• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Brinbe

Why does WWE refrain from having stables again? I miss the days of the NWO, DX, Four Horsemen, and even Evolution.

We have a few budding stables that could be excellent with better direction:

Laurinaitis w/
Henry
Otunga
Christian
Miz
Del Rio

Guerrero w/
Swagger
Ziggler
and throw in another fighter or two that need to be elevated
No doubt. Those Los Boricuas/DOA/Nation fights were always amazing.

Lauranitis as the leader of The Corporation 2.0 would be cool. It could be:

Del Rio
Otunga
Miz
Christian
Tensai w/Sakamoto
Henry
Ziggler and Swagger w/Guerrero

Would be really fun. That's one thing I like about TNA; they still have big heel factions like The Main Event Mafia and Immortal.

Raw64life

Definitely just met Zach Rydet. He was making it to sOme girl and was by the bathroom. As I walked by I said "oh shit it's Lord Temsai!" as a joke. He just laughed and shook his head. I responded with "I know those nipple rings anywhere" and walked away. I'll try to snap a pic if I can get it but it was definitely him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dear WWE, please give Cesaro back his FCW underwear:

J5C6q.jpg

UberTag

The Vickie/Ziggler/Swagger/FCW guy would work but they're jobbing Dolph and Jack to Brodus Hornswoggle.
Fixed.

How many midgets does it take to beat two former world champions and to bite the ass of the widow of a 3rd former world champion?
The answer: Just one.

tm24

All this talk about tag teams makes me want to run a contest to give away acopy of PWG's DDT4. I wonder how i should do it. Any ideas anyone?

Morgadeth

Just watched impact, TNA stands for Terrible something something. That last promo with Bischoff in the portaloo looked like a metaphor for TNA. Also, how long is Abyss going to keep running around pretending to be his kayfabe brother?

Randy Orton from 2003 to 2007 was awesome. I really wish he went back to being like that. He's still good, but his whole "Viper" thing is kinda lame.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
No doubt. Those Los Boricuas/DOA/Nation fights were always amazing.

Yeah, even Ken Shamrock was involved in those. Also, weren't The Road Warriors involved, too?

Striker said:
The Vickie/Ziggler/Swagger/FCW guy would work but they're jobbing Dolph and Jack to Brodus.

An ideal situation would be adding
- Mason Ryan
- Seth Rollins

Have your brute/muscle (Ryan) and the potential Seth Rollins / Ziggler match-up after the breakup of the group that always is inevitable.

just watched the Bret Hart vs HBK interview on Netflix. HBK comes across like he's lying about everything. Bret comes across like he needs to get the fuck over it already.

UberTag

Randy Orton from 2003 to 2007 was awesome. I really wish he went back to being like that. He's still good, but his whole "Viper" thing is kinda lame.
Orton's current gimmick may be stale and lame as hell (like pretty much every WWE gimmick that isn't D.Brine, Otunga or Husky Harris' Waylon Mercy ripoff) but he's a far better wrestler NOW than when his gimmick wasn't stale.

The matches he had with Christian during their feud last year were top-tier. Randy hasn't had chemistry in the ring like that with many other opponents.

Striker

Because he's not the type who can carry such matches. Put him in there with Miz, Cena, or Mark Henry, it's more often going to be a borefest. Christian got Ezekiel Jackson into a decent show back in the WWE-ECW days.

bart jr

Neo Member
Today is the day!

Chikara - "Hot Off the Griddle"

CHIKARA vs. ROH Interpromotional Showdown!
KingSteen.jpg

A War of Four on Four!
RelAtomico.jpg

Against Insurmountable Odds!
Handicap.jpg

First Time Ever!
SDREG.jpg

Points in Play!
TB_TB.jpg

Relevos Atomicos!
Crazy8.jpg

Tag Team Explosion!
CCYB.jpg

Singles Showdown!
APK.jpg

bart jr

Neo Member
and then later in the day...

Ring of Honor - "Unity"

(sorry, no fancy pictures for this)

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs Jigsaw & Hallowicked

Tag Team Challenge
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly

First Time Ever Tag Team Match
The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
"Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs vs El Generico & BJ Whitmer

ROH vs Chikara Trios Match - Lucha Libre Rules
Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant)

Tag Team Attraction
The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson vs The Bravados (Harlem & Lancelot Bravado)

RBH

A shareholder asked if it was time to drop the price of PPVs due to the drop in buys. Vince McMahon said no. He said they are the best value in entertainment and the drops reflect the overall economy where people are going to their neighbors to watch the shows as opposed to ordering it themselves. The shareholder brought up UFC saying it seems like people would rather spend the money to see something real and not something scripted. Vince said that UFC's PPVs have "dropped like a rock. Ours haven't." He said that the audiences are very different.

A shareholder asked if there was concern about Wrestlemania 29 being held in 40 degree weather with the possibility of snow. Vince said he was a hell of a weatherman. He said that fans go to MLB and NFL events outdoors and dress appropriately and the same will happen here. He said if it snows, it's going to be a lot of fun.

A shareholder asked when the Network was going to launch. Vince said they are taking their time so they can keep their options open. He said that an announcement is forthcoming.

A shareholder asked about product staying PG. Vince said they would remain PG on TV and film would allow for content with stronger ratings. Vince said they were happy to be part of the Be A Star campaign and promote the anti-bullying campaigns. He talked about cyberbullying and how it can be hard to combat it, so they are trying to help to correct it by banding kids together and creating activities to promote that. Their Superstars promoting this and delivering the message brings a different dimension to it than a supervisor or teacher admonishing someone, talking about the message it sends to children when someone like Big Show talks about being bullied. Vince said it's something he really believes in. He said it will continue to be a huge initiative in the years to come for the company.

A shareholder asked if PPVs would be broadcast on the Network. Vince said that they were formulating that and it all depended on pricing.

The final question was about a physical WWE Hall of Fame. Vince said it's still located in his head. He noted that he owned an Arena many years ago and once you own a location, you are controlled by the touring. He said they were not in a physical brick and mortar business but the entertainment business. He said generally, Hall of Fames don't make money. He said one day they probably will build something but it needs to be in the right environment.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...g-campaign-keeping-tv-at-pg-and-more.html?p=1

Top Bottom