really think that Daniel Bryan will ever be a main event draw?

Nah man, thats what Cena is there for.

Striker

"He needs to be visible at all times."

He's not? News to me! Through his feud with Nexus to his promos with Rock, it all overshadowed the WWE title no matter if CM Punk was carrying it, or anybody else. Cena is always on top of the show's headlines, stories, and will be shown first at all times. You're acting like since he doesn't hold a title, which he does not need, he isn't given the proper 'star' treatment.

Nah man, thats what Cena is there for.

And then what happens when Cena goes off to be a big Hollywood movie star? *snigger* Or pursue a career in MMA? *guffaw*

Regardless of how much of a draw Cena is or isn't, there's no quick fix to WWE's situation - they need to elevate new stars to Cena's level, and protecting him against everyone but returning movie & MMA stars is helping no one.

dream

Oh man, the TMZ writeup makes it sound even funnier:

According to the report, police confronted Scott -- who appeared heavily intoxicated with an "unknown white secretion flowing from both sides of his mouth" -- but he denied ever getting violent.

0410-scott-hall-arrest-florida-mugshot-1.jpg

god I love this stuff.

Clegg

And then what happens when Cena goes off to be a big Hollywood movie star? *snigger* Or pursue a career in MMA? *guffaw*

Regardless of how much of a draw Cena is or isn't, there's no quick fix to WWE's situation - they need to elevate new stars to Cena's level, and protecting him against everyone but returning movie & MMA stars is helping no one.

Thats a sound idea except the WWE has made absolutely zero effort in trying to make new stars in the last few years. Punk got over and then HHH got in on the feud. Punk is a main event wrestler now but his momentum was killed during the HHH/Nash thing.

Ziggler could get over but hes still being treated as a midcarder. Sheamus will never be as big as Cena/Orton either. So who do they really have?

For better or for worse, the WWE have pinned their mast to Cena.

One of the worst things they ever did was fail to push Jericho correctly. He became the first ever Undisputed champion, that should have been a huge deal. Instead, they made him Stephanies bitch and he did the job to HHH at Mania. It took Jericho years to recover from that. He only really became a main event wrestler during his feud with Shawn Michaels in 2008.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
15 minutes until...

SHEAMUS TO FACE THE MUSIC TONIGHT

Amidst rumors and speculation swirling around the fate of World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus – following his controversial assault on WWE Referee Chad Patton last Friday – GM John Laurinaitis will reveal the full extent of The Great White’s punishment on tonight’s SuperSmackDown, LIVE on Syfy at 8/7 CT.

dream

dream, how do you feel about Brock Lesnar not being a draw after yesterday's ratings came out?

It's a little surprising considering what a monster draw he was in UFC, but it's probably for the best. Can you imagine the reaction of UFC fans who followed Brock to Monday Night Raw SuperShow and got to see horrifically insulting bullshit like Funkasaurus Rex, Lord Tensai, The Three Stooges, and CM Drunk?

Meltzer did bring up a good point in last week's Obs though:

Eight matches, or 20, or 30, is a lot to make you just part of the show, and with the kind of money he’s getting, that’s what he never should be. That’s the secret of why he drew so big his entire UFC run. He was never a frequent character and every fight was a big deal and meant something.

Basically, WWE just took the biggest draw in UFC history and turned him into just another guy.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting caught up on Raw from the past 2 weeks... Vince had to be annoyed with the crowd chanting "We Want Lesnar!" during Cena's speech on 4/2. Also, is Lord Tensai on Wrestle Crap yet? I love Cole talking about how he did some research and discovered Tensai is a former WWE star. Really? NO SHIT!

It's a little surprising considering what a monster draw he was in UFC, but it's probably for the best. Can you imagine the reaction of UFC fans who followed Brock to Monday Night Raw SuperShow and got to see horrifically insulting bullshit like Funkasaurus Rex, Lord Tensai, The Three Stooges, and CM Drunk?

Meltzer did bring up a good point in last week's Obs though:

Basically, WWE just took the biggest draw in UFC history and turned him into just another guy.

Definitely. They are having his first match at a ppv that typically draws the worst or 2nd worst buyrate of the year just a few weeks after everyone already spent their money on Wrestlemania. Not only that, but they are trying to bring in a more mature fan, but still doing the same stupid pg shit and crap like 3 stooges. The downfall will be fun to watch though, just not for the reasons they intend.

dream

Definitely. They are having his first match at a ppv that typically draws the worst or 2nd worst buyrate of the year just a few weeks after everyone already spent their money on Wrestlemania. Not only that, but they are trying to bring in a more mature fan, but still doing the same stupid pg shit and crap like 3 stooges. The downfall will be fun to watch though, just not for the reasons they intend.

Yeah, I'm confuzzled by that. You'd think they would, at least, hold Brock's first match off until Summerslam.

Top Bottom