• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xO8CEHN.gif

scabro

And you couple that with the fact that Roman delivered a hot promo on Raw, and you start to wonder why certain posters and fans felt so obligated to ruin Roman's childhood and family dream in the name of an anti-vax, disheveled, broken down individual. You'd almost think that it was all just a cover for trying to get themselves over.

RP912

Banned
Most #4s in a series are odd. Look at Alien Resurrection and Jaws The Revenge.

They need some big hook to capture an audience who has already sat through 3, likely seen a completed story arc and they need to justify continuing it on.

Die Hard 4 wasn't odd...matter of fact it was better than 3.

dream

I'm going to take it a step further, friends, and say that Daniel Bryan coming back, keeping the same moveset, knowing that the coronation of Roman Reigns was the plan for WrestleMania, is one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in professional wrestling.

The only good that came of it was that I discovered that Daniel Bryan fans hate being called "Daniel Bryan Fans."

Recall

Die Hard 3 is a mash up of 2 movies and that ending was super weak.

Speaking of super weak are all the WCW World War 3 shows considered to be shit or did they secretly have a decent PPV under the World War 3 name?

Sephzilla

Die Hard 3 features a Gruber as a villain, who's not as cool as Hans.
Die Hard 3 features a Gruber making scary threats under a strange/crazy belief
Die Hard 3 features a Gruber going "surprise it's a glorified bank robbery" and the other shit was just a distraction
Die Hard 3 gives McClain a black sidekick again
Die Hard 3 has John and Holly separated again

It's the same fucking movie, only not stuck in one building this time. Die Hard 2 gets a lot of shit for being "the first movie in an airport" but Die Hard 2 actually tries harder than 3 does.

Whatever the case never saw 5 because I didn't want to cry.

Ugh, Die Hard 5. The guy playing McClain's son sucks and Willis is so obviously senile and grumpy that he's involved with the movie.

RP912

Banned
Die Hard 3 is a mash up of 2 movies and that ending was super weak.

Speaking of super weak are all the WCW World War 3 shows considered to be shit or did they secretly have a decent PPV under the World War 3 name?

the first WW3 was actually ok despite Hogan shitting up the ending.

Die Hard 4 wasn't odd...matter of fact it was better than 3.

4 had that one good scene where he's trying to avoid the fighter jet but that's about it. That scene probably looks all terrible now since it was all CGI.

5's terrible, I couldn't even make it past the halfway point before changing the channel. It also looked cheap.

dream

Which Superstars would you cast if WWE Studios acquired the production rights for Die Hard 6? I think Fandango could offer an interesting interpretation of John McClane.

somedevil

If this spoiler is true Sheamus gimmick is he is Vince McMahon:

Dolph challenged Sheamus to a match on the spot. Sheamus said "kiss me arse." Sheamus said he would face Dolph in a "kiss me arse" match at Extreme Rules...

Not sure this match is going to be PG.

Sephzilla

The only good thing Die Hard 5 does is continues the escalation of McClain's crisis

Die Hard 1 = McClain has to save a building
Die Hard 2 = McClain has to save an airport
Die Hard 3 = McClain has to save New York
Die Hard 4 = McClain has to save America
Die Hard 5 = McClain has to save the world

If Die Hard 6 ever happens, it's going to be so fucking crazy.

Kaladin

The only good thing Die Hard 5 does is continues the escalation of McClain's crisis

Die Hard 1 = McClain has to save a building
Die Hard 2 = McClain has to save an airport
Die Hard 3 = McClain has to save New York
Die Hard 4 = McClain has to save America
Die Hard 5 = McClain basically saves the world

If Die Hard 6 ever happens, it's going to be so fucking crazy.

Die Hard 6: John McClain joins the cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.

RP912

Banned
4 had that one good scene where he's trying to avoid the fighter jet but that's about it. That scene probably looks all terrible now since it was all CGI.

5's terrible, I couldn't even make it past the halfway point before changing the channel. It also looked cheap.

4 also had that scene where Mcclain launch a friggin taxi at a helicopter. The movie was so over the top it was amazing.

Sephzilla

4 also had that scene where Mcclain launch a friggin taxi at a helicopter. The movie was so over the top it was amazing.

The over-the-top shit in Die Hard 4 is what made it a fun movie. McClain kills a helicopter with a car. Beats a harrier with a goddamn semi truck. The fight with that parkour dude was fun too.

Which Superstars would you cast if WWE Studios acquired the production rights for Die Hard 6? I think Fandango could offer an interesting interpretation of John McClane.

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Kaladin

The over-the-top shit in Die Hard 4 is what made it a fun movie. McClain kills a helicopter with a car. Beats a harrier with a goddamn semi truck. The fight with that parkour dude was fun too.

Yeah, they got Die Hard 4 right......if you want to see Die Hard 5, you're probably better off watching a movie like 16 Blocks and pretending the main dude is McClain.

So we've established that Danny Bryan is a horrible person, a spotlight-hogging gloryhound who got cleared via a medically dubious method and then sucked the heat off of a promising young star with little in-ring mileage, all to get "one last run" where he looked mostly like a shell of his former self and was only useful as a canvas for Roman to paint a beautiful picture of a handsome Samoan with explosive hard-hitting strikes.

The question is, which person should get the mega heel heat by accidentally on purposing the goatface little troll into retirement oblivion? My vote is for Miniak, but I don't know how the office will respond to that suggestion.

Sephzilla

Actually, this is fun.

Casting choices if WWE acquired famous action movie franchises.

Die Hard
Steve Austin = McClain
Paul Heyman = Villain

The Transporter
Cesaro = Jason Statham

Predator
Brock Lesnar = Arnold's character
Jesse Ventura = Himself
Finn Balor = The Predator

Terminator
Rusev = The Terminator
Seth Rollins = Kyle Reese
Charlotte = Sarah Conner
Dolph Zigger = T-1000 (for the sequel)

Rocky
John Cena = Rocky Balboa
Titus O'Niel = Apollo Creed
Zeb Coulter = Mic

kiguel182

I haven't finished watchign Raw but Randy Orton beating the tag team champions by himself is one of those facepalm moments that this company seems so good at doing. Just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Daniel Bryan is "in bad shape" I would certainly chalk the cause for it up to his anti-vax standing. Eventually it catches up with you.

Top Bottom