• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

G-Fex

I'll go with you Eraldocoil to a SD/RAW/house show.

We can go and maybe ask the Divas out to 7-11 for some big gulps and nachos.

You heard me.

0JSxI.gif

rvd2kewl

Usually with the meet and greets in other cities, you get to meet ALL the major stars with TNA. They throw everyone out at those things. For the regular Orlando M&G, the only major star you get is the ones that were announced.....you're lucky to get a mid-carder with the rest of them.

Yeah, it was $199 for the Meet & Greet a couple weeks ago in Nashville for Lockdown. You got everyone in the company plus Hogan & Flair. Sting was supposed to sign too but he wasn't cleared to fly so he didn't make it to Nashville.

I couldn't make it down there for the show (from Chicago) so I am hoping they do the same thing in Dallas/Arlington for Slammiversary. Looks doubtful now because they already have a Meet & Greet set up for Sunday but you never know. I've booked a refundable hotel room already...holding off on the flight until I see if there's a Fan Interaction event. That, to me, is the key to the weekend because you can have fun there all day Saturday and then there's still the PPV on Sunday which can either make it a great weekend or an ok one depending on how entertaining the show is.

Yeah, it was $199 for the Meet & Greet a couple weeks ago in Nashville for Lockdown. You got everyone in the company plus Hogan & Flair. Sting was supposed to sign too but he wasn't cleared to fly so he didn't make it to Nashville.

I couldn't make it down there for the show (from Chicago) so I am hoping they do the same thing in Dallas/Arlington for Slammiversary. Looks doubtful now because they already have a Meet & Greet set up for Sunday but you never know. I've booked a refundable hotel room already...holding off on the flight until I see if there's a Fan Interaction event. That, to me, is the key to the weekend because you can have fun there all day Saturday and then there's still the PPV on Sunday which can either make it a great weekend or an ok one depending on how entertaining the show is.

According to http://shoptna.com/slammiversary-vip-weekend.aspx

"○ Slammiversary 10 Year Anniversary Party. Saturday, June 9 inside Six Flags Over Texas from 730pm to 930pm. Celebrate with stars from IMPACT WRESTLING and fans from around the world. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and soft drinks as well as a cash bar will be available from 730pm to 830pm."

Isn't that like a fan interaction? Doubt very many of the wrestlers will show up to it though.

Toki767

So Impact is moving to 8-10 so that they don't compete with other shows? It's too bad they didn't realize this when they moved to Monday nights for a month.

rvd2kewl

According to http://shoptna.com/slammiversary-vip-weekend.aspx

"○ Slammiversary 10 Year Anniversary Party. Saturday, June 9 inside Six Flags Over Texas from 730pm to 930pm. Celebrate with stars from IMPACT WRESTLING and fans from around the world. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and soft drinks as well as a cash bar will be available from 730pm to 830pm."

Isn't that like a fan interaction? Doubt very many of the wrestlers will show up to it though.

They had something like that in Cincinnati last year for Lockdown. They had So Cal Val, Jeremy Borash, and about a handful of wrestlers there. They might have a few more in Dallas since it's a big weekend for the company but I'd only expect a few going in unless they announce something before then.

What I was looking forward to is a six-hour Meet & Greet on Saturday, similar to WWE's Axxess sessions. They did it in Nashville with 20+ wrestlers there, I don't know why they wouldn't in Dallas unless they lost money on it. But it looked like they had a decent turnout.

G-Fex

You just got the biggest party of the Summer.

All Chicago gets is Kane's favorite night of the year.

I want more.

I want WWE to give me what I deserve, I am a longtime fan and I've taken all of their really awful crap from bookings to gimmicks to terrible never ending angles and now to the laziness of weekly fucking rehashes. And JOHN CENA.

I want more WWE , I want what you owe me. Good things.

You hear me Vince you impotent old son of a bitch.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I want more.

I want WWE to give me what I deserve, I am a longtime fan and I've taken all of their really awful crap from bookings to gimmicks to terrible never ending angles and now to the laziness of weekly fucking rehashes. And JOHN CENA.

I want more WWE , I want what you owe me. Good things.

You hear me Vince you impotent old son of a bitch.
Vince is going to treat Cali like he treats Canada.

