• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

notworksafe

Looks like we're getting the Wrestlemania Axxess matches on NXT:

Don't miss the special WWE WrestleMania ‪#‎Axxess‬ edition of ‪#‎WWENXT‬ tomorrow at 8 ET, only on WWE Network!

Hope they filmed something from the house show too.

I was in the front row for some of those Axxess ones so there may be shots of my ugly mug :eek:

strobogo

Banned
What, in your mind, is a tough question?

Because you seem dismissive of an hour-plus' worth of questions by Jericho.

Well, at least half of his questions were trying to bait Cena into talking about Jericho and how cool he was. But a tough question to ask Cena could be something like, "Why have so many guys taken a downturn after working programs with you", "Do you berry people", "Do you get tired of never changing your character at all", "Do you feel comfortable shilling all your merch to kids", "How banged up is your body". Just shit more than what any local radio station might ask. Ask about how much pull he really has. Ask about why he thinks people are so vocally angry about the current product. Ask if he thinks he was really ready to be put in the spot he was in 2005. Ask where he ranks himself among the top WWE guys. Ask what he would change or who he would push if he was in charge.

Kaladin

Wait a minute, wasn't the Breeze / Itami 2 / 3 falls the end of the last taping?

So what are they going to do with the other two weeks for filler?

notworksafe

Didn't someone else steal that theme song? Xavier Woods or somebody?

And didn't they steal it from someone else before them?

Originally belonged to this dude:

3xYjR8s.jpg

MC Safety

Well, at least half of his questions were trying to bait Cena into talking about Jericho and how cool he was. But a tough question to ask Cena could be something like, "Why have so many guys taken a downturn after working programs with you", "Do you berry people", "Do you get tired of never changing your character at all", "Do you feel comfortable shilling all your merch to kids", "How banged up is your body". Just shit more than what any local radio station might ask. Ask about how much pull he really has. Ask about why he thinks people are so vocally angry about the current product. Ask if he thinks he was really ready to be put in the spot he was in 2005. Ask where he ranks himself among the top WWE guys. Ask what he would change or who he would push if he was in charge.

Those are good questions. I'd urge you to revisit the interview because some of them are asked and answered without your exact wording.

Other questions you've posed speak to your hatred of Cena. I can't help you there.

strobogo

Banned
Those are good questions. I'd urge you to revisit the interview because some of them are asked and answered without your exact wording.

Other questions you've posed speak to your hatred of Cena. I can't help you there.

I don't hate Cena at all. Not in the least. But those are tough questions. Besides the bored of your character question, which one of those were asked? If you say you're going to ask tough questions and not throw out soft balls, don't ask shit like "So, did you like working with The Rock?" and "Do you remember that time we got drunk and then you listened to my iPod while I slept? What cool music were you listening to, btw?". You have the biggest star in the past 12 years and most of Jericho's questions were just personal reminiscing begging for Cena to say he owes Jericho. The other questions were the same shit that Cena gets asked when he does local radio to hype a show.

Compare to Austin getting all up in Vince's and HHH's ass.

Sunny, you mention Bundy's fall from grace between WM2 and 3, but I think Big Show needs a mention. ONE MONTH after main eventing WM, he was doing the comedy parody gimmick that Stevie Richards and Damien Sandow got stuck with. And the next year he was fighting for the lowest ranked title in the company on the 3rd match of the night.

somedevil

Wait a minute, wasn't the Breeze / Itami 2 / 3 falls the end of the last taping?

So what are they going to do with the other two weeks for filler?

They still have 2 taping episodes left. They mixed up the order. It went like this:

1. Episode 4 which was the title match with Balor vs Owens
2. Episode 1 Itami vs Breeze 2 out 3
3. Special for Wrestlemania following Itami
4. Episode 3 Dana Brooks Debut
5. Episode 2

Then after episode 2 it will be all new episodes leading to the next special.

Thorakai

Jericho seemed to insert his opinion on a given question, act as if the question being asked isn't really serious or worth discussing, or give Cena a neutral out many times compared to Austin. Some things I would have loved to be pressed on:

• The Zack Ryder situation
  • Beating Brock Lesnar on his first match back
  • The quality of his match with The Rock
  • A more meaningful conversation about the change in expectations that come from being at the top of the company, something that would have been dissecting infinitely better by Austin.
  • More than a phrase of justification for why vs Rock was his most enjoyable match in his career...I don't think Jericho even followed up to specify which Rock match Cena was talking about, much less push him to go over why
  • Again, pushing Cena to give a more straightforward answer to his views on the stars of NXT instead of giving him an out to talk about the brand in general.
  • Why he doesn't marry Nikki Bella yet
    (ok not really)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, you mention Bundy's fall from grace between WM2 and 3, but I think Big Show needs a mention. ONE MONTH after main eventing WM, he was doing the comedy parody gimmick that Stevie Richards and Damien Sandow got stuck with. And the next year he was fighting for the lowest ranked title in the company on the 3rd match of the night.

that's a pretty steep drop. Good points...

MC Safety

I don't hate Cena at all. Not in the least. But those are tough questions.

It seems as if you're being disingenuous. Cena wouldn't know why he "berry"s people or why the people he wrestles, in your mind, have suffered downturns after wrestling with him. These questions seem very heavily agenda-laced.

Jericho could stand to be a little more formal and a little less conversational. But I think there's room in an hour-long plus interview for anecdotes, even the rambling kind. You have to remember this interview wasn't intended solely for the hardcore fans like you who read all the news and know the backstage politics. The interview was for a general audience, and I think Jericho did a fine job of blending the whimsical and the serious.

