• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Does that mean that
Darren Young and Titus won NXT?

Well NXT hasn't even been a competition in 6 or 7 months has it? It's been going on over a fucking year already. Darren Young is garbage though. Don't know why he'd get the call up before Bateman, Curtis(his new character with Maxine is decent), or Percy Watson, who has the most natural charisma of anyone on the show and always gets reactions from the crowd.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Does that mean that
Darren Young and Titus won NXT?

I thought the winner of this season's NXT went on to participate in the next season of NXT. Or was that thrown out the window? It probably was.

canadian crowe said:
* There is backstage segment involving John Laurinaitis, Teddy Long, Aksana, and a debuting Antonio Cesaro.

Ok no more spoilers for me. This Smackdown sounds awesome.

Kaladin

Smackdown just got even better:

* There is backstage segment involving John Laurinaitis, Teddy Long, Aksana, and a debuting Antonio Cesaro.

tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo3_400.gif

This should make people happy

William Regal and Teddy Long were shown backstage. Teddy has been dressed beefeater and isn't allowed to speak. Antiono Cesaro was introduced to John Laurinaitis, who took him inside his office to discuss a contract. Aksana was also with Laurinaits and the story is that Johnny is hiring new talent for Smackdown.

This should make people happy

William Regal and Teddy Long were shown backstage. Teddy has been dressed beefeater and isn't allowed to speak. Antiono Cesaro was introduced to John Laurinaitis, who took him inside his office to discuss a contract. Aksana was also with Laurinaits and the story is that Johnny is hiring new talent for Smackdown.

I'm really looking forward to this, but i hope
that they don't just throw new talent on every week.

Aiii

So not worth it
The new Best and Worst of Raw is up: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/04/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-41612

Best: David Otunga’s Reinvention Of The Lateral Press

What Happened: David Otunga was going to cover Santino, and Santino would avoid the three count by putting his foot on the ropes. Otunga dropped down and realized he was gonna be in the way of Santino’s leg, so as to not f**k up the finish he moved to the other side.

What We Saw: hup, hold on, whoops, wait, no, I got it, hold on
david-otunga-lateral-press.gif

hup, hold on

Alternate Theory: He had so much baby oil on his chest he couldn’t make a cover without slipping around like that. Seriously, look at this:
david-otunga-baby-oil.gif

The inside of that cape has got to be the grossest thing ever. When it hits the stage it should slither away like a snake.

Aiii

So not worth it
4 minutes late man, and I'm posting from an iPad and including two gifs.

You're like the TNA version of Jeff Hardy of WrassleGAF, slow as fk. ;)

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

The main event was announced as Sheamus, Randy Orton, and The Great Khai vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan came out to cut a promo. He received a great pop to start the show. He delivered a good promo about his Extreme Rules pay-per-view match with Sheamus. There were a lot of "Yes!" chants. A.J. interrupted to talk to Bryan about their problems. Bryan was in proper heel mode and said he wishes she had never been born. He left A.J. in the ring crying.

1. Natalya beat A.J. by DQ. A.J. snapped and attacked Natalya. A.J. was disqualified for ignoring the ref's count while attacking her in the corner. Natalya bled and the paramedics had to clean it up with towels. It looked like hard way blood.

Damien Sandow was shown on the big screen and he delivered a speech.

2. Brodus Clay (w/Hornswoggle) beat Hunico (w/Camacho). A squash match. Brodus won with a big splash. Afterward, Hornswoggle hit the tadpole splash. Everyone loves Brodus, as he and Hornswoggle were super over. Hunico got some respectable heat when he came out too.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young were shown backstage with Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis confirmed that they have been signed to Smackdown.

Matt Striker interviewed Randy Orton backstage. They recapped his problems with Kane. Orton revealed that they will meet in a Falls Count Anywhere match at Extreme Rules.

3. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young defeated The Uso Brothers. Titus got the pin for his team after a tag team finisher that was similar to the Hart Attack Clothesline, only with Young jumping off the top rope before hitting the clothesline.

4. Alberto Del Rio pinned Big Show in a non-title match. Big pops for both wrestlers. Cody Rhodes ran in and hit Show with the Beautiful Disaster kick while the referee was distracted. Show was mad and went after Cody, who escaped through the crowd.

5. Ryback beat Danny Merman. Ryback won the squash with the same finisher he's been using. He received no reaction and got some boos as the match went on. The crowd seemed to feel sorry for the local wrestler. Ryback looks intense. He just doesn't connect with the audience.

The six-man tag main event match introductions started. Cody Rhodes attacked The Great Khali. Khali limped back to the locker room.

6. Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Big Show defeated Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, and Cody Rhodes. It was going to be a handicap match, but Big Show came out to take Khali's place. Shemaus took the beatdown from the heels early on. It was a lengthy match with the faces each eventually taking beatings from the heels. There were a lot of "Yes!" and "We Want Bryan" and even some "Bryan Sucks" chants. Orton hit the RKO on Henry and pinned him to win the match.

The television show ends with the three babyfaces celebrating. It was a really good match that the crowd was really into. Orton and Bryan are super over.

Made an awesome friend mania weekend from Austria named Wolfgang. Here's a conversation between Wolfgang and my buddy Max at the hotel bar where they had Wrestlereunion.

Max: Oh look, it's Gregory Helms
Wolfgang (in an awesome Austrian accent): Do you know who I fucking hate? Gregory Helms. *points to another guy* And that guy in the green lantern shirt can go fuck him too.