They had something like that in Cincinnati last year for Lockdown. They had So Cal Val, Jeremy Borash, and about a handful of wrestlers there. They might have a few more in Dallas since it's a big weekend for the company but I'd only expect a few going in unless they announce something before then.

What I was looking forward to is a six-hour Meet & Greet on Saturday, similar to WWE's Axxess sessions. They did it in Nashville with 20+ wrestlers there, I don't know why they wouldn't in Dallas unless they lost money on it. But it looked like they had a decent turnout.

Yeah would much rather prefer something like that. Right now this slammiversary package sucks for $139. You only get a 2 hour meet and greet the day of the show too, so if you want to meet everyone you are going to have to rush through the lines.

Yeah would much rather prefer something like that. Right now this slammiversary package sucks for $139. You only get a 2 hour meet and greet the day of the show too, so if you want to meet everyone you are going to have to rush through the lines.

What's so special about meet & greets?

What exactly are you planning on saying to these people, Bobo?

What's so special about meet & greets?

What exactly are you planning on saying to these people, Bobo?

I want to have a meaningful conversation about ring rats from the 80s compared to modern day ring rats in the age of twitter and facebook with Flair and try to score some weed from RVD.

I'd have something to say to them.

If they'd happen to walk into my store.

I'm imagining Bobo waiting in a line to meet, let's say, Kurt Angle. His turn comes up and he shakes Kurt's hand and says,

"Hello Kurt, I'm a big fan of yours. Can I have a picture, please?"

I mean, that's it? That's what he's holding out spending $150 on? It would be better if he waited in the line for Garrett Bischoff. That's the line where all the smarks are going to be. He goes up to him and says,

"Garrett Bischoff, I'm going to level with you. I don't like you but that doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of you. Have a great fucking match, brother."

Now that's Bobo getting his $150 worth.

G-Fex

I'm imagining Bobo waiting in a line to meet, let's say, Kurt Angle. His turn comes up and he shakes Kurt's hand and says,

"Hello Kurt, I'm a big fan of yours. Can I have a picture, please?"

I mean, that's it? That's what he's holding out spending $150 on? It would be better if he waited in the line for Garrett Bischoff. That's the line where all the smarks are going to be. He goes up to him and says,

"Garrett Bischoff, I'm going to level with you. I don't like you but that doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of you. Have a great fucking match, brother."

Now that's Bobo getting his $150 worth.

Exactly.

I'd honestly would go up to one of these superstars that I don't like and say "I don't like you"

I wonder if I wait in line for Garrett if he's gonna be surrounded by RVD, Aries, and Styles to talk to fans. Honestly I'm not usually a fan of these meet and greets because I don't know them, they don't know me, and most of the time they don't want to be there, so better not to waste my time or theirs. I could probably hook up with Velvet if I find out the hotel they are staying at though.

I wonder if I wait in line for Garrett if he's gonna be surrounded by RVD, Aries, and Styles to talk to fans. Honestly I'm not usually a fan of these meet and greets because I don't know them, they don't know me, and most of the time they don't want to be there, so better not to waste my time or theirs. I could probably hook up with Velvet if I find out the hotel they are staying at though.

I found some footage of what you can expect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf7iNw9a0AA

You dudes are gonna be jealous when I get my pic with Robbie E and Anarchia.

"Nice to meet you, Robbie E. So, are you tired of people calling you a Zack Ryder ripoff? Haha. Yeah, you're much better. His catchphrase is 'Take care, spike your hair' but he's losing his hair! So do you like TNA?"

"Nice to meet you, Robbie E. So, are you tired of people calling you a Zack Ryder ripoff? Haha. Yeah, you're much better. His catchphrase is 'Take care, spike your hair' but he's losing his hair! So do you like TNA?"

"Yo Robbie, where's Cookie? Is she back at the motel room with Raven?"

somedevil

You dudes are gonna be jealous when I get my pic with Robbie E and Anarchia.

What about Rosita?

Watched Smackdown and they hinted a great finish for the Daniel Bryan match at extreme rules where he will be Mega over, but not sure if the WWE knows what they have and won't pull the trigger on it.

Top Bottom