• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

AJPW, "Jr. TAG LEAGUE 2012 FINALS", 14.04.2012
Tokyo, Differ Ariake
1,000 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21142

Jr. TAG LEAGUE MATCH;

01. Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa [4] vs KAI & Gillette [2]

Jr. TAG LEAGUE MATCH;

02. Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato [5] vs BUSHI & SUSHI [4]

Jr. TAG LEAGUE MATCH;

03. Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka [5] vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo [4]

04. KENSO vs Masao Inoue

CHAMPION CARNIVAL PARTICIPATION MATCH;

05. Takumi Soya vs Yasufumi Nakanoue

CHAMPION CARNIVAL SPECIAL 8-MAN SKIRMISH TAG;

06. Suwama, Akebono, Manabu Soya & Masayuki Kono vs Takao Omori, Yutaka Yoshie, Seiya Sanada & Ryota Hama

07. AJPW Jr. TAG LEAGUE FINALS

BJW-x-UNION: JOINT PERFORMANCE, 03/29/2012 - Isami Kodaka (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto

KING OF TRIOS 2012 IS A GO!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Excellent, can't wait - King of Trios is easily the best US tournament of the year, really hope they pull out all the stops for this one. Also, it would be AMAZING if they did all 3 nights as an iPPV.

What outside teams are you guys hoping for? I'd like to see Osaka Pro return, Kotoge, Harada & Ultimo Spider Jr. Also, a Strong Big Japan team of Sekimoto, Okabayashi & Sasaki would be INSANE. I guess if the ROH stuff is still going on they could have an ROH team this year; The Briscoes & Michael Elgin would be my pick. Oh, and I hope we get 3.0'le! again.

Some info on a debuting superstars gimmick on this weeks smackdown.

As previously reported, Antonio Cesaro debuts on this week's WWE Smackdown in a segment with William Regal. Regal introduced Cesaro to John Laurinaitis during the segment. Cesaro's WWE gimmick will be that he is a European Rugby player.

At least it's something different and he's being pushed as a legit athlete. I could dig this.

Kaladin

KING OF TRIOS 2012 IS A GO!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo3_400.gif

Excellent, can't wait - King of Trios is easily the best US tournament of the year, really hope they pull out all the stops for this one. Also, it would be AMAZING if they did all 3 nights as an iPPV.

What outside teams are you guys hoping for? I'd like to see Osaka Pro return, Kotoge, Harada & Ultimo Spider Jr. Also, a Strong Big Japan team of Sekimoto, Okabayashi & Sasaki would be INSANE. I guess if the ROH stuff is still going on they could have an ROH team this year; The Briscoes & Michael Elgin would be my pick. Oh, and I hope we get 3.0'le! again.

It would be cool if there was a DGUSA team with Tozawa, BB Hulk, and Pac. Even though there not in the same faction I'd still mark out hard for that team.

Also they didnt mention where it's taking place, I'm holding out hope it's going to be somewhere else besides Philly.... Cleveland perhaps...

OZ Academy "A KINGDOM OF THE CHAOS", 25.03.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,064 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x211h7

01. Nao Komatsu vs Moeka Haruhi

02. Manami Toyota & Takako Inoue vs Yumi Ohka & Mio Shirai

03. Tsubasa Kuragaki vs Hiroyo Matsumoto

04. Toshie Uematsu & Ran Yu-Yu vs Carlos Amano & Tomoka Nakagawa

OZ ACADEMY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

05. Aja Kong & Sonoko Kato (c) vs AKINO & Ayumi Kurihara

OZ ACADEMY OPENWEIGHT TITLE, DRESS UP WILD FIGHT;

06. Mazumi Ozaki (c) vs Chikayo Nagashima

It would be cool if there was a DGUSA team with Tozawa, BB Hulk, and Pac. Even though there not in the same faction I'd still mark out hard for that team.

Yeah, that would be an amazing team - if they wanted to keep it to one faction though, I'd have no problem with a Mad Blankey team of Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Doi, or a WORLD-1 team of Yoshino, Dragon Kid & PAC.

