• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Cagey

Banned
Do you think that AJ Lee was given an Asian surname because the WWE knows that her male gamer fanbase only like WOC who are Asian?

This is the smartest post in WrassleGAF history.

And of course. She can pass as Filipina visually, which is East Asian adjace, but to further distract from the Hispanic roots, WWE rolled with a surname common to more desireable Asian countries.

If WWE did all of their homework, they wouldn't bill her from Union City, NJ, which has a tremendously large Hispanic population. She'd be hailing from Korean-heavy Fort Lee, just a few miles north of her actual hometown.

It even ties in with the name.

Brilliant, really.

notworksafe

Umm...

CCAx4U0WMAAh6Ai.jpg

Would watch...if I knew how

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're basically comic book characters. They're trying to make them out like that rather than just some dude who decided he wanted to grapple.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope that's supposed to be a combination of the Shockmaster and Robocop.

kiguel182

Raw was very meh this week. Not bad but also very low-key. I want to make just some obsevations:

- New Day turning heel is great. Those guys are very talented and playing that gimmick straight is just a waste. Hopefully they'll be given time to do great things with it.

- I do not like Neville's song remix and entrance. Just no. But he looked great against Rollins and it's what matters the most.

- Speaking of Rollins, still love him as a cocky heel champion. That man is a treasure and is doing amazing work. Best part of Raw.

- Cena beating up and comers every week is not something I enjoy. Him "giving them a chance" is bullshit since they are just losing to him without rime or reason and losing to Cena is not some big accomplishment. Yes, they are wrestling a long match on TV but it doesn't work for me.

- Mid main-event match I asked myself "Who do I want to win this?" and I came up empty. I realised that I really don't care about those top faces. I'm zero invested in any top face that's not Lesnar. That was what I took away from the main-event.

Raw had his usual problems but just didn't deliver anything memorable or remarkable. Just a middle of the road episode. Some good stuff, some bad stuff and a lot of meh.

Kaladin

Just signed up for HBO Now.

Great compliment to Netfflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu.

I think I've built the perfect on demand TV subscription.

Netflix
Hulu
HBO Now
Amazon Prime
WWE Network

Netflix : $8.99
Hulu : $7.99
HBO Now : $14.99
Amazon Prime : $8.25 (per month of $99)
WWE Network : $9.99

I pay around $50 per month, less if I don't like WWE programing at the time.....and the Network would be the first thing I drop because NXT is also on Hulu.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just signed up for HBO Now.

Great compliment to Netfflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu.

I think I've built the perfect on demand TV subscription.

Netflix
Hulu
HBO Now
Amazon Prime
WWE Network

Netflix : $8.99
Hulu : $7.99
HBO Now : $14.99
Amazon Prime : $8.25 (per month of $99)
WWE Network : $9.99

I pay around $50 per month, less if I don't like WWE programing at the time.....and the Network would be the first thing I drop because NXT is also on Hulu.

Sounds like cable

I don't know what kind of free time you have on your hands but I can't even justify having just one of those subs. nowhere near enough time to even watch 5 hours of tv a week.

Fintan

Heyman is death for anyone but Brock.

CM Punk: Retired, attempting suicide by punches in UFC
Cesaro: 5th wheel behind Nattie, TJ, the cats, and the headphones
Ryback is going from strength to strength and Curtis Axel is doing great. Both obvious success stories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys don't seriously think I'm a GamerGate loser, do you?

I honestly do. You went on a tear against Anita Sarkeesian once and there were a lot of eerie coincidences. I think you are a less extreme one but still damaging.

If not though I'm willing to listen.

darkbanjo

There's a lot of talk of how 'they' robbed Neville of the name Adrian — this is a guy who chose the name PAC for himself, he should be the first suspect for any dodgy decisions regarding his name.

Sephzilla

i wont lie, i'm a bit sad/depressed thinking some of you guys put me in the same category with people who harass and threaten women on a daily basis

I honestly do. You went on a tear against Anita Sarkeesian once and there were a lot of eerie coincidences. I think you are a less extreme one but still damaging.

meh, i didn't care for her at first because her methods for making her points were honestly really poor and she seemed amateur. but after seeing all of the shit that gets thrown her way i've reversed my stance because, holy fuck, there's a lot of really fucking awful people out there and i'm stunned (in a positive way) that she's kept going . that and the quality of the work she's been putting out has gotten better and she generally seems a lot better at making good points.

Yes. We also think you are into Robocop 3 more than you let on. You POS.

i'm legit shook

nobody can be into robocop 3

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

i wont lie, i'm a bit sad/depressed thinking some of you guys put me in the same category with people who harass and threaten women on a daily basis

meh, i didn't care for her at first because her methods for making her points were honestly really poor and she seemed amateur. but after seeing all of the shit that gets thrown her way i've reversed my stance because, holy fuck, there's a lot of really fucking awful people out there and i'm stunned (in a positive way) that she's kept going . that and the quality of the work she's been putting out has gotten better and she generally seems a lot better at making good points.

There is a large, vast gulf between "I think her points are terrible and she is not good at what she does" and "she is a terrible human being and wishing terrible things upon her".

Hell - I'd qualify myself as the first, and I actually like her; met her couple of times in RL, tend to run in similar social circles, had beverages and chatted with her for long periods of time. I may vehemently disagree with the viewpoints (w/r/t current theory in the topic being discussed) - but that's fairly normal. I'll second the comment about her being better in her later videos about point making.

Why is everyone hating on the Cena / Jericho podcast? I thought it was pretty decent. Cena shows why he is the man; Jericho likes to talk about himself and shoot the breeze, and Cena makes some veiled jabs at Reigns and himself. I approve.

Top Bottom