• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
- Gus Ramsey, a reporter for ESPN, stated on his Twitter account Wednesday that WrestleMania XXVIII garnered 1.9 million pay-per-view buys.

"accidentally deleted my earlier tweet. Rock and Brock each sign 1 year deals. WM28 did 1.9M buys. WWE was targeting 1.5M," he wrote.

The message has since been deleted.

Holy shit if true. I think the higheset grossing mania was WM 23 with 1.25 million buys.

sajj316

I read that earlier in the week but I find it hard to believe. It definitely got over a million buys but almost two million??

I hope you're ready for some serious armchairin'. I like it, but it is definitely overwhelming.

I played a ton of EWR and TEW08 back in the day. I got sucked into those games. Looking forward for the same in TEW10. But yeah, it can definitely be overwhelming. Can't you play 'online' with these games as well? Sharing a save file and whatnot?

Online is full of jerks, no fun allowed. THQ still never fixed their highlight of the online, Community Creations. Server has been absolute ass since launch.

I've been lucky with the Community Creations lately. No real problems. Plus the fact that you can upload actual pictures of the wrestlers is mindblowing to me. Some of these looks so good.

sajj316

Anyone remember the Lesnar and Angle promos after their Wrestlemania match? The one with the spitting up milk and pushups. God I wish Kurt was back in the E!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone remember the Lesnar and Angle promos after their Wrestlemania match? The one with the spitting up milk and pushups. God I wish Kurt was back in the E!
According to Lesnar, it's pretty indicative of their friendly rivalry off the screen.

XxCGSxX

Hey guys, I want to go to WM 29 next year and I was wondering how much aprox. for decent seats WM29 tickets (judging by past WM prices)? They don't need to be floor seats but I want seats that are looking at the ring right on the middle from a viewable distance. In other words is there anyone here that went to miami and for example and got seats that are behind that floor seats and was the ring really far away? How much were they?

Clegg

Didn't Kurt kiss Brock at one stage?

I'm not sure wtf Vince was thinking there.

GotDAMN, that top rope dragon suplex in the Richards/Elgin match was INSANE. So dangerous. Nigel sounded like he legit marked out for it too :lol

EDIT: Wow, that match was nuts. Overkill with the kick outs, as usual, but somehow it worked. Not the best match in terms of psychology, but a great man vs. beast spotfest. Michael Elgin looks destined for a championship run in the next year.

Kaladin

Hey guys, I want to go to WM 29 next year and I was wondering how much aprox. for decent seats WM29 tickets (judging by past WM prices)? They don't need to be floor seats but I want seats that are looking at the ring right on the middle from a viewable distance. In other words is there anyone here that went to miami and for example and got seats that are behind that floor seats and was the ring really far away? How much were they?

You're probably looking for lower level seats. I would prepare for up to $300 for a good one. Also, you want to make sure you're buying your ticket early, as those can go quickly.

Didn't WM27 do 1.2 domestically?
WrestleMania 1 - 398,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania 2 - 319,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania III - 450,000 (Closed Circuit Television) and another 400,000 on PPV
WrestleMania IV - 175,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania V - 767,000
WrestleMania VI - 550,000
WrestleMania VII - 400,000
WrestleMania VIII - 360,000
WrestleMania IX - 430,000
WrestleMania X - 420,000
WrestleMania XI - 340,000
WrestleMania XII - 290,000
WrestleMania 13 - 237,000 (Lowest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XIV - 730,000
WrestleMania XV - 800,000
WrestleMania 2000 - 824,000
WrestleMania X-Seven - 1,040,000
WrestleMania X8 - 880,000
WrestleMania XIX - 560,000
WrestleMania XX - 1,007,000
WrestleMania 21 - 1,085,000
WrestleMania 22 - 975,000
WrestleMania 23 - 1,250,000 (Highest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XXIV - 1,041,000
WrestleMania XXV - 960,000
WrestleMania XXVI - 885,000
WrestleMania XXVII - 1,042,000

All buyrates post XIX are worldwide, while 1-19 are domestic only.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
You're probably looking for lower level seats. I would prepare for up to $300 for a good one. Also, you want to make sure you're buying your ticket early, as those can go quickly.

My seats were decent too, and I was a good 20 rows behind where you were sitting in the same section. They were just over $200 face value, so yeah, budgeting up to $300 per ticket sounds about right.

Lower bowl anywhere it isn't blocked off by some giant palm tree seemed like a generally good seat from my walking around pre-show. Club level was probably ok too, BillRiccio could tell you about that. Floor anywhere but the first few rows seemed like it would be hard to see any of the action.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I think Lower Bowl or Club level is what I'm trying for next year. That is the sweet spot IMO.

Yeah, if anything I'd rather get cheaper club seats and use the money I save to get Golden Row to another DGUSA/ROH show during Mania weekend, or even really good floor seats at a post-Mania RAW show.

Floor at a stadium show just seems ridiculous.

1.9 is insane, but they honestly deserve it. With all the marketing and production they put into it. I wonder if they can beat Summerslams record with Brock's return.

RBH

I have to imagine 1.9m would still mean well over a million domestically, which would be bigger than even Wrestlemania X7.

Has Dave Meltzer said anything in regards to this?

The guy who tweeted the 1.9 million figure later said this:

"haven't seen anything in writing. so maybe the # is wrong, or I misheard it, but pretty sure that was the # + WWE very happy"

And then Meltzer said this:

1.09 million is very reasonable.

I may not have a number by Friday, but I should at least have an idea of whether it was in line or blow away.

