• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

According to PW insider:

Booker T is advertised for WWE RAW tour for Brazil next month. Meanwhile, Mick Foley is advertised for the WWE Smackdown tour of Mexico also next month. He is also advertised for the Smackdown Live Event at the Mid-Hudson Civic Centre on May 23rd (the day before the Mexico tour starts).

I guess the Ambrose vs Foley feud starts on May.

DMczaf

113_Diary_0401.jpg

Punk only hangs with his own kind now. Rocks. Cenas.

114_Diary_0401.jpg

115_Diary_0401.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/04/113_Diary_0401.jpg[IMG]

Punk only hangs with his own kind now. Rocks. Cenas.

[IMG]http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/04/114_Diary_0401.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/04/115_Diary_0401.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wrecker, where are you? We need a sequel to CM Punk's story!

Wrecker, where are you? We need a sequel to CM Punk's story!

I now know how great directors, authors, and game developers feel when fans clamor for something but they aren't inspired.

Sorry, Beef, writer's block has me in a figure 4. Maybe someone will create a straight to DVD sequel for you.

Oh the irony of those same people that swear by a Davey Richards match or any Indy match for that matter and crap on Cena for no selling ...

If you want to see good selling and ring psychology look at an Ambrose/Sir William Regal match from FCW. Loved every minute of it.

I'm more likely to be forgiving of no-selling and a lack of psychology if the match in question has been more entertaining, action packed and well paced that your average John Cena snooze-fest. So sure, Richads vs Elgin featured a ridiculous number of near-falls, some crazy hulking up and no-selling on Davey Richards' part and an overly-lengthy finishing sequence, but it was still the best match Mania weekend.

I think everybody here knows I'm not a fan of his, but honestly, Davey Richards was selling the shit outta Elgin's submission attempts throughout that entire match. He looked like he was dying to the crossface.

He just does the "fighting spirit" response to slams and strikes way too often, IMO.

In the Elgin match, that "fighting spirit" response was more of Elgin's gimmick, so it balanced out Richards' shenanigans a ton, and made that match very enjoyable.
That 1-count kickout and spit in the face routine by the crippled Elgin was BOSS!

Personally, I thought the match was too boring at the beginning for a ***** classic. A ***** match has to have that crazy anticipation element even before the first lockup or fist is thrown, IMO. This didn't have that, strangely. It really coulda used an intense staredown in the middle of the ring to build the heat from the jump.

But it sure as hell finished like a ***** match. I've been a huge Elgin fan for a few months now, but watching live, it shocked me how the intensity ramped up, and up, and up.

I'd give it **** 1/2 and call it easily one of the best matches I've seen this year so far, and a solid MOTY contender.

I now know how great directors, authors, and game developers feel when fans clamor for something but they aren't inspired.

Sorry, Beef, writer's block has me in a figure 4. Maybe someone will create a straight to DVD sequel for you.

If I had a gif of Clint shaking his head, it'd be right here.

They are building Roode vs Storm in the cage pretty well on Impact, even though it's impossible at this point to care about anyone in TNA for the most part.

Steiner on twitter, just in the last day

"Scott Steiner, who parted ways with TNA Wrestling last week, posted numerous messages on Twitter Thursday slamming his formerly employer's brain trust, particularly Hulk Hogan. He also alleges that TNA controls Sting's account on the microblogging site.

* When these assholes got control they tried to takeover everybodys twitter page

* u didnt have twitter they made one up for U...so u people who think yur tweeting sting its not him

* He told me he doesnt watch the show.so hes not tweeting about a show he doesnt watch

* Evrybody refused to sign over twitter so every wk u get an email begging u to twitter what they want

* Got one today,Please tweet this;Hogan take over as GM wonder what he will do...WTF really

* Even if u r not on show Please tweet..so the booking team of pritchard bischoff n hogan wont book U want u to tweet about hogan

* Tweet about yurself hogan nobody else wants to tweet about u u fucking mark

* Im tweeting what they wish they could

* Wondeting what hogans going to do...hmmmm...hes a fn mark so hes going to make a couple of matches that ppl want to see

* Nothing more unprofessional than a heel wanting to be cheered

* So ppl cheer him which pissd everybody off especially sting bcuz he had to wrestle him

* Have the future of wrestling garrett do something bcuz eric told him to in booking meeting....what a fucking joke

* Now hes good but hes going to everything like he did when he was bad bcuz he was first good

* And that produced the worst ratings ever so he went bad which was just as bad as when he was good

* Then his bad wasnt any good bcuz his ratings still sucked so he turnd back to good from bad

* Wtf y'all get his bullshit ....dont forget to say BROTHER ..bcuz its fresh

* Stupid mofo

* Remember deny u had anything to do with the release of the sex tape to try n get more sales

* How kardashian of u....Homomania running wild..his shit writes itself

* His w

* His ex-wife said he was gay right!!!..hhmmm who brought in Orlando Jordan

Arn is an agent for Vince and has been working for them forever. You are thinking of Ole Anderson, who did not show up.

Ah, I get those two confused too often for my own good. I thought all the Horsemen showed up, but I only watched the highlights of the HoF.

Nothing's changed, it seems!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hogan, Flair, and Sting. Three senior citizens still getting fat paychecks for nothing.

#respect.

Respect?

I don't know about Sting, but Flair and Hogan work because they don't know how to save money (Hogan was also taken to the cleaners by his ex-wife, but still, he shouldn't need to work).

I don't respect them for collecting paychecks. I respect them for what they did for the industry, but I pity them as human beings, and for being old men who never will be able to settle down and be happy.

Especially since it disgraces their own legacies.

RBH

From the Observer:

Word of Lesnar getting a $5 million offer for multiple appearances in WWE had been circulating within UFC and MMA from late 2011, before Lesnar’s fight with Alistair Overeem.

Nobody could confirm that price for this deal, although it was said to be the highest annual guaranteed money contract ever given a WWE wrestler. Top WWE wrestlers were under the impression that nobody works on a guarantee of greater than $1 million per year (confirmed when the company released HHH’s talent contract which had a $1 million annual guarantee), even though top guys often top $2 million and someone like a John Cena does considerably more than that. WWE talent all have a contractual downside, which, as a general rule, is that they are paid with checks based on a percentage of revenue and their position on cards or house shows and PPV events.

The bigger the profit margin (not necessarily the grosses themselves, and as shown by some of the releases of late, even with identical grosses and expenses this year compared to last, payoffs last year to talent did decline so they were paying a lower percentage), the better the talent is paid. They also get quarterly royalty checks. Some wrestlers have deals where they get their downsides pro-rated, in a sense that if their downside is $1 million, then they get $19,230.70 every week and more if their earnings top that at various time periods.

Most get their weekly earnings based on house shows and PPV revenue, and quarterly merchandise checks, and if their total at the end of the year is lower than their downside, they will get paid the difference. Unless someone is injured for a long period of time, or someone who isn’t being used, the vast majority of performers will earn more than their downsides, with the biggest names earning considerably more.

Top Bottom