• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

aj-lee-wwe.jpg

G-Fex

Fex you'd be into her if she had a show on Nickelodeon.

They didn't have any recent pics of the superior Kaitlyn

ok I did go into those threads for the girls (til I found out the horrible well not so surprising truth in that one amanda bynes thread)

but honestly never really watched the shows, they're trash.

Khrno

This was quite an entertaining RAW, stupid skits were kept to a minimum, so that's a plus, the crowd was fantastic most of the time. The Rock got me used to the via-satellite promos, so I was ok with Jericho and Lesnar stuff.

I give RAW this week:

+4 YES! for Bryan
+2 YES! for the crowd
+1 YES! for AJ smiling after the match
+1 YES! for Kane.

8 YES! out of 10

tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo3_400.gif

krae_man

Punk and Ziggler need to move to Smackdown. They have no chance of getting out of the mid card till after Wrestlemania 29. Cena, Rock and Brock have the main event locked up for the next year.

Well I guess Punk will have one main event match when he loses the WWE title to one of them.

Kyoufu

Punk and Ziggler need to move to Smackdown. They have no chance of getting out of the mid card till after Wrestlemania 29. Cena, Rock and Brock have the main event locked up for the next year.

Well I guess Punk will have one main event match when he loses the WWE title to one of them.

We said this before WM28... nothing has changed and nothing ever will change.

IVPvideos.com is offering free downloads of the 'Best of Chris Hero in Japan' compilation until Monday;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8131?osCsid=9976647dcacbf54c0c7d3ec71251a67b

Chris Hero & MASADA vs. Ryuji Ito & Daiuske Sekimoto
Chris Hero & Doug Williams vs. Yoshinori Ota & Mohammed Yone
Chris Hero, Bobby Fish & Bison Smith vs. Ricky Marvin, Takeshi Rikio & Akitoshi Saito
Chris Hero & The Briscoe Brothers vs. KENTA, Akitoshi Saito & Taiji Ishimori
Chris Hero vs. Takashi Okita
Chris Hero vs. Go Shiozaki
Chris Hero vs. Yoshihiro Takayama
Chris Hero vs. Akihiko Ito
Chris Hero, Bison Smith & Eddie Edwards vs. Kenta Kobashi, Tamon Honda & Akihiko Ito
Chris Hero vs. Takashi Suguira
Chris Hero vs. Kensuke Sasaki

Striker

Punk is still WWE champ and gets viable time. They definitely could help Dolph out by moving him. He gets nowhere on RAW, which was expected because of their awful writing on the show. Another reason why somebody like Cody shouldn't move over, either. He would get the same, awful treatment.

bart jr

Neo Member
Thanks for posting the info for the El Generico dvd, djsandman. I may pick it up when I'm in Chicago for Synergy. Speaking of, here's another match that I just noticed was added to the Chikara card:

Crazy8.jpg

Dolph and Swagger should just be dominant tag team champs showing up on both shows a la Jerishow until there's a main event spot ready for Dolph. As of right now he's been beaten by Punk 732 times and between Cody and Bryan there isn't room for another top tier cocky heel on Smackdown.

Khrno

Dolph and Swagger should just be dominant tag team champs showing up on both shows a la Jerishow until there's a main event spot ready for Dolph. As of right now he's been beaten by Punk 732 times and between Cody and Bryan there isn't room for another top tier cocky heel on Smackdown.

But why build a credible tag team division, when they can just throw in Big Show and Khali together and beat the unknown tag champions.

bart jr

Neo Member
Punk is still WWE champ and gets viable time. They definitely could help Dolph out by moving him. He gets nowhere on RAW, which was expected because of their awful writing on the show. Another reason why somebody like Cody shouldn't move over, either. He would get the same, awful treatment.

I agree. I don't consider Punk mid-card at all. It's said that the opening match is supposed to set the pace for the show, and is sometimes just as important, if not more, than the main event. Every match that Punk has that opens Raw/PPV/whatever has been great. It's not his fault that what follows usually sucks. He's getting the time to do his thing without being rushed. I've honestly loved all these matches against Henry so far.

