• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Brock Promo was good.

Ryder jobbed to Kane for what reason?

Kofi is a married man and he is trying to mack on AJ, Dabry putting everybody in their place in that segment.

Cena still no selling his feuds with the same smile for the last 5 years.

Cena makes this about Johnny Ace instead of Brock who busted his lips open.

Cena saying he will fight was the best part of his bit.

JA's theme is great.

Yes kick is awesome.

Go away Sheamus.

Dolph's buttcape will forever keep him jobber status. Mark my words, that buttcape is stained with the sweat of a thousand jobs.

edit:

Big Show and Khali tag team? Really?

And let's be honest the only reason you guys like Rosa is because of how well Primo and Epico sell her.

Who the fuck is AW, some shitty manager?

Tag champs job to two fatties with limited mobility, smh.

Tensai looks like a videogame boss character.

Tensai's bodyguard/whatever kicking Cena was funny.

Cena should go on a losing streak to get sympy from the crowd.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is Plywood doing a heel version of Heavy's old gimmick?
That explains the mustache.

EDIT: BTW, there's just something wrong about this pic. Something, but what?

3234708454_82916a1ba2.jpg

Jointly produced show from Big Japan Pro-Wrestling & Union Pro, featuring a 'Sanshiro Takagi Battle Royale', where all the participants are Sanshiro Takagi, then Ryuji Ito & Kankuro Hoshino of BJW take on Union Pro's Ken Ohka & Kengo Mashimo in a Hardcore Tag Match, while Union's Shuji Ishikawa & Shigehiro Irie facing off against the BJW team of Ikkitousen winner Yoshihito Sasaki & his partner Shinobu. Plus, in the main event Isami Kodaka defends his DDT Extreme Championship against BJW's Yuko Miyamoto in a Light-Tube Death Match;

BJW-x-UNION: JOINT PERFORMANCE, 03/29/2012
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
329 Spectators

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x20z26

01. Cherry & Great Kojika vs Mio Shirai & Takmui Tsukamoto

02. 'Black Angel' Jaki Numazawa vs Big Rude

SANSHIRO TAKAGI SPECIAL BATTLE ROYALE;

03. Sanshiro Takagi vs Sanshiro Takagi Big Buddy vs Love Sanshiro Takagi vs New Sanshiro Takagi vs Secret Sanshiro Takagi vs Sanshiro Takagi X

04. Daisuke Sekimoto vs Hiroshi Fukuda

HARDCORE TAG MATCH;

05. Ryuji Ito & Kankuro Hoshino vs Ken Ohka & Kengo Mashimo

06. Shuji Ishikawa & Shigehiro Irie vs Yoshihito Sasaki & Shinobu

DDT EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP LIGHT-TUBE DEATH MATCH;

07. Isami Kodaka (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto

hertog

RAW was pretty good.

So according to Lawler Chicago, Canada, England, Orlando and New York are all "bizarro land" now. Hopefully they'll never be in any Cena/Sheamus-loving territories again.

And why am I so afraid that they'll turn Bryan into Zack Ryder v2.0 :(

Because Vince loves pissing on people who dare to get over on their own. It's sickeningly sad to look back and see how gigantically over Zack was with nobody's help but his own, only to see him get squashed in one of the shittiest storylines in years.

Aiii

So not worth it
RAW was pretty good.

So according to Lawler Chicago, Canada, England, Orlando and New York are all "bizarro land" now. Hopefully they'll never be in any Cena/Sheamus-loving territories again.

Bizzaro Land for Lawler means he cannot fuck 15 year old girls without getting arrested.

Basically anywhere but Thailand and Nigeria.

Because Vince loves pissing on people who dare to get over on their own. It's sickeningly sad to look back and see how gigantically over Zack was with nobody's help but his own, only to see him get squashed in one of the shittiest storylines in years.

He's featured heavily, they focus on his yes-chants, they put him in prime promo's and matches on the show. I really wouldn't worry about Daniel Bryan at all, the man has arrived.