Kaladin

Jericho seemed to insert his opinion on a given question, act as if the question being asked isn't really serious or worth discussing, or give Cena a neutral out many times compared to Austin. Some things I would have loved to be pressed on:

• The Zack Ryder situation
  • Beating Brock Lesnar on his first match back
  • The quality of his match with The Rock
  • A more meaningful conversation about the change in expectations that come from being at the top of the company, something that would have been dissecting infinitely better by Austin.
  • More than a phrase of justification for why vs Rock was his most enjoyable match in his career...I don't think Jericho even followed up to specify which Rock match Cena was talking about, much less push him to go over why
  • Again, pushing Cena to give a more straightforward answer to his views on the stars of NXT instead of giving him an out to talk about the brand in general.
  • Why he doesn't marry Nikki Bella yet
    (ok not really)

It was the first Rock vs Cena match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
War Machine have a great look, which is rare in ROH.

I'd much rather see them signed than The Briscoes.

such an unfortunate name, though. I'd stay faaaar away from that name.

strobogo

Banned
It seems as if you're being disingenuous. Cena wouldn't know why he "berry"s people or why the people he wrestles, in your mind, have suffered downturns after wrestling with him. These questions seem very heavily agenda-laced.

Jericho could stand to be a little more formal and a little less conversational. But I think there's room in an hour-long plus interview for anecdotes, even the rambling kind. You have to remember this interview wasn't intended solely for the hardcore fans like you who read all the news and know the backstage politics. The interview was for a general audience, and I think Jericho did a fine job of blending the whimsical and the serious.

Hold on. Who do you think you're talking to? I don't pay attention to any of the dirty sheet stuff. Do you have me confused with another poster? I don't hate John Cena, nor do I have some anti-Cena agenda, nor am I being disingenuous. The podcast was hyped as being controversial and hard hitting, by both WWE and Jericho himself. Then it happened and it was the softest interview possible. Cole's kayfabe WWE.com interviews are tougher.

The only backstage shit I read is in this very thread and I never believe any of it.

Ultratech

Read about that Cena/Jericho interview this morning.

Wasn't expecting much of anything to come out of it.

Tired of jobbing to these god damn allergies. Nature abuse.

Fighting allergies and sinuses FUCKING SUCKS.

I've been lucky so far, but it's a mess right now where I'm at.

There is pollen literally everywhere. Even my car is covered in it.

StevieWhite

Hello, wrestlegaf! I haven't shamelessly promoted my Fire Pro project here in some time, but it's finally finished.

http://www.subspacebc.com/fire-pro-wrestling-returns-the-briefcase-cup/

Basically I threw 32 of Fire Pro Return's most blatant ripoffs into a tournament and did bios of all of the wrestlers involved, cracking some jokes in the process. I'm pretty happy with the result.

I don't make any money off of this (no ads or nothin'); it's just a labor of love. I know some of you have been reading, and I hope you've enjoyed it. If you haven't read it, please feel free to take a look and let me know your thoughts. I don't post much, but I hope you guys get a kick out of it, because lord knows I get a kick out of watching you guys talk wrasslin'.

Your favorite quasi-lurker,

Stevie.

random question: if Albert was booked to look like Giant Bernard and not "white former wwe star doing every japanese wrestler" stereotype, how far do you think he would've gotten?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
random question: if Albert was booked to look like Giant Bernard and not "white former wwe star doing every japanese wrestler" stereotype, how far do you think he would've gotten?

It would have at least gotten him more buzz if they called him Albert instead of Tensai so people weren't doing Albert chants. I can't imagine he would have gone that much farther though. He was already talking about retirement and winding down his bookings when he was in the latter incarnation of Bad Intentions.

It would have at least gotten him more buzz if they called him Albert instead of Tensai so people weren't doing Albert chants. I can't imagine he would have gone that much farther though. He was already talking about retirement and winding down his bookings when he was in the latter incarnation of Bad Intentions.

yeah considering he was winding down I don't seriously think stronger booking would've instantly put him in the main event. Still, considering what he could do and what he was capable of he could have had a pretty solid midcard run

Branson

Hello, wrestlegaf! I haven't shamelessly promoted my Fire Pro project here in some time, but it's finally finished.

http://www.subspacebc.com/fire-pro-wrestling-returns-the-briefcase-cup/

Basically I threw 32 of Fire Pro Return's most blatant ripoffs into a tournament and did bios of all of the wrestlers involved, cracking some jokes in the process. I'm pretty happy with the result.

I don't make any money off of this (no ads or nothin'); it's just a labor of love. I know some of you have been reading, and I hope you've enjoyed it. If you haven't read it, please feel free to take a look and let me know your thoughts. I don't post much, but I hope you guys get a kick out of it, because lord knows I get a kick out of watching you guys talk wrasslin'.

Your favorite quasi-lurker,

Stevie.
Nice I love FPR.

JavyOO7

What wrestling podcasts do you guys recommend I listen to? I don't listen to anything, except for Wrestling Observer stuff with Bryan (because he's hilarious).

What wrestling podcasts do you guys recommend I listen to? I don't listen to anything, except for Wrestling Observer stuff with Bryan (because he's hilarious).

Definitely Fight Network's Review a Raw. John Pollock has a sharp mind for the business and Wai Ting is just the most laid back person imaginable. Plays off John very well.

Vylash

heard through the grapevine that Heel, Sunny Mac, and bean breath are working on a new podcast called #Cooked, stay tuned

Review-A-Raw, Review-A-Wai have been my favorite overall podcast since I discovered it 5-6 years ago. John and Wai are the best kind of hosts.

You can't subscribe to them directly but if you find The L.A.W feed you will get those two shows..along with some other tolerable shows like The LAW and Bauer & Pollock.

Review-A-Raw is on The Fight Network as one of those talk radio/studio type shows starting today:
Review-A-Raw - April 7th, 2015

Top Bottom