• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jmdajr

I love this gif

3hj5J.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only Ryder jiff worth using, besides the heartbroken one

2JY9ZVo.gif

strobogo

Banned
Ryder was the number 3 merch seller in the company, he was destroyed every week on TV and they stopped printing his merch, sunny please

Because "Lord Cena" was mad he might get out sold? That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I wish Punk had never released that shitty podcast. We'll never be rid of "dumb as fuck", "make X look strong", and the idea Vince McMahon gets mad or scared when someone outsells Cena merch and has them punished as a result.

Couldn't be that Ryder only got a push by forcing his employers hand in public and then had it derailed by constantly bitching about them online every chance he got even DURING his big push. You know, the same reason why Dolph never gets put in the top spot.

Dude is off the rails and has been for years. It's no wonder they didn't want any part of him.

Not that he didn't look weird before but he looks strange in the recent TNA episodes, his face looks bloated but he still looks sick... I don't know, strange combination.

jmdajr

Zack should get a job at WWE.COM or some show on the Newtork. As an in ring performer, he's just not that good. He's has to think outside the box and apply his love for wrestling some other way.

jmdajr

Not that he didn't look weird before but he looks strange in the recent TNA episodes, his face looks bloated but he still looks sick... I don't know, strange combination.

Who knows what kind of heart damage he has. Scary to think about, but I don't think he'd ever pass a WWE physical.

XenoRaven

I thought Dolph wasn't the top guy because he can only cut "I'm not getting my due" promos, so when he's actually getting his due he can no longer fill time on the mic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dolph ain't a top dude because, well, ask yourself this question

Who IS Dolph Ziggler? What are his motivations? What drives him?

I ask myself that and I say shit, I don't think anything are his motivations. I don't think anything drives him. Pair that up with Rusev, for instance - clear motivations and driving force behind his work. Cena? Same. Roman Reigns? Absolutely. Bork Laser? Yup. They all have clear motivations and driving forces behind them. Dolph just has nothing. He's a body in the ring who can work, but has no REASON to (storyline wise)

Sephzilla

Dolph ain't a top dude because, well, ask yourself this question

Who IS Dolph Ziggler? What are his motivations? What drives him?

I ask myself that and I say shit, I don't think anything are his motivations. I don't think anything drives him. Pair that up with Rusev, for instance - clear motivations and driving force behind his work. Cena? Same. Roman Reigns? Absolutely. Bork Laser? Yup. They all have clear motivations and driving forces behind them. Dolph just has nothing. He's a body in the ring who can work, but has no REASON to (storyline wise)

This is pretty true. Dolph has no real character, he's a guy who puts on entertaining matches and dies a minimum of 3 times a match. He doesn't get pushes because he talks on twitter, he doesn't get pushes because he doesn't have a character. It's the same reason Bryan is the IC Champ right now instead of the World Champ.

XenoRaven

Was Ryder really talking shit about the company in his videos and on Twitter though? Most of the stuff I saw was him using insider terms and self-deprecating humor.

Sephzilla

Was Ryder really talking shit about the company in his videos and on Twitter though? Most of the stuff I saw was him using insider terms and self-deprecating humor.

He would complain that he couldn't get a 3 minute segment on 3 hour show. Honestly, it's a legit complaint. But he did kind of air laundry out on twitter more than he should have.

Kaladin

It's not that he was talking shit about the company, it's that he was trying to get himself over by doing his own thing outside of the company.

In a heavily scripted environment, that is kind of a no-no.

Ryder may as well just start tagging with Hawkins again on the indies again, because he's totally getting cut in the next round

¡HarlequinPanic!;159365326 said:
I know this about zack ryder,

it really fuckin' sucked when his lame ass friends on his show tried to ride his coattails with their own versions, oof.

you talkin bout the Midcard Mafia? with illustrious """"""midcarders"""""" Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I complained on Twitter about being underappreciated at my job, I would expect repercussions. Especially if you have over a million followers seeing that shit.

Ryder is a dipshit for that. Same with Ziggler.

