• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Speaking of Fave Fives, let's talk Fave Five Women Wrasslers.

5. Athena
4. Sasha Banks
3. Bull Nakano
2. Beth Phoenix
1. Alpha Female
Current:
5. Pollyanna
4. Candice LeRae
3. Portia Perez
2. Becky Lynch
1. Sasha Banks

All time:
5. Lita
4. Mickie James
3. Kong
2. Beth Phoenix
1. Sara Del Rey

I need to catch up on the last few SHIMMER volumes. And watch some 90's AJW. That said, Fave Fives are personal likes, rather than trying to be objective, right?

All Time;

5. Devil Masami
4. Manami Toyota
3. Akira Hokuto
2. Bull Nakano
1. Aja Kong

Current;

5. Evie
4. Athena
3. Hikaru Shida
2. Mia Yim
1. Meiko Satomura

Wednesdays I actually used to look forward to because I loved the TNA weekly PPVs. I was on the bandwagon of Jarrett needing to drop the title as well but looking back compared to what TNA would become, those Jarrett matches were fun.

Yeah sure it was the same "brawl in the crowd" match every month with a guitar shot and the "stroke" but they weren't bad matches. With some people they were better matches than others. You knew you were getting a good match say with Jarrett/Styles, Jarrett/Daniels, or Jarrett/Raven. There were also times when Jarrett had surprisingly good matches with Monty Brown and Kevin Nash among others.

I remember when I actually watched TNA and I miss that. There were times when it was actually passable and you could overlook all the crap they did.

Do any of you who follow the indy scene in Texas have any opinions on Steve O Reno or Ricky Starks? Thumbs up/thumbs down? Also has anyone signed up for the Progress on demand service yet? How has that experience been? Thinking about giving it a shot once I pick up a chromecast.

Also has anyone signed up for the Progress on demand service yet? How has that experience been? Thinking about giving it a shot once I pick up a chromecast.
Haven't tried it on Chromecast yet, but I'm signed up and it works pretty well. The experience on the website you get as a subscriber is the same as if you're not subscribed, just unlocks the full videos rather than previews. It's the same as ICW On Demand, if you've tried that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current:

I need to catch up on the last few SHIMMER volumes. And watch some 90's AJW. That said, Fave Fives are personal likes, rather than trying to be objective, right?

Right, personal likes.

Wednesdays I actually used to look forward to because I loved the TNA weekly PPVs. I was on the bandwagon of Jarrett needing to drop the title as well but looking back compared to what TNA would become, those Jarrett matches were fun.

Yeah sure it was the same "brawl in the crowd" match every month with a guitar shot and the "stroke" but they weren't bad matches. With some people they were better matches than others. You knew you were getting a good match say with Jarrett/Styles, Jarrett/Daniels, or Jarrett/Raven. There were also times when Jarrett had surprisingly good matches with Monty Brown and Kevin Nash among others.

I remember when I actually watched TNA and I miss that. There were times when it was actually passable and you could overlook all the crap they did.

Monty Brown is good people. In a way that was TNA's most damning part - they had the POTENTIAL to be passable, but shit the bed every week for...a few consecutive years.

Fave Five female wrestlers!

1. Beth Phoenix
  2. Bull Nakano
  3. Madusa
  4. Jacqueline
  5. Bayley

Jackie was sooooo good. She also won that bikini contest hands down, that wasn't even a question for me. But she was legit as FUCK, loved watching her wrassle.

Do any of you who follow the indy scene in Texas have any opinions on Steve O Reno or Ricky Starks? Thumbs up/thumbs down? Also has anyone signed up for the Progress on demand service yet? How has that experience been? Thinking about giving it a shot once I pick up a chromecast.

I know our pal Pristine_Condition keeps up down there.

Hasney

I'm really digging this new viral means of starting a feud. The payoff at Wrestlemania 32 should be excellent.

hXjfD7r.gif

Hogan is already dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;159328081 said:
real talk: far more excited for the human revolution sequel than I ever was for MGS5~

Why couldn't square give Sleeping Dogs the same treatment
TIDJK.gif

Kind of bummed they're going with Jensen again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
¡HarlequinPanic!;159328081 said:
real talk: far more excited for the human revolution sequel than I ever was for MGS5~

Is it because MGSV sounds like some sort of quasi-Splinter Cell than a real MGS sequel?

past timeline MGS just doesn't really interest me. who cares about big boss? No matter what wrinkles and twists you throw into his plot at the end of the day his big dream was to make some sort of nation of only soldiers or some shit? that sounds stupid. And dumb. And stupid! prequels are dumb. At least we got the sublime ending sequence in MGS3 out of em.