OZ Academy "A KINGDOM OF THE CHAOS", 25.03.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,064 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x211h7

01. Nao Komatsu vs Moeka Haruhi

02. Manami Toyota & Takako Inoue vs Yumi Ohka & Mio Shirai

03. Tsubasa Kuragaki vs Hiroyo Matsumoto

04. Toshie Uematsu & Ran Yu-Yu vs Carlos Amano & Tomoka Nakagawa

OZ ACADEMY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

05. Aja Kong & Sonoko Kato (c) vs AKINO & Ayumi Kurihara

OZ ACADEMY OPENWEIGHT TITLE, DRESS UP WILD FIGHT;

06. Mazumi Ozaki (c) vs Chikayo Nagashima

Yeah, that would be an amazing team - if they wanted to keep it to one faction though, I'd have no problem with a Mad Blankey team of Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Doi, or a WORLD-1 team of Yoshino, Dragon Kid & PAC.

Doi is World-1 not Blankey. Ricochet, Pac, and Cima would be nice. Tozawa should also be a part. Maybe two DG teams. Or bring of the PWG team of Tozawa, Steen, and Super Dragon.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I hate Tensai's character but I've enjoyed watching him in the ring. His moves are devastating!

Doi is World-1 not Blankey. Ricochet, Pac, and Cima would be nice. Tozawa should also be a part. Maybe two DG teams. Or bring of the PWG team of Tozawa, Steen, and Super Dragon.

YES!.gif

I don't watch enough American or Japanese indy to suggest any other teams, but the bolded would be fantastic.

If the ROH thing is going strong at that point I'd like to see the Embassy, if only because we'd get a doubleshot of Archibald Peck/RD Evans

Free ROH match from Showdown in the Sun Night 2, featuring CHIKARA's Fire Ant facing off against 'Technical Lightning' T.J. Perkins;

T.J. Perkins vs Fire Ant - (ROH 03/31/12)

Heh, that's the trouble with faction warfare - I never remember who's in which faction. Ricochet, PAC & CIMA seems like the most likely team if Dragon Gate is involved.

Perspicacity said:
If the ROH thing is going strong at that point I'd like to see the Embassy, if only because we'd get a doubleshot of Archibald Peck/RD Evans

Lol, Archie pulling double duty as Peck & Evans would be comedy gold.

Wait a second...The Bravado Brothers encourage people to jump aboard 'The Bravado Bandwagon', while Archibald Peck is 'The Leader of the Band' - there's a team for King of Trios right there, The Bandwagon!

Between the youtube videos and the Road Rage TV episodes Ring of Honor is practically giving the Showdown in the Sun events away.

Yeah, I guess they're trying to build some good will after the technical problems that marred ROH's mania weekend.

Man, Scott Steiner really does not like Hogan;

"When hogan attacked Kurt Angle(who was the Tna champion at the time)both professionally n personally"

"That really crossed the line,and pissed alot of wrestlers off,saying kurt had two left feet is ridiculous considering"

"He is an Olympic Champion,kurt has two beautiful young children and for hogan to say anything about them is bullshit"

"Karen ripped him a new asshole and all he could say was im sorry i got tongue tied. WTF "tongue tied""

"The next day at tv's everybody thought kurt was going to kick hos ass but lucky for hogan kurt is a laid back guy"

"And could care less what hogan says or does,so im in the locker rm with kurt and a couple other guys"

"And hogan comes in and stays by the door not coming all the way in,im thinking why isnt he coming in its not like he could"

"Outrun anybody,and he asks kurt if everything is cool,kurt half laughs and says yeah,I look at hogans"

"Hands and they're shaking worse than a parkinison patient feeding birds at the park"

"He asks kurt about 5x if everything is cool and then leaves,and we bust out laughing, typical hogan what a fucking cunt"

Lol.

Sunflower said:
You speak my language, Beef-chan! San! I don't know!

Tensai-san is so sugoi, ichi-ban desu-ne, kawai uguuuuuuuuuuuuu.

