• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Thorakai

I thought we all agreed Rollins was the guy desperately trying to reach the top and stay there to compensate for his other...shortcomings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny how Brock was basically meant to be the guy but didn't last very long.

Cena sure took advantage of him not being able to handle the schedule.

But maybe Bork still got the last laugh?

Cena actually took advantage of Orton being a turd. He was third in line at the very best.

Brock always had the advantage over WWE that he is basically built to be Vince's 'guy' and the ability to impress any detractor. Kind of like a modern Sid that can wrestle much better and isn't so stupid. Guaranteed spot whenever he wanted it.

jmdajr

Cena actually took advantage of Orton being a turd. He was third in line at the very best.

Brock always had the advantage over WWE that he is basically built to be Vince's 'guy' and the ability to impress any detractor. Kind of like a modern Sid that can wrestle much better and isn't so stupid. Guaranteed spot whenever he wanted it.

Hell even Batista was ahead. But next thing you know he's getting shipped to Smackdown.

Hasney

He keeps saying he's the Face Of Fear but he doesn't get any spooky promos or pop scares where he just appears behind dudes in the ring. Something like that or maybe some crazy fog when he shows up would be cool.

iV01C63VI9cpA.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hell even Batista was ahead. But next thing you know he's getting shipped to Smackdown.

I always assumed they put Batista on Smackdown because, even though he was a more desirable candidate for them, Cena was younger and could be worth making the face of the WWE since he'd be around longer.

And they were right. Works out anyhow as I can't imagine Batista working Cena's schedule.

jmdajr

I always assumed they put Batista on Smackdown because, even though he was a more desirable candidate for them, Cena was younger and could be worth making the face of the WWE since he'd be around longer.

And they were right. Works out anyhow as I can't imagine Batista working Cena's schedule.

WWE invested right. If not him.... then... who would have been the guy?
Most are either dead or retired.

MC Safety

Bray is a character who is really hurt by not winning any of his feuds

Bray is also helped by the fact the WWE "universe" is so into audience participation it makes his entrances seem majestic.

I don't know, maybe the guy is an actual cult figure. He's certainly got a lot of people fooled into thinking he's this great speaker with lots of interesting things to say. And that his wrestling and charisma is such that he deserves to be -- what? -- among the WWE's top five wrestlers?

For my part, I see Husky Harris with a new gimmick that's taken him a lot farther than was to be expected.

klonere

Banned
its not like characters matter anyway - nobody gets any consistent promo time outside of The Authority shit, Bray and Cena. anybody else getting the mic for any length of time on a week to week basis to build character. midcarders get 30 second backstage interviews at most and all the good shit gets shunted to the app or youtube.

remember that raw at the very end of last year where Ryback and Cesaro got an in ring promo? Midcarders????? Of course we all know what happened with Cesaro but mistakes happen its fucking live TV and god fucking dammnit if I'd take a mistake in a promo from say Luke Harper over Kane telling me that he's STACKING THE ODDS AGAINST THE BABYFACE. Dear god give me a Stardust promo every week.

Characters matter in the long run. The problem is WWE just cuts the balls off of everyone with main event potential through either their booking or just having everyone cowtow to Steph and/or be buried by HHH.

klonere

Banned
Characters matter in the long run. The problem is WWE just cuts the balls off of everyone with main event potential through either their booking or just having everyone cowtow to Steph and/or be buried by HHH.

oh yeah they definitely do matter but they don't seem to want to let anything breathe or be natural. i guess its another "wait till Vince is gone" problem.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder why Kondo never went further. He's still great. And he was way ahead of the curve on the 'super strong junior power mullet' craze. Must have been loyalty to Mutoh.
ZZvgMw3.gif

Kaladin

Seems AR Fox is gone from WWNLive because he double booked himself for one of EVOLVE's upcoming shows. Meh.