Deus Ex, despite its age feels like a more fresh idea, something that explores the crazy ass future that something like MGS2/4 and rising showed while still having some fuckin' weight and depth to it instead of being some inane bullshit like Rising was (fun as that game was to play).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But WWE.com says Green Bay

I'm missing some kind of joke here, aint I
R-Truth made this mistake and mixed the two up on the mic in the ring. Shows up a lot on blunder top tens because of cole's "you idiot!" Which is pretty mean spirited

Chamber

love on your sleeve
nah, silent hills is the one that's dead at this point. Revengeance was mostly sans-Kojima already, so it can still happen

I feel like that was a Kojima endorsed deal though. I think the only way Revengeance 2 happens is if it's so far along that it's pointless to cancel it.

XenoRaven

¡HarlequinPanic!;159331969 said:
past timeline MGS just doesn't really interest me. who cares about big boss? No matter what wrinkles and twists you throw into his plot at the end of the day his big dream was to make some sort of nation of only soldiers or some shit? that sounds stupid. And dumb. And stupid! prequels are dumb. At least we got the sublime ending sequence in MGS3 out of em.

Deus Ex, despite its age feels like a more fresh idea, something that explores the crazy ass future that something like MGS2/4 and rising showed while still having some fuckin' weight and depth to it instead of being some inane bullshit like Rising was (fun as that game was to play).
Big Boss's story takes place mostly during the Cold War, where his country had betrayed him and the Soviet Union would likely not accept him. He had no skills outside of fighting. He had no unit or country to belong to. When he started meeting other soldiers in a similar situation he had the idea that an army without a nation was the only place for him and people like him to belong and have a purpose. Maybe it doesn't particularly interest you, but I don't think it's a dumb idea.

Zach

I finished One Night Stand. JBL is the biggest douche ever for beating up the Blue F'ing Meanie. I mean, why ruin that guy's night? Pathetic and disgusting.

I'm glad WWE is so anti-bullying now. Yet that guy is on their main commentary team.

I finished One Night Stand. JBL is the biggest douche ever for beating up the Blue F'ing Meanie. I mean, why ruin that guy's night? Pathetic and disgusting.

I'm glad WWE is so anti-bullying now. Yet that guy is on their main commentary team.

And then they tried to work it into a storyline because a Blue Meanie vs. JBL feud will definitely draw ratings.

strobogo

Banned
Speaking of Fave Fives, let's talk Fave Five Women Wrasslers.

5. Athena
4. Sasha Banks
3. Bull Nakano
2. Beth Phoenix
1. Alpha Female

1. Bull Nakano
2. Akira Hokuto
3. Sasha Banks
4. Charlotte
5. Manami Toyota

But really my list is Bull Nakano 5 times.

And then they tried to work it into a storyline because a Blue Meanie vs. JBL feud will definitely draw ratings.

I have to assume it got turned into a storyline and Blue Meanie got rehired so there wouldn't be a lawsuit.

I hope he doesn't end up getting the same border problems the Super Smash Brothers currently have. I miss them in the American indies.

Is that why Uno and Stupefied seemed to have disappeared from the US indy scene? That's a shame.

On the other hand, Max Boyer has not been missed. Canadian Dynamite indeed.

Sephzilla

I feel like that was a Kojima endorsed deal though. I think the only way Revengeance 2 happens is if it's so far along that it's pointless to cancel it.

Its a Kojima endorsed deal in the sense that Kojima gave the thumbs up to Platinum to make the game after Kojima's own team dropped the brass ring

RP912

Banned
I been on a huge Cities Skylines kick lately. Last night I had to re arranged my city because of the education milestone putting all of the warehouse workers out of business.

Hard times man :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I been on a huge Cities Skylines kick lately. Last night I had to re arranged my city because of the education milestone putting all of the warehouse workers out of business.

Hard times man :/

Really? Really? You got a computah to do their jobs, daddeh?

Top Bottom