RE: Dolph

tumblr_mn7wgcpEtU1rsglg4o2_250.gif

As SunnyMac stated, there's no character to Ziggler. He likes to compete and make the fans happy. That's it? Therefore, there's no reason he should be competing for titles. He's only in the mid-card title matches because he sells and the fans mostly like him. But there's neither motivation nor personality there.

Oh, bother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I want to clarify, I did state that's why he's not a TOP guy. He's just a guy. Midcard is fine, anyway. You can do a lot there. Mr. Perfect sure did.

klonere

Banned
his youtube videos seem....in earnest. I mean at least he was trying unlike those other millennials that are supposedly lazy jackasses who don't stand up for themselves or something

Sephzilla

Part of the problem with Ziggler is that its really fucking hard to be a face in modern WWE and actually have any sort of character. Most wrestlers, after turning face, turn into bland "I just want to wrestle and entertain you guys" characters who lost a ton of real motivation.

notworksafe

Sounds like the Cena interview was spot on. If you don't have something to hook people, you won't make it big time.

I actually watched that last night and not sure where the complaints were coming from. I thought it was an enjoyable interview and it was nice to hear some stories of Cena coming up and his thoughts on WWE and the business.

I hate how Ziggler's matches are all basically the same. I know everyone repeats moves and spots, but with him it's incredibly noticeable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate how Ziggler's matches are all basically the same. I know everyone repeats moves and spots, but with him it's incredibly noticeable.

That sounds more like a WWE problem than a Ziggler problem. They're all incredibly telegraphed and that's what NXT is training all their students to do now.

strobogo

Banned
his youtube videos seem....in earnest. I mean at least he was trying unlike those other millennials that are supposedly lazy jackasses who don't stand up for themselves or something

His version of "trying" is making Youtube videos complaining instead of going up to his boss, well known for respecting talent who speak their mind to him. And then complaining on twitter. Why would you reward that type of behavior?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Here's where I completely disagree. It's a total shitface Millennial Move to make a little cute video series instead of talk to the people in charge about the issues you have. Millennials do that shit - not grown folks.

Sounds like the Cena interview was spot on. If you don't have something to hook people, you won't make it big time.

I actually watched that last night and not sure where the complaints were coming from. I thought it was an enjoyable interview and it was nice to hear some stories of Cena coming up and his thoughts on WWE and the business.

It's fine, but some of us just fuckin' hate Chris Jericho a lot these days because he's such a pandering "Look at how cool I am" guy and it gives people a bad taste in the mouth.

A fine wrestler, but he's guilty of one or two too many comebacks and now it's more like...stay gone for a while, pal.

Sephzilla

Real Talk:

Without the "Yes Movement", Daniel Bryan would be Dolph Ziggler 2.0.

Honestly, Bryan is Ziggler 2.0 now. He's a guy who has no character and just loves entertaining fans with matches. After Team Hell No broke up his character faded away and was basically gone by the time he feuded with Kane for the belt.

notworksafe

Also Cena's Michael Hayes impression is pretty spot on. I laughed when he busted it out.

It's fine, but some of us just fuckin' hate Chris Jericho a lot these days because he's such a pandering "Look at how cool I am" guy and it gives people a bad taste in the mouth.

A fine wrestler, but he's guilty of one or two too many comebacks and now it's more like...stay gone for a while, pal.
That's fair but dude was a pro wrestler and now tours with a band. He has no interest in being out of the spotlight.

His interview style is cool though because he tries to lead people into telling stories with his open ended questions. It's hit or miss depending on his guest and I thought it was a hit with Cena.

Hasney

I don't have a problem with Zigglers lack of character, he serves a purpose. My perfect wrestling roster has a mix of guys with interesting characters who can at least somewhat go at the top of the card along with amazing in ring guys like Bryan that can pull the best out of them. Mid card filled of people like Ziggler, Steamboat and Hennig like guys who need to find the missing piece to break through but put great matches on that will quite often be the best match of the night. Undercard would basically be the WCW Cruiserweight division. I think that always set a tone and a pace that got people going and hyped for the rest of the show.

Top Bottom