• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

KissVibes

Banned
Hello friends, how's it goi...

*looks at posts on this page*

IJ8YjTB.gif

This gif is weird.

At first I thought it was a recreation of WM31 in WWE 2k15

Man, talk about muckraking.

Anyways, I have nothing really conducive to add to the conversation of the night, just wanted to say you guys are fucking Kawaii to the bone. If it wasn't for you guys, I probably wouldn't have checked wrestling again after a 10 year hiatus, but I'm already feeling kinda tapped out by it. It kind of triggers some sort of anxiety for me, but that's not the point. Unlike other posters who see this place as harboring ill-will amongst one another and gimmick posting, there's some good wholesome, PG fun to be had here. I'd still like to post in these threads, I just don't always have as much to say about the wrasslin' world as others.

Also, I never did my fav five, so here I go.

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin: This was the dude I always enjoyed watching, even when I couldn't watch on the regular (we was poo' when I was a kid and didn't have cable) as a kid. I liked his no nonsense attitude, even with his brawler style later in his career he could gel well with plenty of wrestlers and could put on a great match. He also seems to have a real, deep respect for the business and other wrestlers, even with his prominent spot in the industry.

2) Eddie Guerrero: I'll admit I haven't seen much of his WCW/ECW matches, but I enjoyed watching him in WWE. He was always highly charismatic, entertaining as fuck in the ring, and watching him win and defend his title at WM where some great highlights for me.

3) Kurt Angle: Again, based off of just his WWE run. Dude is great, he was incredibly versatile as a character and wrestler. He could go from a chicken-shit heel, to an intimidating wrestling machine.

4) The Rock: It took me a while to admit this, but I do like him. He was always the dude, I loved to hate regardless if he was a face or a heel. Sure, he's stringing of catchphrases can be annoying, but when it came down to putting on a good promo or a good match, he was up for the task. Not to mention he's sells one of the best stunners in the bizznass.

5)X-Pac: Because he had everything that he ever wanted, and he never gave it back.

Alright, wrasslegaffers I'ma take a swig for the working poster, catch yer asses down the road and keep that barbershop talk civil.

strobogo

Banned
Man, talk about muckraking.

Anyways, I have nothing really conductive to add to the conversation of the night, just wanted to say you guys are fucking Kawaii to the bone. If it wasn't for you guys, I probably wouldn't have checked wrestling again after a 10 year hiatus, but I'm already feeling kinda tapped out by it. It kind of triggers some sort of anxiety for me, but that's not the point. Unlike other posters who see this place as harboring ill-will amongst one another and gimmick posting, there's some good wholesome, PG fun to be had here. I'd still like to post in these threads, I just don't always have as much to say about the wrasslin' world as others.

Also, I never did my fav five, so here I go.

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin: This was the dude I always enjoyed watching, even when I couldn't watch on the regular (we was poo' when I was a kid and didn't have cable) as a kid. I liked his no nonsense attitude, even with his brawler style later in his career he could gel well with plenty of wrestlers and could put on a great match. He also seems to have a real, deep respect for the business and other wrestlers, even with his prominent spot in the industry.

2) Eddie Guerrero: I'll admit I haven't seen much of his WCW/ECW matches, but I enjoyed watching him in WWE. He was always highly charismatic, entertaining as fuck in the ring, and watching him win and defend his title at WM where some great highlights for me.

3) Kurt Angle: Again, based off of just his WWE run. Dude is great, he was incredibly versatile as a character and wrestler. He could go from a chicken-shit heel, to an intimidating wrestling machine.

4) The Rock: It took me a while to admit this, but I do like him. He was always the dude, I loved to hate regardless if he was a face or a heel. Sure, he's stringing of catchphrases can be annoying, but when it came down to putting on a good promo or a good match, he was up for the task. Not to mention he's sells one of the best stunners in the bizznass.

5)X-Pac: Because he had everything that he ever wanted, and he never gave it back.

Alright, wrasslegaffers I'ma take a swig for the working poster, catch yer asses down the road and keep that barbershop talk civil.

Kurt Angle is officially a TNA guy. His WWE run no longer counts.

VoxPop

Played DOR2 for the first time in a decade and man what a pos game this is from what I remember.

But damn was it nice to see

Muhammad Hassan, Eugene, Heidenreich, Snitsky, Maven and even Kenzo Suzuki.

Hasney

Played DOR2 for the first time in a decade and man what a pos game this is from what I remember.

