• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Vince has already registered that name for Sheamus.
The only true Big Red Sexy.

kane_bio_display_image.jpg

RBH

Bischoff is still stuck in 1998 with his childish swipes at others.

He conveniently doesn't mention anything about TNA's 8,500-9,000 average for PPV buyrates. :)

SoulPlaya

more money than God

He conveniently doesn't mention anything about TNA's 8,500-9,000 average for PPV buyrates. :)
To be fair, he has never cared about PPV buys. He's the head of a TV production company, which TNA helps promote. His only concern is ratings.

DMczaf

Bischoff gave away Goldberg vs Hogan on Nitro.

You think he has ever cared about buyrates?

Kaladin

Colt is overrated. Is he better then some WWE guys? Sure...But is he some unbelievable talent that has to be hired? No...Hiring guys on looks alone is retarded, but you can't say it doesn't work when you have Cena and guys like Batista carry the company for years. Being a good wrestler is half the battle for WWE.

I'm one of the bigger Colt Cabana fans here and I actually agree with you, but for a slightly different reason. I have always said that Colt has a talent that doesn't come across well on products geared towards television audiences. Colt's biggest talent is to play the live audience. You can't do that in WWE and you can kind of do that in TNA but it's limited....and I think ROH is loosing that aspect of their shows. He probably is more charismatic than most on WWE, TNA or ROH rosters, but once he looses the ability to work the crowd, he's kinda neutered. He's pretty much content working how he is working now so I don't expect him to try to go back to WWE or TNA.

I'm one of the bigger Colt Cabana fans here and I actually agree with you, but for a slightly different reason. I have always said that Colt has a talent that doesn't come across well on products geared towards television audiences. Colt's biggest talent is to play the live audience. You can't do that in WWE and you can kind of do that in TNA but it's limited....and I think ROH is loosing that aspect of their shows. He probably is more charismatic than most on WWE, TNA or ROH rosters, but once he looses the ability to work the crowd, he's kinda neutered. He's pretty much content working how he is working now so I don't expect him to try to go back to WWE or TNA.

Colt's comedy got over with Japanese crowds, and he's pretty much Santino but 10x better. He'd fit in the WWE and be a terrific mid-card contender/enhancement talent. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. He even said it would've been fine if they didn't make him main event, he just wanted do his shtick in the mid card and make people laugh.

Kyoufu

Actually, what I read on PWInsider last year was that they refused to sign Colt to punish Punk for speaking his mind/shooting on their crap.

No idea if that is actually the reason but I wouldn't doubt it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Actually, what I read on PWInsider last year was that they refused to sign Colt to punish Punk for speaking his mind/shooting on their crap.

No idea if that is actually the reason but I wouldn't doubt it.
Lol, I highly doubt they're punishing Punk. Colt was signed, they didn't like him, and he was released. What would be the point of signing him anyway? They already have Santino, and they don't need anymore joke characters, considering how little time they spend developing everyone else, anyway. They would sign him, not give him any chance to shine, and he would be released soon afterwards.

Lol, I highly doubt they're punishing Punk. Colt was signed, they didn't like him, and he was released. What would be the point of signing him anyway? They already have Santino, and they don't need anymore joke characters, considering how little time they spend developing everyone else, anyway. They would sign him, not give him any chance to shine, and he would be released soon afterwards.

Just like the first time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lol, I highly doubt they're punishing Taker. Kane was signed, they didn't like him, and he was released. What would be the point of signing him anyway? They already have Mysterio, and they don't need anymore joke characters, considering how little time they spend developing everyone else, anyway. They would sign him, not give him any chance to shine, and he would be released soon afterwards.

idk

As I was reading the thing about Colt and Alex Riley, it reminded me of back in 2010 when Punk guest commentated on Raw and how he was pretty brutal to Riley regarding his DUI. Maybe he was taking out a bit of this Colt frustration then?

DMczaf

SoulPlaya, I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to recreate Snowglobe Kliq, but with Kane. It won't work. It can't work.

You are being generous with those buyrates. I think they average about 7,000 now:) Bischoff is an idiot. He would get rid of ppv if he could and will probably convince Dixie/Spike to stop doing them eventually.

Top Bottom