I don't even know if moving Dolph would help him. He'd probably get stuck in some crappy feud with Big Show or Randy Orton and won't get anywhere. The way that he has been booked, I'm afraid that when he gets his shot the crowd won't ever see him as a legitimate threat. It'd be great if we could bring back the King of the Ring PPV, or hell even make it a special Monday Night Raw or something, and let Ziggler or someone else deserving win it for a shot at the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow I'm still bummed that Tensai vs Tatsu never really happened properly. He got squashed. Should have built a storyline about that, let Tensai have a 1-3 month feud and come out looking like a monster, and give reasons why Tatsu would be on TV. Alas.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I have to say, I've never seen someone be made someone else's bitch so much as Ryder to Kane. Ryder was so over not that long ago, then they just had Kane crush him. It didn't even lead to a feud. Just squash him, and now the fans don't even care about Ryder anymore.

Sunflower said:
Yknow I'm still bummed that Tensai vs Tatsu never really happened properly. He got squashed. Should have built a storyline about that, let Tensai have a 1-3 month feud and come out looking like a monster, and give reasons why Tatsu would be on TV. Alas.

Also, it could have potentially got Tatsu over as a sympathetic baby-face, if done right. Have him keep standing up to Tensai and keep getting destroyed, but eventually he starts fighting back. Still not enough to ever defeat Tensai, but maybe just enough to make the crowd actually believe he has a chance once and make the monster show him a bit of respect - but I don't think they really care about pushing Yoshi at all, he's a perennial jobber/token Japanese wrestler.

Kyoufu

Card Mid Punk is a mid carder. Face the facts, the only time he gets main event is when Cena isn't on the PPV.

Second fiddle to Cena is not main event.

At least he got his own tour bus.

Also, it could have potentially got Tatsu over as a sympathetic baby-face, if done right. Have him keep standing up to Tensai and keep getting destroyed, but eventually he starts fighting back. Still not enough to ever defeat Tensai, but maybe just enough to make the crowd actually believe he has a chance once and make the monster show him a bit of respect - but I don't think they really care about pushing Yoshi at all, he's a perennial jobber/token Japanese wrestler.

Bah

That takes up time for potential Sherlock Truth skits, and Funkasaurus parties. Hush, Bootaaay, Vince knows what's good for you.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know you've become a parody of yourself, right?

Why don't you have a seat and I'll get you some help, Mr. Playa.
You're just mad that it's 2012, and Kane is hotter than ever. Let it go Net, come on down, and let your inner Kanenite free. You've been wanting to for years, just let go already.

UberTag

This was quite an entertaining RAW, stupid skits were kept to a minimum, so that's a plus, the crowd was fantastic most of the time. The Rock got me used to the via-satellite promos, so I was ok with Jericho and Lesnar stuff.

I give RAW this week:

+4 YES! for Bryan
+2 YES! for the crowd
+1 YES! for AJ smiling after the match
+1 YES! for Kane.

8 YES! out of 10
If one is to take Cranky Vince's Twitter at face value, Vince stayed home in Connecticut which probably explains why television may wind up good this week.

He'll be back to meddle for the live 3-hour RAW crapfest in Detroit next Monday.

bart jr

Neo Member
Second fiddle to Cena is not main event.

EVERYONE is second fiddle to Cena, dude. But like Striker said, CM Punk is still getting his time. He's not having shorter matches or anything like that just because Cena is on the show. Emphasis still gets placed on his storylines. He might not actively be wrestling last in main event matches, but he's still a main event caliber wrestler and is just as much of a draw in my opinion. He's not involved in these throwaway storylines that other actual mid-card wrestlers are involved in. Hell, most mid-card wrestlers don't even HAVE an actual storyline going on for them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me that feels that a main event-caliber wrestler doesn't necessarily have to wrestle in the main event week after week.

Khrno

If one is to take Cranky Vince's Twitter at face value, Vince stayed home in Connecticut which probably explains why television may wind up good this week.

He'll be back to meddle for the live 3-hour RAW crapfest in Detroit next Monday.

They probably sent him back to the US at Heathrow, you know, with being senile and all.

Kyoufu

EVERYONE is second fiddle to Cena, dude. But like Striker said, CM Punk is still getting his time. He's not having shorter matches or anything like that just because Cena is on the show. Emphasis still gets placed on his storylines. He might not actively be wrestling last in main event matches, but he's still a main event caliber wrestler and is just as much of a draw in my opinion. He's not involved in these throwaway storylines that other actual mid-card wrestlers are involved in. Hell, most mid-card wrestlers don't even HAVE an actual storyline going on for them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me that feels that a main event-caliber wrestler doesn't necessarily have to wrestle in the main event week after week.

You make good points, sir.

I like you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding Punk and main events, and all that.