But damn was it nice to see

Muhammad Hassan, Eugene, Heidenreich, Snitsky, Maven and even Kenzo Suzuki.

xKMrgIi.gif

The last actually good WWE game made certainly wasn't a POS.

VoxPop

xKMrgIi.gif

The last actually good WWE game made certainly wasn't a POS.

It's pretty mediocre. I had a ton of fun with it when I first got it ages ago but its severely dated now. Which I'm sure is the case with all the AKI and early smackdown games. HCTP definitely left me with a better impression during my last play.

Hasney

It's pretty mediocre. I had a ton of fun with it when I first got it ages ago but its severely dated now. Which I'm sure is the case with all the AKI and early smackdown games. HCTP definitely left me with a better impression during my last play.

It isn't. DoR2 is the whole reason I softmodded my Wii U so I can finally unhookup the Wii and play Day of Reckoning 2 with friends because everything after HCTP and DoR2 has been shit.

Fatal four way last man standing matches with moves being interrupted left right and centre is the most insane fun. HCTP hasn't aged well, but at least you can do elbow drops from a helicopter. For some reason, I ended up grinding the championships of WCW/nWo Revenge to unlock the characters again on Saturday. I clearly needed my Kanyon and Kidman.

VoxPop

It isn't. DoR2 is the whole reason I softmodded my Wii U so I can finally unhookup the Wii and play Day of Reckoning 2 with friends because everything after HCTP and DoR2 has been shit.

Fatal four way last man standing matches with moves being interrupted left right and centre is the most insane fun. HCTP hasn't aged well, but at least you can do elbow drops from a helicopter. For some reason, I ended up grinding the championships of WCW/nWo Revenge to unlock the characters again on Saturday. I clearly needed my Kanyon and Kidman.

To each their own I guess.

I personally had the most fun with SYM back in the day. Using a Goldberg CAW and spearing people off the top of the cell was a treat.

Me and my friend had our respective CAWs in HCTP. Mine having the Awesome Bomb / Razor's Edge as a finisher and him going with an Alley-Oop. Ended up with perfect match ending moments where one of us would reverse the latter and end up putting them through an exploding car.

World Tour / VPW2 / Revenge definitely had its charm and was far superior to anything DOR2 offered but I don't think I could play through more than a match today.

strobogo

Banned
To each their own I guess.

I personally had the most fun with SYM back in the day. Using a Goldberg CAW and spearing people off the top of the cell was a treat.

Me and my friend had our respective CAWs in HCTP. Mine having the Awesome Bomb / Razor's Edge as a finisher and him going with an Alley-Oop. Ended up with perfect match ending moments where one of us would reverse the latter and end up putting them through an exploding car.

World Tour / VPW2 / Revenge definitely had its charm and was far superior to anything DOR2 offered but I don't think I could play through more than a match today.

Revenge/WM2000/VP2/No Mercy hold up better mechanically than any Smackdown game. There were only a couple Smackdown games that had a really solid mechanics system (SvR/SvR 2006) and all of those improvements were immediately stripped to make the game more simple and boring.

Hasney

DoR 2 and the ability to just hit people mid move made it much better than it should have been for some reason. Missile dropkicking people while the go for their finisher is hilarious.

I wish they'd bring back the career modes of SYM and HCTP. They're the only 2 games that are fun to play on your own, but they had to have voice acting, so they did these shitty completely scripted careers instead. Hell, if they made their games actually playable these days, that would be a start...

And don't get me startedon one button reversals. Fucks sake.

VoxPop

I personally miss that giant rotating smackdown logo along with the matrix during finishers. I do distinctly remember SVR2006(?) having some great gameplay mechanics as well.

The issue with smackdown was whenever they had something I fucking loved put in (awesome bombs to the outside, the collision detection that would let me knock someone else over if I was swinging around someone for a move, great table mechanics without having to actually get on top, etc etc), they would always remove it in the next game. I would try and set up the most insane spots when I was a pure spot whore. Would have loved to have something like Twitch back in the day. I haven't played a wrestling game in a while. And hell these were literally system sellers for me. I bought Revenge and Mania 2000 despite not even having a N64 just so I could play at a friend's house. Until No Mercy came out of course. Last wrestling game I played was the one when they first introduced all the Attitude Era stars. WWE 13 I think. My interest in the product has died down considerably but I would still love a great wrestling game and 2K14/15 just doesn't seem to fit the bill.

You know whats the fucking worst? How they have those "moments" where its all set up for you to do some crazy spot. Totally ruins it.

VoxPop

Seriously, I only had 2 good spots in 2k15 and one of them was totally by accident.