ZeroRay

Hopefully Vince thinks his genius idea to have Bryan lose in 18 seconds is what caused his rise in popularity.

Striker

It's only a matter of time before they screw something good up. Nexus started off great, but died not long after because of dipshit booking. CM Punk's "Summer of Punk" last what, a fucking week? People here have loved Bryan for a lengthy time, but he's now getting more quality TV time. Would be nice if he got longer matches, but that's WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's only a matter of time before they screw something good up. Nexus started off great, but died not long after because of dipshit booking. CM Punk's "Summer of Punk" last what, a fucking week? People here have loved Bryan for a lengthy time, but he's now getting more quality TV time. Would be nice if he got longer matches, but that's WWE.

Prediction time: D-Bry and Sheamus will get at least 40 minutes on Extreme Rules.

Kyoufu

Nexus was never good. I don't know what people saw in those NXT jobbers...

Amazing Wade Barrett and his goon squad.

Really thought they were well built for the first few months, their attacks on Vince, legends and top WWE stars made them look bigger than they had any right to. It was a great way to make use of what were mostly a bunch of rookie talent, certainly beats what most of them are doing now.

Teaser for a new Ian Rotten shoot, where he talks about stuff like whether or not he's still running IWA-MS despite selling up, his affair with Mickey Knuckles, why Bull Pain is the most ungrateful man in wrestling, Low Ki being difficult to work with, JC Bailey's father blaming Ian for JC's death and why TPI 2004 is 'the best wrestling show ever';

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjlN8mDVbLs

Striker

It's amazing what a simple writing of good booking will do. Barrett, Gabriel and Bryan were the only ones who were really good workers. Skip was a meathead. Slater was a skinny guy who tried to act big, and Tarver/Otunga were nothing better than mouth pieces (something they could've gotten by on with Barrett speaking).

Kyoufu

It's amazing what a simple writing of good booking will do. Barrett, Gabriel and Bryan were the only ones who were really good workers. Skip was a meathead. Slater was a skinny guy who tried to act big, and Tarver/Otunga were nothing better than mouth pieces (something they could've gotten by on with Barrett speaking).

Yep. I really enjoyed the Barrett Barrage but he was badly booked.

It's as if WWE doesn't want anyone to get over and be big stars. They hate money unless it's Cena printing the money for them. So weird.

Striker

His feuds with Cena and Orton were so laughably bad in the end. Orton gets taken out, comes back and makes Barrett look like a loser. Of course we all know how the Cena-Barrett one ended.

I can't actually remember how Orton/Barrett ended and that was like 3 months ago, did they even have a big finishing match for the rivalry?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Tarver had a fantastic look. But then he just HAD to talk about his children in a promo. I remember it so well...

"I'm doing this for my kids, so if you're watching, little Talitha, little Andy..."

"Oh, that's neat, he's talking to his kids."

"And little Jennifer, little Braden, little Kiwanis, and Jason, and Barry, and Wilbur, and Heather..."

"GOD DAMN HOW MANY KIDS DOES HE HAVE?!"

jmdajr

Anybody got an idea on the camera policy at a Lucha Libre USA show?

I want to bring my new DSLR with a telephoto lens (55-300mm). Be a great time to try out some action shots!

Kaladin

It does....interesting that they choose him for the PPV poster. He certainly won't wrestle on the show, might not even be on the show.

Sorry if I'm a little LTTP but I haven't been following RAW all that much but wanted to check out this Lord Tensai character, and WTF it's Prince Albert! What the hell is going on with WWE creative?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if I'm a little LTTP but I haven't been following RAW all that much but wanted to check out this Lord Tensai character, and WTF it's Prince Albert! What the hell is going on with WWE creative?

Lord Tensai is great! He belongs in 95 WCW. :(

The Tensai Tickler and Tensai Touch two-combo is so good.

Top Bottom