RBH

"And hogan comes in and stays by the door not coming all the way in,im thinking why isnt he coming in its not like he could"

"Outrun anybody,and he asks kurt if everything is cool,kurt half laughs and says yeah,I look at hogans"

"Hands and they're shaking worse than a parkinison patient feeding birds at the park"
:lol

bart jr

Neo Member
I finally got around to watching night 2 of Showdown in the Sun
-djsandman sighting within the first 5 minutes!
-Tommaso Ciampa is finally growing on me
-I thought the main event was fucking awesome. I already liked Elgin, but this put him over the top for me. I can't wait until he cashes in his next title shot that he earned by winning Survival of the Fittest

In other news, my group finally got our hotel room booked for Synergy weekend! I think all we need to do now is get our tickets for Extreme Rules and the weekend is complete! Next weekend can't come soon enough.

ZERO1 "YASUKUNI SHRINE FESTIVAL", 25.03.2012
Tokyo Yasukuni Sumo Shrine

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x211p7

01. Yuichiro*Jienotsu*Nagashima, Fujita 'Jr' Hayato & Nick Primo vs Craig Classic, Akito & Nori da Funky Shibire-sasu

02. Glacier vs Jurassic Buffalo

03. Ryouji Sai & Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs Tamon Honda & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi

04. Ultimo Dragon & Ikuto Hidaka vs Takuya Sugawara & Mineo Fujita

NWA UNITED NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

05. Shito Ueda (c) vs Raideen

06. Akebono, Kohei Sato & KAMIKAZE vs Masato Tanaka, Zeus & The Bodyguard

07. Shinjiro Ohtani vs Daichi Hashimoto

Definitely check out match no. 4, as Takuya Sugawara & Mineo Fujita team up to take on the veteran team of Ultimo Dragon & Ikuto Hidaka - also, the main event is fantastic, as Daichi Hashimoto, son of the late, great Shinya Hashimoto, competes in his first singles main event and biggest match of his career to date as he takes on his mentor and ZERO1 leader Shinjiro Ohtani.

-I thought the main event was fucking awesome. I already liked Elgin, but this put him over the top for me. I can't wait until he cashes in his next title shot that he earned by winning Survival of the Fittest

I was mixed on the main event, as going in I was really hoping for Elgin to win, but after Davey kicked out of two RIDICULOUS looking moves one after the other, I knew Elgin had no chance - but then, they brought me back into it when Elgin just WOULD NOT DIE. Shit was crazy, I was jumping up and down watching the match. I loved Elgin kicking out at 1 and the look on Davey's face, and then Davey just caving Elgin's skull in.

Everyone's expecting Davey to drop the belt to Steen, but I hope he drops it to Elgin, even if he just ends up as a transitional champ. Elgin deserves to be on top, and ROH have a nasty habit of pulling the trigger too late.

bart jr

Neo Member
I loved Elgin kicking out at 1 and the look on Davey's face, and then Davey just caving Elgin's skull in.

Everyone's expecting Davey to drop the belt to Steen, but I hope he drops it to Elgin, even if he just ends up as a transitional champ. Elgin deserves to be on top, and ROH have a nasty habit of pulling the trigger too late.

That was probably one of my favorite parts of the match. It wasn't just him kicking out at 1, but Elgin spitting in Davey's face that made me lose it. I let out the biggest 'OH SHIT!' and almost stood up out of my seat when that happened.

You are exactly right about ROH and it kills me, man. I would almost like for Elgin to hold off on cashing in his SOTF win, and then let Steen beat Davey. Right after it happens, let Elgin run in and destroy Steen and declare he's gonna cash in the SOTF win at whatever the next event is. There's an awesome feud right there for Steen to jump into. /half-assed booking

Kaladin

WrassleGAF has come to terms with the release of poster and referee AnEternalEnigma. WrassleGAF wishes AnEternalEnigma the best in all of his future endeavors.

Why did Enigma get banned?

Apparently he was apart of the Wrestlemania bannings. I thought they only got Ithil.

Every board that talks wrestling has to have somebody that marks out to an unconventional wrestler. It's the sign of a good board.

I just wish the most common wrestler idolized wasn't Goldberg. :(

Top Bottom