On his Facebook Page, AR Fox, while posting a photo of the announced EVOLVE lineup for next week from their website, wrote the following:

"Just sayin. This is the cards for next weeks EVOLVE shows. It's 9 days away and not one match announced on this card. And since there's a huge lack of communication checking the "DGUSA" website is how I know if I'm booked or not. So when there was about two weeks left I booked myself. And now they wanna take it personally that I was making sure I lined up booking so I didn't have an empty weekend without even tryin to understand. Cause honestly my loyalty was to them of if we just talked like "adults" for a few mins I woulda ended up doin EVOLVE anyway cause that's how I am. But instead I got responses in all caps with cusses. And tryin to future endeavor me like the WWE. Tellin me they wish me the best and hope to see me on Lucha Underground when a few months back they held me back from it when Lucha sent me details on a contract ha. And yea I didn't like they flights they got me cause they were to the wrong f**kin state of course I didn't like having my girl drive me an hour and a half to the airport and then pick me from there which means we'd hit tolls 4xs when they coulda just flew my from CT (like every other promoter that flies me) where the airport is 30 mins away from me with no tolls. So yea man they just made this shit into a storyline but this is what it is. Flights wouldnt of been an issue I still drive 15 hrs to shows. It was jus that our relation is goin on 5 years. I jus want everyone to Know I'm cool n jus wanna wrestle but they got sensitive way too quick over a booking."

PWInsider.com contacted Gabe Sapolsky regarding AR Fox's Facebook statement (which we ran earlier today):

"I am very disappointed to read Fox's statement. He has been a very valuable member of our roster and I've enjoyed working with him through the years. We've had some great times together on the road.

I am very disheartened to read this but I must clarify a few things:

Fox confirmed the April 17th and 18th dates via text with me on March 17th. I contacted him on Facebook messenger on Monday to go over his matches for Florida. He then informed he had taken another booking on April 18th.

Without getting into great detail on the conversation, I treated Fox with the respect he deserved after everything we had been through together. He claimed that I "cussed" him". I said the F word once in the context of saying, "This is F'd up."

Fox also claims I used all caps, implying I was yelling at him. The only word in capital is the word "Never" in the context that we never canceled a booking on him.

I am very disappointed and sorry that our relationship has ended this way and wish Fox the greatest of success."

Well damn.

I say good riddance to AR Fox if that is his attitude about things.

I stand by saying Ryback's "I used to be Skip Sheffield and then I got hurt and read 'The Secret' and now I'm Ryback" promo to have been terrible

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought we all agreed Rollins was the guy desperately trying to reach the top and stay there to compensate for his other...shortcomings.

Everyone who saw those pictures told me he had a normal sized dick. I'm assuming we're saying its small because its GAF and everyone's packing an 8 incher.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He keeps saying he's the Face Of Fear but he doesn't get any spooky promos or pop scares where he just appears behind dudes in the ring. Something like that or maybe some crazy fog when he shows up would be cool.

All he does is randomly beat up random people he wants to have feuds with.

klonere

Banned
I stand by saying Ryback's "I used to be Skip Sheffield and then I got hurt and read 'The Secret' and now I'm Ryback" promo to have been terrible

i thought it was extremely corny and dumb as fuck but also very endearing.

sadly that was 4 months ago at this stage and i am back to not giving a fuck about Ryback

edit: also that was a promo to set up his feud with Rusev. Wonder what happened there

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone who saw those pictures told me he had a normal sized dick. I'm assuming we're saying its small because its GAF and everyone's packing an 8 incher.

You didn't look? Acceptable girth, good vein coverage. Why didn't you look?

Because it was a whole lot of nothing. Nothing he said would matter the next week and had nothing to do with what he was doing then. It came off like some guy rambling on instead of telling some sort of story.

He just recently came back from injury and was talking about his past. Talked about why he acted like a dick and he wasn't proud of it. Gave a bit of where he came from and what he plans on doing. Gave him character.

How is it not mattering the next week a fault of him or the promo? That is more on booking than anything.

Also PWG dates:

May 22nd - DDT4 2015
June 26th - Rock and Shock The Nation
July 24th - Threemendous IV
August 28th, 29th, 30th - 2015 Battle of Los Angeles

Going to try to make it out there in August.

Top Bottom