• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jmdajr

Yeah the salt Punk still has for wrestling is starting to bug me too. At this point he should be over it.

It's a shame too, the guy was one of my favorite talents when he was still with the company

Shitting on every other performer is going to far. And that's what he is doing.

So, which company is bigger in Mexico: CMLL or AAA?

Historically CMLL is the biggest company in Mexico. Its always had the biggest names and strongest media outreach. AAA was more of the sports entertainment company with crazy gimmicks and storylines. After the Mistico-era boom CMLL hasn't been able to get any young stars over and is fading away while AAA is now getting a ton of attention with Rey and Alberto. Loosing Perro Aguayo Jr is huge as there aren't any heels with his stature left.

Toki767

Did these not involve a yes chant? Because I'm hearing that the chant is over, not him.

The chant is probably more over than Bryan at this point, but you can blame WWE for that.

But you can't deny that Bryan created the chant and got it over and WWE just failed to capitalize on it even though the mainstream appeal was there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The chant is probably more over than Bryan at this point, but you can blame WWE for that.

But you can't deny that Bryan created the chant and got it over and WWE just failed to capitalize on it even though the mainstream appeal was there.

Sounds to me like Vince McMahon created it, and just used Bryan as a vessel.

Keep in mind Vince is the one "responsible" for making Bryan a great interstitial star while they migrated the title from the older talent to the new.

But hey, people blame Vince when things don't go right, blame HHH or the individual when things go well.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
And now Neville just loses to Ziggler. What a weird way to debut him. Ugh.
How is that a bad thing? Looking strong against the champion and their top upper-mid guy. Neville isn't getting over on charisma. He's getting over in the ring.

WWE is handling him perfectly right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bootaaay still hasn't watched my match i posted has he?

even dang bean breath watched it. thank you, bean breath. clap clap clap dclap clap

Toki767

Sounds to me like Vince McMahon created it, and just used Bryan as a vessel.

Keep in mind Vince is the one "responsible" for making Bryan a great interstitial star while they migrated the title from the older talent to the new.

But hey, people blame Vince when things don't go right, blame HHH or the individual when things go well.

I suppose you also think Vince McMahon made Sting a star too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Danny Bry didn't create shit:

Rfd8YRd.png

If you ignore his relation to the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants, a bunch of basketball arenas, and just a lot of random people enjoying his Yes chant.

Sure. No crossover appeal at all.

And the Seattle Seahawks after they won the Super Bowl. And random National Hockey League teams, like the NY Islanders.

But sure, Cena isn't over; only "John Cena sucks" is. And Austin definitely wasn't over; only "What" was over.

Kaladin

Do people really expect every wrestler to come out winning every match they throw him in on the main roster in their debut?

Seriously, get a grip people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His version isn't even a chant or anything like dbs at all other than saying the word yes. Sorry stadiums across the country weren't taking it from this ufc fighter, they were taking it from Bryan.

ida9bZa.gif

I'm not sure Win/Loss record is at all important in WWE outside of a Title Match. There's really little to no reason for most matches and their outcomes at the moment.

Kaladin

I'm not sure Win/Loss record is at all important in WWE outside of a Title Match. There's really little to no reason for most matches and their outcomes at the moment.

Exactly, the most important thing is that he's getting to go out there and look strong against their top guys. They likely have plans to do something with him soon.

Thorakai

I always thought it was pretty shortsighted to run with Punk's use of the word "pipebomb." Seems smarter to coin a phrase that wouldn't lead to troubles if a major pipebomb incident occurred...kind of like what happened with Hassan and his terrorists.

Striker

Shitting on every other performer is going to far. And that's what he is doing.
“Well, that’s another thing in that phony world. What does it mean to be a good fake wrestler? That’s an identity crisis that I think I struggled with. It doesn’t matter if you’re the best; someone else picks who they want in the top spot.”

Everything he said in that makes him a selfish bitch.

Toki767

“Well, that’s another thing in that phony world. What does it mean to be a good fake wrestler? That’s an identity crisis that I think I struggled with. It doesn’t matter if you’re the best; someone else picks who they want in the top spot.”

He's not wrong in that quote though. He may be salty as hell about it, but he isn't wrong.

kiguel182

This wasn't his debut though

I know. But losing 2/3 Raw matches is weird. Treating new guys like they are nothing compared to the "veterans" isn't good. Specially when those veterans are Ziggler.

