• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Ilive1up

soooo, with a lot of people hating cena, and people already seemingly in love with ryback...there wasn't much change with what happened there.

ecurbj

I mean...really though. A count out? Other than that what a spectacular Raw! Ziggles, I love you and congratulations.

But Sexual Chocoloate losing by count out?

Alucard

Banned
Awful main event, but the Ryback swerve was nice. Loved the "up yours" gesture. PG-13 show to be sure.

That was probably...the best live crowd I've seen ever. For any wrestling event.

Definitely the best Raw I've seen in the three years I've been watching wrestling again.

dream

But why would we buy the Ryback as a title threat when WWE had Fat Mark Henry destroy him at Rasslemania?

BlazinAm

Whelp this is a real challenge for the wwe to pull of well.

But why would we buy the Ryback as a title threat when WWE had Fat Mark Henry destroy him at Rasslemania?

The bigger problem is the fact that Ryback hasn't had a ppv win since the summer.

I don't even like Ryback and that was still amazing thanks to the crowd. Felt like a Paul Heyman ending with feuds crisscrossing to build towards new feuds.

jred2k

I liked that Raw too much. Any other Raw is just gonna be a let down.

Hopefully it can create some momentum, guys looked like they were having fun wrestling again.

I don't even like Ryback and that was still amazing thanks to the crowd. Felt like a Paul Heyman ending with feuds crisscrossing to build towards new feuds.
it's funny because that identical segment would have FLOPPED with a boring typical crowd, but it was pretty damn good because of this one.

UberTag

So this marks two times in less than a year that they turn two faces who were more over than Cena heel to try and get Cena cheered.
This will ALWAYS be what happens.
First CM Punk then Ryback then whomever the next super-over face that's booked strong will be.
They would turn Undertaker heel for his streak match against Cena.
They would try to turn D.Brine heel to be fed to Cena.
Every over face must be turned heel and fed to the black hole charisma-less face that is John Cena.

Historically this has happened with plenty of other people as well.
RVD was super-over as a face. Turned heel to be fed to Cena.
Batista became BROtista to dismantle Rey and get fed to Cena.
Ditto with Orton.

rybacknru5w.gif

dream

That's the sort of Wrestling Logic 101 that's gone entirely out of the window in recent years.

I mean, it was just last night! I'm not even necessarily saying the Ryback should have beaten Fat Mark Henry, but shouldn't they have, I don't know, at least not have Fat Mark Henry go over clean if they had this planned?

ecurbj

Tonight's RAW 9 out of 10. Glad Triple H wasn't there to bore. Mainly because of The Shield, Kane, Undertaker and Daniel Bryan and Ziggles the new World Heavyweight Champion.

I'm
Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

Top Bottom