It was awesome.

The 4/16 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating, with 4,336,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.05 and 3.11 while the viewership rose by 34,000 people from hour one to hour two.

pwinsider.com

Looks like things leveled off this week. Good news for them I guess?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's okay! I hear Kane will be in tag team action tonight on NWA tuesday night Totality!
I should take a break from studying for this Organic Chemistry exam to peek in, then. Kane has carried a lot of losers to the promised land. Let's see what he can do.

Thanks for posting the info for the El Generico dvd, djsandman. I may pick it up when I'm in Chicago for Synergy. Speaking of, here's another match that I just noticed was added to the Chikara card:

Crazy8.jpg

Ultra Mantis Black and 3.0 on the same team!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be a good match. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bravados live.

Looks like Generico's partner is BJ Whitmer. That is....unexpected

That is...AWESOME! I'm a big fan of Whitmer from his old ROH run and IWA-MS & HWA days, so it's great to see him back in ROH again. He's been great since returning to wrestling last year, I loved his match against Kingston in AIW, and Whitmer vs Aaron Epic from Midwest Wrestling's debut show.

Also, Generico & Whitmer should make for a good tag team - loved it when he was teaming with Jacobs back in the day.

I'm with Bootaaay. From what I've seen from him live in AIW I'm pumped that Whitmer is going to be Generico's partner. Good choice ROH.

Made an awesome friend mania weekend from Austria named Wolfgang. Here's a conversation between Wolfgang and my buddy Max at the hotel bar where they had Wrestlereunion.

Max: Oh look, it's Gregory Helms
Wolfgang (in an awesome Austrian accent): Do you know who I fucking hate? Gregory Helms. *points to another guy* And that guy in the green lantern shirt can go fuck him too.

It was awesome.

Wolfgang was beyond awesome. How cool was it when we randomly saw him at mania? I can't wait to see that guy again next year.

bart jr

Neo Member
I'm with Bootaaay. From what I've seen from him live in AIW I'm pumped that Whitmer is going to be Generico's partner. Good choice ROH.

I didn't mean to come off sounding too disappointed or anything like that. I guess it was coming from me expecting Corino to be his partner. I never took into consideration the fact that Whitmer and Jacobs have history together. And honestly I really would rather see Whitmer than Corino

Cagey

Banned
david-otunga-baby-oil.gif

I wish there were a class in law school, or someone in the various career services departments, that could teach me how to become this guy.

somedevil

For the people who watch ROH do you guys agree with Austin Aries critique of the current product?

TNA star Austin Aries, the only man to ever hold the ROH World title twice, recently spoke to Sports Vibe UK to promote this past weekend's TNA LockDown pay-per-view. During the interview, Aries had a harsh critique of today's Ring of Honor product, saying it's a far cry from its glory days:

"I'll be really honest with you, the Ring of Honor today is not anything like the Ring of Honor that the likes of C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, and myself came from. Obviously they are still operating under the same name, but the company has changed so much over the years and it's really a shell of it's former self in terms of the vision and thought process."

He added, "The original Ring of Honor and the Ring of Honor today are two completely different things, I like to call it Smokey Mountain of Honor."

Aside from the creative aspect of the company being in bad shape, Aries also thinks [the lack of] money is a big issue that could lead to ROH losing it's most important asset - talent.

"There is no money in Ring of Honor, and that means they will only be able to secure talent for a certain amount of time before they move somewhere else."

I wish there were a class in law school, or someone in the various career services departments, that could teach me how to become this guy.

Advanced legal studies, bodybuilding, and celebrity courting
The waitlist is huge though

For the people who watch ROH do you guys agree with Austin Aries critique of the current product?

I agree to an extent. Jim Cornette is very good at putting on a specific product, but he doesn't have the vision or imagination of Paul Heyman or Gabe.

I didn't mean to come off sounding too disappointed or anything like that. I guess it was coming from me expecting Corino to be his partner. I never took into consideration the fact that Whitmer and Jacobs have history together. And honestly I really would rather see Whitmer than Corino

I thought you were just surprised by the selection, wanted to put you at ease my friend.

From a current storyline standpoint Corino would have made more sense. I think this will be more of a thing were Generico picked Whitmer because he knows Jacobs well and will be able to "counter act" him. I think Corino might get reintroduced at a later date, possibly after Steen wins the title.

Just got back from Smackdown/NXT/Superstars.

Lots of fun. There was a brilliant bryan promo during smackdown, but I won't go into spoilers.

Dark matches were Orton vs Kane, and Dbri vs Sheamus. Bryan got on the microphone and said that the match wouldn't be the same as mania, NO NO NO, it wouldn't last only 18 seconds. He really got the crowd into it. We could all see what was coming, he lost the match to the brogue kick in about five seconds as he turned round from handing the microphone out.

Sheamus & Bryan were both super-over. A lot of us chanted for Ricardo Rodriguez when he came down to introduce del rio, and there were some loud sexual chocolate chants for henry.

I'm not really a big orton/big show fan, but I must say seeing them live is quite something. orton was a cut above everyone else, just in the way he moved & reacted to the fans & such.

All in all I had a blast.

Wow, TNA must be pretty desperate.

I miss bob holness :(

Holy shit, these guys are so generic we literally can't tell them apart

They're also the tag-team champions. Who get random-jobbed on a weekly basis

Top Bottom