I actually kind of like his debut.

He's showing that he's good, against top stars. But he's not superman and winning everything, which is the way it should be.

In a way I can see how that makes sense. But he still seems directionless and losing two weeks in a row. You can't continue hyping him as this great dude when he always loses.

he won in his debut, he's been around for 3 weeks

I know. I was talking since then.

Sephzilla

He's is kind of right though. Not 100% right, but there's truth to that, especially in WWE.

I know. But losing 2/3 Raw matches is weird. Treating new guys like they are nothing compared to the "veterans" isn't good. Specially when those veterans are Ziggler.

It's wrestling. It's not he winning or losing that matters, it's what they do in-ring from bell to bell. Did the newcomer look able to match and at times get the better of the veteran? Did the newcomer look out of place? Did they excite you? Where you interested in what they where doing?

Aiii

So not worth it

The record in itself doesn't matter, but when you're establishing a new guy that you want to make out as a big deal (and given their choices for opponents it's obvious they regards him higher than Adam Rose or Ascension), I don't think it's smart to have him lose so much. He doesn't have to win every match, but at least give him a clean won over an upper midcarder or two.

Striker

He's not wrong in that quote though. He may be salty as hell about it, but he isn't wrong.
Throwing the words phony and fake around and then being bitter about not getting a certain spot? I don't care if it is wrong or right, it makes him look like an asshole who doesn't deserve anything.

He was watching the WWF/E before coming in, he knew what he was stepping into.

A person can be right and sound like an ass. That's basically Punk in a sentence.

kiguel182

I came here just to find out that Bryan might be hurt again and that Perspicacity was banned. What a sad day.

It's wrestling. It's not he winning or losing that matters, it's what they do in-ring from bell to bell. Did the newcomer look able to match and at times get the better of the veteran? Did the newcomer look out of place? Did they excite you? Where you interested in what they where doing?

I don't care how many times Jericho says that I don't agree. Wins and loses do matter. Like any work of fiction you want to see the characters you like win and not put a good fight. To have credibility you have to win and look like a badass.

have to shine up Ziggler real good to get his ass shoved in Sheamus face, fellah

At this point I look forward to see Sheamus kick Ziggler's ass. Then he can go to Twitter to complain about it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Bryan said the same thing last year, he just didn't word it like an asshole.

Who cares anyway? Phil Brooks being an asshole in 2015 isn't going to change how much I enjoyed CM Punk's work throughout his wrestling career.

Toki767

Throwing the words phony and fake around and then being bitter about not getting a certain spot? I don't care if it is wrong or right, it makes him look like an asshole who doesn't deserve anything.

He was watching the WWF/E before coming in, he knew what he was stepping into.

I bet that brass ring quote from Vince really agitated him more.

Honestly though. It is a phony business in that they try to tell the audience that someone's hard work and dedication is what gets them to the top when in reality, you have to be chosen to get there.

kiguel182

Also, that whole "let's have a midcard losing to Cena" is something that I do not enjoy.

But, on a positive note, Rollins was god-tier. That guys is just too good. What a smug face. So good.

Bryan died'd again?

zQ7loGg.gif

Dude should probably hang it up at this point. It's hard to care for him and his story nowadays. Like shitty post new game plus filler shit. I recently saw that segment he did with Kane last night and that was the straw that broke camel's back for me. Motherfucker's too nice. I want the insecure, uber paranoid, still needing to prove something Bryan. But yeah, his offense has been weak since his return and I think he should lose the belt on his first defense and get his shit together for a like a year. Legit disappear.

Because god damn, Bryan is beat the fuck up.

Just make him the main character of Total Divas.

kiguel182

I bet that brass ring quote from Vince really agitated him more.

Honestly though. It is a phony business in that they try to tell the audience that someone's hard work and dedication is what gets them to the top when in reality, you have to be chosen to get there.

It's hard not to have that get to you if you are Punk.

Saying only Cena grabbed the brass ring after everything Punk went trough is just a slap in the face to him.

kiguel182

This Bryan news makes me legit sad. Everything went wrong for him after Mania 30. Just everything. What should've been the start of a great future just crumbled down right after it. He even got is house robbed.

I mean, it's one thing to be over looked by the WWE but things just escalated so much further than that and now the guy risks losing the one thing that he likes to do. Just sad.

Somehow the fact that he seems to always find a positive spin on things and keep going helps but man, this bums me out.

Top Bottom