• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God I love this shit.
tumblr_nmh6b7qilK1sowoato2_500.jpg

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Vince was right to put Reigns in the Main Event at WM over Bryan. No other way to say it.

Ooof. Yeah. Vince was right.

He said he was healthy, what more else could they have done? If they kept him out, fans would have complained Vince is holding Bryan down.

Sad part is that this is dead on. Unless Bryan came out and said himself he was still injured - it would be the conspiracy against Bryan (tm) keeping him out of the top spot. Hell, lots of people still believe that.

Shouldn't that message be printed on a Cosby sweater if anything?

I would have stood and applauded that man had he worn a Cosby sweater with that printed on it.

Alucard

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;160104964 said:
where's that dude on the card? If that's a monthly take home that's a pretty respectable wage (until you subject all the travel expenses)

Keep in mind, Perkins does indy dates too. I'm sure he's doing fairly well.

Heel

Speaking of pay, Lucha Underground has wrestlers under exclusive contracts yet tape a seasonal show? How does that work.

somedevil

That 4k check probably is for a set of tapings witch usually consist in 4 tv shows.

Yep, its probably for one of the set of tapings. He gets a downside as well when they don't do any tapings as well. The question is how much is that?

So he is not getting another set of tapings pay until the shows in May.

Recall

I think I've seen all the obvious go to WCW PPV shows.

Are there any hidden gems in regards WCW PPV or were Fall Brawl 1996 and Spring Stampede 1999 the only real ones?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Are there any hidden gems in regards WCW PPV or were Fall Brawl 1996 and Spring Stampede 1999 the only real ones?

It's a shame Strobogo is banned, he's the Oracle of WCW.

Legitshook.com has you covered.

jmdajr

According to F4WOnline.com, WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan is not doing very well as far as his health is concerned.

Bryan continues to struggle with issues stemming from the injury which took him out of action a year ago, and he’s in rough shape, which is why he hasn’t been in-action on Raw for the past two weeks. It’s also the reason why WWE is protecting Bryan by booking him in 6 man tag team matches which limit his in-ring time.

I hope this is rubbish

Do you really feel like making the travel expenses your own? Your attire? And the time you spend actually getting in shape, wimp? And feeding yourself?

I guess you're right, I am pampered in my job.

Travel Expenses are covered.
I have my kit provided and cleaned for me. I get new kit every May, and if it gets damaged I speak to the Kitman and get new kit.
As for getting into shape, I don't have a requirement to be in shape, but if I want to use the on site gym I'm free to do so. There's even professionally trained Physios, Fitness Coaches and Sport Scientists who'd help me out.
There's also a cafeteria on site during the season I can use.

I'm fucking pampered. I'm not earning $1k an hour though, so there's still that to strive for.

If you don't like blood, don't watch any of the WCW PPVs from the 80s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you're right, I am pampered in my job.

Travel Expenses are covered.
I have my kit provided and cleaned for me. I get new kit every May, and if it gets damaged I speak to the Kitman and get new kit.
As for getting into shape, I don't have a requirement to be in shape, but if I want to use the on site gym I'm free to do so. There's even professionally trained Physios, Fitness Coaches and Sport Scientists who'd help me out.
There's also a cafeteria on site during the season I can use.

I'm fucking pampered. I'm not earning $1k an hour though, so there's still that to strive for.

Jesus. You are spoiled. Be happy with your cushy job! It sounds nice.

Speaking of pay, Lucha Underground has wrestlers under exclusive contracts yet tape a seasonal show? How does that work.

Probably depends on the guy. They must have given Ricochet something sweet for him to sign for basically the rest of his career. Most guys just get paid when they work and then do indies the rest of the year.

Jesus. You are spoiled. Be happy with your cushy job! It sounds nice.

It is stupid when you stop and think about it, and I'm not even a major cog in the wheel where I work. There's people above who get cars provided and a ton of other stuff, it's crazy. The wonderful life of kicking a ball with your foot around, and telling others how to do it.

I just read "kit" a bunch of times and still have no idea what it means.

Kitkats innit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is stupid when you stop and think about it, and I'm not even a major cog in the wheel where I work. There's people above who get cars provided and a ton of other stuff, it's crazy. The wonderful life of kicking a ball with your foot around, and telling others how to do it.

How does a Game For The Poors manage to make so much money? Crazy.

How does a Game For The Poors manage to make so much money? Crazy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31379128

The Premier League has sold television rights to its games for a record £5.136bn, 71% above last time.

BT will pay £320m per season, against £246m per season at present. The communications giant said that equated to £7.6m per game.

Sky, meanwhile, said it will pay £1.392bn per year, or £11.07m per match, for the right to broadcast 126 live matches, 10 more than currently. and the maximum Sky was allowed to bid for under the auction rules.

Rich people have nothing better to spend their money on. In an ideal world this crazy money would mean set ticket prices, or better yet subsidised tickets so all fans can attend the game. I won't lie, the prices are getting out of control at some clubs - teams in London have Season Tickets for £1k at the CHEAPEST.

Thankfully the teams around where I am have tickets for £10-£20 a game.

Top Bottom