• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Khrno

Pretty awesome poster. Almost too good to be true.

nT23A.png

What's funny about this storyline, is that Sheamus is just a secondary character, yeah he might have won the championship match and became the WHC, but the story wasn't really about him and Bryan, it was about Bryan and AJ, even now it is.

And seems like they'll keep the Bryan/AJ story going, which is fantastic.

Hey Chikara fans.....the new show is up!

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/images/products/20120414chikaradvd.jpg

and this time, we have MP4!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/mp4-d...12-ill-be-a-mummys-uncle-rahway-nj-mp4-video/

Chikara April 14, 2012 "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle" - Rahway, NJ (MP4 VIDEO)
1. Ophidian vs. UltraMantis Black
2. Kobald vs. Saturyne
3. F.I.S.T. vs. Los Maximos vs. Bravado Bros. vs. QT Marshall & Jack Bonza
4. Mixed Martial Archie vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
5. Jigsaw vs. Tim Donst
6. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Dragonfly
7. Gregory Iron vs. Gran Akuma
8. Kodama vs. Sara Del Rey
9. Eddie Kingston & The Colony vs. 17, The Shard & The Swarm
10. Bonus Material: Special Update with Kevin Steen

So.....with the stuff going down Saturday and many of our Chikara regulars being at Synergy, how do we want to do this?

Maybe tomorrow night after Smackdown would work. I'm definitely going to be watching this either tonight or tomorrow before I leave for Synergy so I'm caught up. I'm really looking forward to Mixed Martial Archie vs. Mr. Touchdown, and the Atomicos main event. Let's make it happen Wrassle GAF!

Kaladin

Maybe tomorrow night after Smackdown would work. I'm definitely going to be watching this either tonight or tomorrow before I leave for Synergy so I'm caught up. I'm really looking forward to Mixed Martial Archie vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti, and the Atomicos main event. Let's make it happen Wrassle GAF!

Friday night is movie night for me. I've got an almost 3 hour performance of Phantom of the Opera at Royal Albert Hall to watch this week.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you missed Impact last week, at 7pm, Spike is replaying it before the new episode at 9pm

Yeah..Spike is replaying last week's Impact....I have no idea why.

4 hours of Impact? I don't think anybody could sit through that and I used to sit through the WCW up all night specials with Bobby Heenan and Monsoon in pajamas that lasted like 6-8 hours.

Kaladin

4 hours of Impact? I don't think anybody could sit through that and I used to sit through the WCW up all night specials with Bobby Heenan and Monsoon in pajamas that lasted like 6-8 hours.

The difference being those were freakin awesome. I actually discovered wrestling on one of the early ones.

Great thing about the Bryan and AJ poster is usually the tv commercials follow the theme, so most likely we will get a commercial with AJ trying to kill Daniel Bryan in different ways. Unfortunately Sheamus is going to win at Extreme Rules. Then Bryan will probably get fed to Orton before Orton feuds with Brock.

It would be great if the tables got turned and Bryan somehow needs AJ, and she just gives him shit all the time. I guess Bryan needs to get involved with someone else and have it just be so bad that he comes back to AJ hat in hand.

I don't really want to see the standard "we pretended to break up to catch you off guard" thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Holy fuck, this is so good.

Despite several botched attempts at establishing Daniel Bryan and William Regal as a viable tag team, WWE officials are said to be committed to getting them over on Monday Night Raw. The dynamic between Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk is being seen as a blueprint for what WWE will do with Daniel Bryan and William Regal, with William Regal doing Daniel Bryan’s dirty work for now and then eventually turning babyface and feuding with Daniel Bryan

No, Bischoff would've kept bleeding Turner/Time Warner's money while Vince would've kept winning the ratings.

If Ted Turner was still in control wrestling would still be going. Doesn't matter what the ratings would be, but at this point who's to say that WCW wouldn't have came back again and started beating WWF/E?

I can't believe they have Ken Anderson, Rob Van Dam, AJ Styles and Flair putting this green jobber over.

And I can't believe TNA and Flair putting over the WWE hall of fame.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

A sneak preview of this Sunday

Heat on Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan got shouted at backstage at Extreme Rules last night. A top WWE official ripped into Daniel Bryan for about five minutes due to the way they didn't sell the Yes Lock from Sheamus and AJ. Daniel Bryan was told that they are a piece of crap who doesn't respect the business and will never amount to anything in WWE

I can't believe they have Ken Anderson, Rob Van Dam, AJ Styles and Flair putting this green jobber over.

And I can't believe TNA and Flair putting over the WWE hall of fame.

It's only going to get worse. They'll never give up on the Garrett push as long as Eric is there in the company running things. The bad thing is the guy doesn't have a great look, is bad on the mic, and can't wrestle for shit, yet they are pushing the guy as a top guy. They've been forced to surround him by the top faces every time he comes out to the ring so he doesn't get booed.

Just watched superstars. The Miz did the best he could working with A Ry. Miz works his left arm over and over and A Ry uses it twice to protect himself as he takes the skull crushing finale.

Hey. Riley. If you don't take the finisher properly and then get pinned that makes you look weak. Asshole.

Its the skull crushing finale. Your head should at least come within a couple of inches of the mat.

The bad thing is the guy doesn't have a great look, is bad on the mic, and can't wrestle for shit, yet they are pushing the guy as a top guy. They've been forced to surround him by the top faces every time he comes out to the ring so he doesn't get booed.
He's not going to translate to buys/merchandise/ratings. He's too green. And the fans will never accept it. Think about it, 6 years later and the fans are still bipolar about Cena.

If they're serious, they would send him to a developmental organization for at least a year.

Izick

I just saw some show where Chris Jericho talked about music tragedies, and I realized that rap and wrestling are pretty similar.

They basically hit their peaks in the 90's, and they degraded in quality in such a large way, and so quickly, due to losing most of their stars within a few years that it took most of the 00's just for them to recover to a somewhat close stage to where they had been. Biggie and Tupac (among other artists, but those are the two best and brightest) for rap, and the numerous, numerous deaths, career-ending injuries, and other things for wrestling.

Shit...I wish Biggie was still alive. We need a holographic Biggie singing at a holographic wrestling match.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Hulk Hogan blocked me on twitter! What a dick.

He was talking about the new GM tonight so I tweeted:

@HulkHogan Is the new GM the cameraman from your sex tape? We all know it's Brutus the Barber Beefcake.

bart jr

Neo Member
I just made it to Chicago! Tomorrow will be spent hanging out downtown sight-seeing and eating a bunch of food. Bill provided some recommendations for things to do, but if any of you have any suggestions it'd be much appreciated. My girlfriend has never been to Chicago before, and the only two things she really mentioned wanting to do is go to Millenium Park and shop on Michigan Ave.

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow Wrassle-Gaffers this weekend! Have a safe trip guys.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just made it to Chicago! Tomorrow will be spent hanging out downtown sight-seeing and eating a bunch of food. Bill provided some recommendations for things to do, but if any of you have any suggestions it'd be much appreciated. My girlfriend has never been to Chicago before, and the only two things she really mentioned wanting to do is go to Millenium Park and shop on Michigan Ave.

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow Wrassle-Gaffers this weekend! Have a safe trip guys.
Go see the Kane statue in front of City Hall, and then go check out the Carlos Boozer statue in front of the United Center.

Damn this episode of Impact is obnoxious with all the Hogan plastered all over it. Nice logic keeping Eric Young and a fucking woman in the running for a tag title shot over the MCMG too. Pointless Bischoff ego stroking earlier too with that Borash segment. What was the point????

Top Bottom