• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

You guys are stuck in the past, the Snowglobe clique is history.

Its gone like the attitudinal era.

Were in the today, I propose my own clique, THE CARD CLIQUE!

We'd uh...we'd...put our avatars in card frames.

I don't think that's in the...cards
Jade1.png

Jamie OD

There's a Smackdown house show happening here in Dublin tonight and I'm going to get a ticket. They'll have some sort of Sheamus Vs Bryan match so the crowd will be off the charts for that with Sheamus being the hometown hero. Besides that, I don't see much else on the Smackdown roster to get excited about. Maybe a Colons Vs Usos tag match. Should be a fun night out though.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's a Smackdown house show happening here in Dublin tonight and I'm going to get a ticket. They'll have some sort of Sheamus Vs Bryan match so the crowd will be off the charts for that with Sheamus being the hometown hero. Besides that, I don't see much else on the Smackdown roster to get excited about. Maybe a Colons Vs Usos tag match. Should be a fun night out though.

Expect plenty of sound recorders then. Vince is in dire need of Sheamus chants to pipe into Smackdown tapings.

sajj316

Ryback!!!!

Striker

Oh, I dunno, Bryan turned out a pretty damn good heel, I'd wager Dean Ambrose is pretty fucking amazing compared to Bully Ray. Kevin Steen is maybe the best heel in the business atm as far as I'm concerned.

Mind you, I said nothing bad about Bully Ray and him getting a push is just fine, although strange as their current champ is a heel and a face champ for a while would make sense. But he's definatly not the best heel in all of wrestling.
I don't know what goes on in ROH or anything, but in terms of WWE/TNA, Bully Ray is definitely in that area. WWE doesn't book their heels properly, so it's difficult to keep them high and thought to be "hey, I think he'll definitely win here" type of thinking. Henry had that going for a little while, but he faced the Big Show, meh.

hertog

Think I'm gonna buy my first WWE shirt. It's gonna be Bryan's Yes! Yes! Yes!-shirt.

I'd be sure if they disn't do everything in their power to push that goddamn Sheamus :(

jmdajr

Think I'm gonna buy my first WWE shirt. It's gonna be Bryan's Yes! Yes! Yes!-shirt.

I'd be sure if they disn't do everything in their power to push that goddamn Sheamus :(

I really don't have any Wrestling apparel outside a few PPV event t-shirts my wife got me when we attended. (like two)

I feel shamed but I don't own a single HHH t-shirt or action figure :(

Just started April 2000 in Wrestling rewatch.

Big Show has flopped between Face and Heel several time since he debuted 12 months ago. :\ He's currently in his Comedy Phase, which is frankly amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwriLSEBmwc

I'm currently in April 2000. Haven't been watching WCW, but obviously I haven't been missing much. It really went to shit in 2000, from what I understand.

March 2000 in WWF was awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of Wrestlemania 2000, though. Main event should have been HHH vs. Rock. Show added nothing and I liked Foley's exit at No Way Out a month earlier a lot better. It seemed like they were hellbent on the whole "McMahon in every corner" thing, though. The ladder match stole the show. There was a crazy spot every second it seemed.

I thought Hunter was awesome at this point. Top heel in the company, and doing a damn good job at it. He hogged the fuck out of TV time (I'm watching Raw and Smackdown, this mother fucker is EVERYWHERE), but this was at least back in his prime... no excuse to be doing it in 2012...

Mid card was getting stacked too. Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Rikishi, X-Pac, Road Dogg... not to mention the tag team division was forming into the greatest of all time. With Billy Gunn out, the New Age Outlaws passed the torch to the Dudleys, Hardys, Edge and Christian, Acolytes and 2 Cool. This is a point in wrestling history where you can watch an entire episode of Raw or Smackdown and not get bored.

I look forward to every episode I watch. Why can't they just refer to this today and do it again? I'm not even talking about the "attitude" thing. Every character is so damn likable (or hate-able). Storylines are interesting. They have a pay off. Guys knew how to cut a promo. So good!

Just seen this amongst the Kane pictures (W T F).

Yeah, I'm really enjoying HHH's Heel run at the moment. I forgot how naturally it seemed to happen, such a great bit of character building. I feel like this is the best the undercard has ever been at the moment. I'm sure that'll change in 2001 when all the WCW guys appear.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Clearly that's just Kevin Nash in Kane's clothes. YOU FOOLIN' NOBODY, NASH!
The real Kevin Nash.

37.jpg

I have a confession, i've never seen see no evil, one could say I've seen no evil.

Yet i've seen The Marine and 12 Rounds, I don't know what to believe in any more! (12 rounds is actually kind of fun)
It's an alright movie. Very predictable, nothing special, but outside of the Condemned, it's probably WWE's best film. It's just cool to see Kane in it, without much interference.

Man I think its safe to say we will never see Steiner IN TNA again. Jesus talk about burning bridges, while dropping the truth. He did the same when he left the E.

What the hell??

One day I'm going to queue up all the WWE movies on Netflix and watch them back to back. Not sure if its going to be a day when I'm feeling sad or insanely happy.

Man I think its safe to say we will never see Steiner IN TNA again. Jesus talk about burning bridges, while dropping the truth. He did the same when he left the E.

What the hell??

He should go to ROH.

I can't be alone in thinking that Steiner in ROH would be goddamn glorious? He'd get such instant heat from the ROH crowd, especially after cutting a few incoherent shoot promos on Cornette, Richards, etc. Plus, Steiner vs Steen; "HE'S FAT!".

It's an alright movie. Very predictable, nothing special, but outside of the Condemned, it's probably WWE's best film. It's just cool to see Kane in it, without much interference.

That reminds me that i've seen condemned as well which was also tolerable, though I can't say I plan to witness more WWE films in my lifetime, sorry Kane.

Ultratech

That reminds me that i've seen condemned as well which was also tolerable, though I can't say I plan to witness more WWE films in my lifetime, sorry Kane.

Condemned was alright. Worth watching every once in a while.

See No Evil was just ok. Watch it once and that's it.

Saw The Marine once. That's it as far as WWE movies go.

He should go to ROH.

I can't be alone in thinking that Steiner in ROH would be goddamn glorious? He'd get such instant heat from the ROH crowd, especially after cutting a few incoherent shoot promos on Cornette, Richards, etc. Plus, Steiner vs Steen; "HE'S FAT!".

Even if this is a joke, its a great idea. The insane heat would be amazing to watch. They'd just want to crush him for being in WCW/WWE/TNA. He could do his whole genetic freak gimmick too as that'd piss them off.

BOOTAAAY BOOOK IIIIIT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470022

Look at these marks marking for each other.

GAF Slammys.

full disclosure, i searched the page for my name. i was pleasantly surprised to see i got 1 hit, until i realised it was at the top of the page where it says 'Welcome, plagiarize'.

plagiarize: on nobody's radar since May 2006.

further disclosure: don't pity nominate me now.

yet more disclosure: i just said that so that going forwards when no one mentions me, i can think 'ah yes, they like me so much they respected my request'.

final disclosure: WRASSLIN OPINIONS.

One day I'm going to queue up all the WWE movies on Netflix and watch them back to back. Not sure if its going to be a day when I'm feeling sad or insanely happy.

that reads sort of like 'one day i'm just going to line up all the painkillers and swallow them all one after another'.

i enjoyed See No Evil, but have no desire to rewatch it. Kane was good in it. it was the right sort of project with the right person in the lead role. they've never been able to repeat that really.

Top Bottom