• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Speaking of Fave Fives, let's talk Fave Five Women Wrasslers.

5. Athena
4. Sasha Banks
3. Bull Nakano
2. Beth Phoenix
1. Alpha Female

Active, North American
1. Sasha Banks
2. Charlotte
3. Kimber Lee
4. Athena
5. Bayley

This was surprisingly hard, even with the limiters I put on. I could stick Cheerleader Melissa, Veda Scott, Portia Perez, Candice LeRae, or Mia Yim easily in the list. Cherry Bomb, Mercedes Martinez, Angel Blue and Barbi Hayden also crossed my mind.

As far as Joshi goes, Hikaru Shida crossed my mind, but I couldn't come up with anyone else.

All Time
1. Bull Nakano
2. Sherri Martel
3. Sara Del Rey
4. Awesome/Amazing Kong
5. Aja Kong

It feels weird to have an all-time list without Manami Toyota on it. Jaguar Yokota didn't have the longevity. Akira Hokuto and Mariko Yoshida crossed my mind. I would have loved to include Ayako Hamada, Mickie James and Gail Kim.

1. Bull Nakano
2. Akira Hokuto
3. Sasha Banks
4. Charlotte
5. Manami Toyota

But really my list is Bull Nakano 5 times.

I have to assume it got turned into a storyline and Blue Meanie got rehired so there wouldn't be a lawsuit.

Wasn't Meanie gonna sue, but took the match w/ the bWo (& TV time instead)?

That's how I remember it, and I remember joking at the time that Meanie was a mark because he didn't sue to at least get a settlement. But it still might have worked out for him financially.

RP912

Banned
Really? Really? You got a computah to do their jobs, daddeh?

dusty-rhodes-hard-time-o.gif

adapt or perish babah!

Recall

I have 2 Bryan Danielson t-shirts and 1 Claudio Castagnoli t-shirt from the ROH store I bought back in 2006.

One the wife uses to wear as night clothes and the others I wear around the house, even to this day as emergency I'm a lazy bastard type tees.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
current: hiroyo matsumoto, kairi hojo, ayako hamada, tsubasa kuragaki, akino
all time: dump matsumoto, bull nakano, toshiyo yamada, natsuki taiyo, dynamite kansai
akinoq3suo.gif

zHHzrsn.gif

Hamada was in TNA, right? I liked her. She seemed like a bad ass.

she's probably, in my opinion the best all arounder in womens wrestling doing it

Hamada was in TNA, right? I liked her. She seemed like a bad ass. Sarita was pretty dope, too.

Just another example of TNA fucking up something that could have been good.

Hamada did have matches against Aja Kong and Sara Del Rey at Chikara's JoshiMania shows; I remember them being pretty good, but it's been a while.

Hamada also faced Del Rey at Shimmer 28, Cheerleader Melissa at Shimmer 32, Kana at Shimmer 50, Portia Perez at Shimmer 51, and Athena at Shimmer 52 and 53. So there's a good amount of Hamada material fairly easily accessible.

XenoRaven

I wasn't talking shit! It was a legitimate question. Does she dump people onto the mat? Is she from the city dump? Inquiring minds want to know.

Kaladin

Real Talk:

Sara Del Rey was the first women's wrestler I ever looked at and thought, "this is legit.".

I'm not surprised at all that she's at the head of a renaissance of women's wrestling in WWE.

Fave Five Women's Wrestlers of All Times

1: Sara Del Rey
2: Michelle McCool
3: Charlotte
4: Awesome Kong (Kharma)
5: I don't really have a five.

klonere

Banned
I still don't understand how 100% of the people who have taken this move aren't dead or paralyzed.

dreams dream move

Why couldn't square give Sleeping Dogs the same treatment

Kind of bummed they're going with Jensen again.

Sleeping Dogs was amazing, I hope they get another shot at it when they are done with Just Cause 3

looking forward to NXT tonight, Becky is prolly gonna have a match yay

klonere

Banned
can anyone give me a rundown on what happened with Zac Ryder? I keep seeing him being brought up in relation to the recent Cena interview on the network (and the Vince one before that)

can anyone give me a rundown on what happened with Zac Ryder? I keep seeing him being brought up in relation to the recent Cena interview on the network (and the Vince one before that)

Ryder got over entirely on his own via his Youtube channel, and was buried as a result. I'm talking actually buried, no hyperbole. He was made to look like a complete loser each week despite the audience losing their shit demanding to see him on Raw. Vince even "ribbed" him by saying that he was planned to be on an episode of Raw while they were in Jersey, and at the last minute told him that he was joking.

strobogo

Banned

Got himself a following online with his webshow, internet believed he was over in real life (which he was, but only in smarky towns), got put in an angle with Kane/Eve/Cena, was made to look like a total putz, never recovered. Also, not very good at promos or wrestling.

Ryder got over entirely on his own via his Youtube channel, and was buried as a result. I'm talking actually buried, no hyperbole. He was made to look like a complete loser each week despite the audience losing their shit demanding to see him on Raw. Vince even "ribbed" him by saying that he was planned to be on an episode of Raw while they were in Jersey, and at the last minute told him that he was joking.

Bd62OFmIEAAm3Z5.jpg

MoosiferX

Got himself a following online with his webshow, internet believed he was over in real life (which he was, but only in smarky towns), got put in an angle with Kane/Eve/Cena, was made to look like a total putz, never recovered. Also, not very good at promos or wrestling.

That's cold blooded Mr. Strobogo. I always thought he was a pretty sound wrestler. His match with Christian when they were on ECW was solid.

And it wasn't just smarky towns -- he was over enough with kids that they made a ton of merchandise. I remember seeing kids with the foam bro fists and spiked hair thingies. After WWE killed him they took the same spiked hairs and made them orange for Sheamus. :(

Hasney

That's cold blooded Mr. Strobogo. I always thought he was a pretty sound wrestler. His match with Christian when they were on ECW was solid.

And it wasn't just smarky towns -- he was over enough with kids that they made a ton of merchandise. I remember seeing kids with the foam bro fists and spiked hair thingies. After WWE killed him they took the same spiked hairs and made them orange for Sheamus. :(

It's difficult to have a bad match with a man like Christian.

strobogo

Banned
Ryder was the proto-Daniel Bryan, except the fans didn't really care and put up no resistence when Ryder was berried. None at all. Then immediately moved on. The internet made him their cause of the week, but shit didn't matter because Ryder is an average at best talent who overachieved to be a US Champion and being involved with Cena in anyway.

MoosiferX

¡HarlequinPanic!;159355918 said:
he got over and then dyed his hair blonde after wwe printed shirts with his logo having brown hair and they got really mad and stopped his push.

Hah, I always wondered the real reason he was stomped out. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Top Bottom