For what it's worth, and this isn't necessarily proof of anything, but our response level was up 2% from last year.

Kaladin

Yeah, if anything I'd rather get cheaper club seats and use the money I save to get Golden Row to another DGUSA/ROH show during Mania weekend, or even really good floor seats at a post-Mania RAW show.

Floor at a stadium show just seems ridiculous.

The risers are a bit better than floor, but what you pay for them is ridiculous compared to lower bowl. I still had some issues with people being taller than me standing up and sitting down constantly.

I have to imagine 1.9m would still mean well over a million domestically, which would be bigger than even Wrestlemania X7.

Has Dave Meltzer said anything in regards to this?

These numbers are wrong. Preliminary numbers won't be out until Friday and even then those are early numbers and usually go down when finals are announced. Meltzer said on his message board that 1.09 is believable and the espn guy probably misunderstood or heard wrong.

"The Wrestling Observer reported Thursday that morale is low among members of WWE's creative team after many of the were not invited to the annual post-WrestleMania party Sunday night in Miami, Florida. The report says the party snubs "hurt a lot of feelings." There is an account on Twitter parodying company head Vince McMahon's real-life demeanor (located at CrankyVince) and several messages were posted Tuesday night foreshadowing the behind the scenes report. The individual behind the account wrote:

"EAVESDROPPING ON WRITERS, WHO ARE B******G ABOUT BEING BARRED FROM POST #WRESTLEMANIA™ COMPANY WIDE PARTY. HMPF, THE VIRGINS ARE A BUZZKILL."

"OUTSIDE WRITERS ROOM, STILL LISTENING TO THIS FAST-TALKING L.A. RUNT B***H ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. F****R."

"AND F**K THESE DISPOSABLE WRITERS FOR B******G ABOUT MY G*****N #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. EAT ME, THEN GO F**K YOURSELVES. F**K YOU."

"YELLING AT WRITERS: "IF ANOTHER ONE OF YOU SORE P*****S CRIES ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY I'LL GUT YOU."

"GETTING OUT OF ORLANDO, FAR AWAY FROM THIS HUMIDITY & P***Y WRITERS & THEIR B******G ABOUT NOT BEING INVITED TO THE WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY."
"

lol, wonder which writer CrankyVince is

Kaladin

"The Wrestling Observer reported Thursday that morale is low among members of WWE's creative team after many of the were not invited to the annual post-WrestleMania party Sunday night in Miami, Florida. The report says the party snubs "hurt a lot of feelings." There is an account on Twitter parodying company head Vince McMahon's real-life demeanor (located at CrankyVince) and several messages were posted Tuesday night foreshadowing the behind the scenes report. The individual behind the account wrote:

"EAVESDROPPING ON WRITERS, WHO ARE B******G ABOUT BEING BARRED FROM POST #WRESTLEMANIA™ COMPANY WIDE PARTY. HMPF, THE VIRGINS ARE A BUZZKILL."

"OUTSIDE WRITERS ROOM, STILL LISTENING TO THIS FAST-TALKING L.A. RUNT B***H ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. F****R."

"AND F**K THESE DISPOSABLE WRITERS FOR B******G ABOUT MY G*****N #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. EAT ME, THEN GO F**K YOURSELVES. F**K YOU."

"YELLING AT WRITERS: "IF ANOTHER ONE OF YOU SORE P*****S CRIES ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY I'LL GUT YOU."

"GETTING OUT OF ORLANDO, FAR AWAY FROM THIS HUMIDITY & P***Y WRITERS & THEIR B******G ABOUT NOT BEING INVITED TO THE WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY."
"

The @CrankyVince plot thickens......

"

Stephanie McMahon.

I was in the center of the stadium in the club section and I was very happy with my seat. I was able to see everything unobstructed. If I wasn't able to see something or I needed a closer look I had three huge viewing boards to look at. Also next year will probably be cold and a heated club area would be nice to go to during the divas match.

I might say screw it though next year and try to get something in the fist five rows. Brock vs The Rock is going to be insane live..... Like 10x more insane then this year. Any anyone know the best way to go about this? I'm thinking travel package. If so what were the prices this year?

I played a ton of EWR and TEW08 back in the day. I got sucked into those games. Looking forward for the same in TEW10. But yeah, it can definitely be overwhelming. Can't you play 'online' with these games as well? Sharing a save file and whatnot?

I've been lucky with the Community Creations lately. No real problems. Plus the fact that you can upload actual pictures of the wrestlers is mindblowing to me. Some of these looks so good.

Isn't that some hack though, I would of thought more would do it.

Community creations works fine for me, but only when people in the US are normally asleep, any other time it is worthless.

Kyoufu

I was in the center of the stadium in the club section and I was very happy with my seat. I was able to see everything unobstructed. If I wasn't able to see something or I needed a closer look I had three huge viewing boards to look at. Also next year will probably be cold and a heated club area would be nice to go to during the divas match.

I might say screw it though next year and try to get something in the fist five rows. Brock vs The Rock is going to be insane live..... Like 10x more insane then this year. Any anyone know the best way to go about this? I'm thinking travel package. If so what were the prices this year?

Is it even going to be Rock vs Brock?

I would rather see Rock vs Punk, BUT ONLY if Punk goes heel.

Insert Higher Power reveal clip here
vtYus.gif

How shocked
or not
would we be if CrazyVince was... Vince.

Damn, think I'm gonna watch Impact live for the first time in months since no spoilers are out showing me how shitty the show is going to be.

Top Bottom