ThirdYawningDamselfly.gif

KindlyQuarrelsomeGharial.gif

This game actually doesn't look too bad. Do they still not have 2 counts?

The beauty of setting up spots with a friend was doing it without actually telling each other and just preparing it for later in the match while still keeping it semi realistic. Purposely botching certain moves and running along a certain path awaiting the climax. Only letting him finish you with the perfect ending. Good times generated from 10+ years of wrestling gaming goodness and a healthy rivalry. Recreated some great moments in UFC games but nothing will ever top the over the top shit from wrestling games.

Hasney

This game actually doesn't look too bad. Do they still not have 2 counts?

The beauty of setting up spots with a friend was doing it without actually telling each other and just preparing it for later in the match while still keeping it semi realistic. Purposely botching certain moves and running along a certain path awaiting the climax. Only letting him finish you with the perfect ending. Good times generated from 10+ years of wrestling gaming goodness and a healthy rivalry. Recreated some great moments in UFC games but nothing will ever top the over the top shit from wrestling games.

They've taken out some of the best modes, but they still exist, you just can't select them on a menu. No stacking tables either, although you can still set them on fire, but without those holding and walking moves, it's kinda pointless.

There's also so many bugs its insane.

WeePlasticEuropeanfiresalamander.gif

VoxPop

They've taken out some of the best modes, but they still exist, you just can't select them on a menu. No stacking tables either, although you can still set them on fire, but without those holding and walking moves, it's kinda pointless.

There's also so many bugs its insane.

WeePlasticEuropeanfiresalamander.gif

I could live with the bugs but that no stacking tables and no dragging people bit really turned me off. And the little things like them not showing a portrait of semi-classic HHH/HBK in that match just shows how lazy they really are.

Hey so I was just skipping through this to see what they said about Lesnar and I landed on two moments where they happen to go about about divas matches being a piss break then follow up with 'i'm not a misogynist!' and then skipped to the main event and they say 'romany gypsy reigns' and that roman looks like a 'big gippo'. That's all I watched - 2 mins of footage, 2 mins of rancid crap. I checked out a video of theirs in the past and I remembered quickly that I shut it off for similar stupidity before.

These guys are awful and are a good example of idiot grown men 'smark' types with embarrassing attitudes. I say they get kept outta here, even if they seem to put some effort into their stuff, it's shit.

Hasney

WWE All Stars was the last great American wrestling game.

Always forget about this. Wish there was a sequel with more match types... Just thinking about doing some of the specials through 20 flaming tables off of a ladder makes me happy.

wwe-all-stars-o.gif

Striker

I could live with the bugs but that no stacking tables and no dragging people bit really turned me off. And the little things like them not showing a portrait of semi-classic HHH/HBK in that match just shows how lazy they really are.
Expect 2K to use more buzzwords and add back in removed match modes for 2K16. Still pissed they totally revamped the online, including community creations.

Wrestling tshirts? Pfft. This is the kind of thing you need to wear if you want respect out in public

yNz54AC.png

I have no idea how I'm still married tbh

I like the 3rd SUPLEX CITY BITCH tshirt but that's about it. Nice use of the 'city' theme and it slightly covers the swear.

Still would never wear a tshirt in public that had a heinous swear like that on it though :/

StevieWhite

What wrestling podcasts do you guys recommend I listen to? I don't listen to anything, except for Wrestling Observer stuff with Bryan (because he's hilarious).

These are relatively new, and the production needs some polish, but they land some amazing guests. They did an interview with Kane not too long ago that was pretty great. They also interviewed Austin Idol, which was awesome.

http://tmptofwrestling.com/

There is a large, vast gulf between "I think her points are terrible and she is not good at what she does" and "she is a terrible human being and wishing terrible things upon her".

Hell - I'd qualify myself as the first, and I actually like her; met her couple of times in RL, tend to run in similar social circles, had beverages and chatted with her for long periods of time. I may vehemently disagree with the viewpoints (w/r/t current theory in the topic being discussed) - but that's fairly normal. I'll second the comment about her being better in her later videos about point making.

Why is everyone hating on the Cena / Jericho podcast? I thought it was pretty decent. Cena shows why he is the man; Jericho likes to talk about himself and shoot the breeze, and Cena makes some veiled jabs at Reigns and himself. I approve.

You can disagree about the points someone is making or the way they're making them without getting into gender-based ad hominem attacks. I'd like to think Zephzilla has protocols built for that as RoboCop would.

Strong vs. Thatcher on that show could be a lot of fun. In fact, that Evolve card looks pretty solid.

Top Bottom