The championship really doesn't need to be in his current feud - but could it really be with anyone else, and could anyone actually USE it for storyline?

bart jr

Neo Member
You make good points, sir.

I like you.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I just enjoy having folks to discuss Wrasslin' with.

Here is the card so far for ROH's show at Synergy. Teddy Long would have a heart attack:

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs Jigsaw & Hallowicked

Tag Team Challenge
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly

First Time Ever Tag Team Match
The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
"Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs vs El Generico & BJ Whitmer

ROH vs Chikara Trios Match - Lucha Libre Rules
Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant)

Tag Team Attraction
The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson vs The Bravados (Harlem & Lancelot Bravado)

Looks like Generico's partner is BJ Whitmer. That is....unexpected

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They're just pushing too much on too few people, and they have so few stars. On both shows, the only stories I even notice are Bryan/Sheamus, Cena/Brock, Jericho/Punk, Kane/Orton. Are there any other storylines that they are pushing heavily? For two shows worth, that's pretty bad. All these storylines also include main event guys.

Kaladin

Here is the card so far for ROH's show at Synergy. Teddy Long would have a heart attack:

I expected more inter-promotional matches. I guess there is room for two more on the card. I'm a big fan of the Briscoes, but I actually kind of want Jigsaw and Hallowicked to take the belts. I almost expect The Swarm to invade that trios match.

The main event should ALWAYS be the championship - it doesn't matter what other storylines are going on, that world heavyweight title match should be last on every PPV, regardless of whether it's Cena or Punk holding it. The belt needs to be built back up as something truly important, not just an accessory to be passed around on Vince's whims. The belt is storyline enough, which is why Jericho should have cost Punk the title before instigating this personal feud with him.

Also, what ever happened to no. 1 contenders? Or results mattering, for that matter? There's so many mid-card guys doing NOTHING, when they should be WRESTLING to improve their win records, become no. 1 contender and get a chance at the belts. Then, if someone costs them their chance to be no. 1 contender, for whatever reason, there's a feud right there, and the champion gets a steady stream of challengers for his belt, rather than just feuding back and forth with the same guy each month. No chance of dropping the title, no prestige added to the belt or the champion, and no chance for non-main event wrestlers to surprise people and shine in main event matches they wouldn't normally have received at that point in their careers.

Bah, I'll stop ranting now and just go watch some Japanese wrestling.

G-Fex

They're just pushing too much on too few people, and they have so few stars. On both shows, the only stories I even notice are Bryan/Sheamus, Cena/Brock, Jericho/Punk, Kane/Orton. Are there any other storylines that they are pushing heavily? For two shows worth, that's pretty bad. All these storylines also include main event guys.

I don't know, can Sheamus shoot fireballs?

Kaladin

The main event should ALWAYS be the championship - it doesn't matter what other storylines are going on, that world heavyweight title match should be last on every PPV, regardless of whether it's Cena or Punk holding it. The belt needs to be built back up as something truly important, not just an accessory to be passed around on Vince's whims. The belt is storyline enough, which is why Jericho should have cost Punk the title before instigating this personal feud with him.

Also, what ever happened to no. 1 contenders? Or results mattering, for that matter? There's so many mid-card guys doing NOTHING, when they should be WRESTLING to improve their win records, become no. 1 contender and get a chance at the belts. Then, if someone costs them their chance to be no. 1 contender, for whatever reason, there's a feud right there, and the champion gets a steady stream of challengers for his belt, rather than just feuding back and forth with the same guy each month. No chance of dropping the title, no prestige added to the belt or the champion, and no chance for non-main event wrestlers to surprise people and shine in main event matches they wouldn't normally have received at that point in their careers.

Bah, I'll stop ranting now and just go watch some Japanese wrestling.

It kinda looked like they were building the importance of the belt back up last year when Punk took it and they held that tournament to crown a new champion....but no, they fucked it up like everything else.

That is...AWESOME! I'm a big fan of Whitmer from his old ROH run and IWA-MS & HWA days, so it's great to see him back in ROH again. He's been great since returning to wrestling last year, I loved his match against Kingston in AIW, and Whitmer vs Aaron Epic from Midwest Wrestling's debut show.

Also, Generico & Whitmer should make for a good tag team - loved it when he was teaming with Jacobs back in the day.

djsandman said:
It kinda looked like they were building the importance of the belt back up last year when Punk took it and they held that tournament to crown a new champion....but no, they fucked it up like everything else.

Oh man, I forgot all about that - the way they hot-shotted the title back to Cena was pathetic.

Top Bottom