• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Rich people have nothing better to spend their money on. In an ideal world this crazy money would mean set ticket prices, or better yet subsidised tickets so all fans can attend the game. I won't lie, the prices are getting out of control at some clubs - teams in London have Season Tickets for £1k at the CHEAPEST.

I can't afford to go to the Boleyn more than a couple of times a season because it's so crazy expensive and, what with all the fucking plastics in recent years, the atmosphere just isn't what it used to be, so now I don't bother. I'll probably head to the Olympic Stadium if that turns out well for us and the owner's keep their promises about affordable tickets, because currently the working class man has been priced out of football. In London, especially.

jred2k

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31379128

Rich people have nothing better to spend their money on. In an ideal world this crazy money would mean set ticket prices, or better yet subsidised tickets so all fans can attend the game. I won't lie, the prices are getting out of control at some clubs - teams in London have Season Tickets for £1k at the CHEAPEST.

Thankfully the teams around where I am have tickets for £10-£20 a game.

L10-L20 that is insane!

Kaladin

Nevermind, I see it now.

If Bryan goes down to injuries, he will be a life lesson to potential future wrestlers to not go so hard on yourself.

Let's face it, Bryan probably had the best years of his career before WWE got him.

wq9kcde.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5A3Blt1Ipw

I can't afford to go to the Boleyn more than a couple of times a season because it's so crazy expensive and, what with all the fucking plastics in recent years, the atmosphere just isn't what it used to be, so now I don't bother. I'll probably head to the Olympic Stadium if that turns out well for us and the owner's keep their promises about affordable tickets, because currently the working class man has been priced out of football. In London, especially.

It's sickening. I really mean that, it's one of the few things I get really angry about and there never seems to be much talk about it. I know there are groups of clubs who have done agreements with each other for traveling fans, which is good to see.

So lets say fans from my team go down to your team's ground they'll be charged £10 for a ticket at the most. Then when you guys come up to our ground your fans will only be charged £10 a ticket. Not all clubs are doing this, and you can guess which clubs aren't...

Man U told their Season Ticket holders if they didn't attend the rematch against Cambridge they'd lose their seat for the next home game. I mean... wtf.

As for the lack of atmosphere, I've noticed that too. However, I think that's mainly down to the lack of entertainment on the pitch, the general malaise in the area and like you said the increased plastic fan presence. We don't get up here too much, but we went from having a waiting list for Season Tickets, to Season Tickets on general sale, discounted, and then bundled into other offers over the last 10 years.
So I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm reluctantly going to say too many televised games. I can't really give WHY I think this, but it's just a feeling I have. Football is too easily accessible (and cheaper) then it is to go to the match and watch it live - even though I believe our area was voted as one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) match day experience available.

EDIT:

The whole categorising of tickets too, where you're forced to pay more for Category A Games, for example...

Your Team v Man U
Your Team v Man City
Your Team v Chelsea
Your Team v Rival Team

and less for Category C Games

Your Team v QPR
Your Team v Hull

Should just be set price for all games, as it's totally demeaning to the overall quality of the league, and the teams not in Category A. It's like saying ah the only people worth watching are these 3 times, fuck the rest.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
What observer story?

Meltzer said on Observer Radio that Bryan's health has been deteriorating; ergo why he has been primarily in tag matches and not on RAW, etc. Reportedly the injury he suffered that took him out of commission has caused other issues. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the IC title off of him and move it to someone else for a while.

If they think it is going to keep deteriorating - I'd pull him off TV for a while, and aim for a retirement match vs Cena or another mega-star at WM 32. After that, send him to be the new head trainer at NXT if he is interested.

Sephzilla

If Bryan's health really is deteriorating then I think they should find a way to get the IC strap off of him. Maybe have him drop it to Ziggler or someone else. If he has to drop 2 titles due to injury, that looks bad on his legacy.

Bootaaay, with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that post ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

Such a great expression. I guess this is where I insert that Captain America "I understood that reference" GIF?

So I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm reluctantly going to say too many televised games. I can't really give WHY I think this, but it's just a feeling I have. Football is too easily accessible (and cheaper) then it is to go to the match and watch it live - even though I believe our area was voted as one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) match day experience available.

I'd make you right on that one, even if you don't have the TV subscription you need to watch your team's game live that week, there's likely a pub nearby showing the game and you'll likely find a better atmosphere than you would stuck in the stands with a bunch of day-trippers who want to sit down and get offended by people singing and chanting near them.

I look at how good the German's have it and am eternally envious, seems the Bundesliga is footballing paradise, where the Premier League is the epitome of what corporate bullshit can do to the game. Makes me almost miss when we were in the Championship a few years back.

Sephzilla

We're safe in Wrassleclub, but don't act stupid when you leave these hallowed halls. We can't bring you back.

There have definitely been a few threads today that I looked at and was immediately like

pnPRvwt.gif

because they looked like fast tracks to getting future endevoured. wrasslegaf is #safe.

Meltzer said on Observer Radio that Bryan's health has been deteriorating; ergo why he has been primarily in tag matches and not on RAW, etc. Reportedly the injury he suffered that took him out of commission has caused other issues. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the IC title off of him and move it to someone else for a while.

If they think it is going to keep deteriorating - I'd pull him off TV for a while, and aim for a retirement match vs Cena or another mega-star at WM 32. After that, send him to be the new head trainer at NXT if he is interested.

In other words, Triple H was right.

Alucard

Banned
I hope this is rubbish

Same here, but I think it's likely true if you listen to how Bryan "fixed" his shoulder, especially how he describes it on Jericho's podcast. Guy needs to go under the knife, plain and simple. Take 6-8 months off and get yourself right.

jmdajr

Same here, but I think it's likely true if you listen to how Bryan "fixed" his shoulder. Guy needs to go under the knife, plain and simple.

The elbow surgery for the nerve? I guess he has to.

Maybe what he did worked until he actually started wrestling.

Whatever the case, Vince will hook him up with work to pay the bills.

I'd make you right on that one, even if you don't have the TV subscription you need to watch your team's game live that week, there's likely a pub nearby showing the game and you'll likely find a better atmosphere than you would stuck in the stands with a bunch of day-trippers who want to sit down and get offended by people singing and chanting near them.

I look at how good the German's have it and am eternally envious, seems the Bundesliga is footballing paradise, where the Premier League is the epitome of what corporate bullshit can do to the game. Makes me almost miss when we were in the Championship a few years back.

Bundesliga is the right model of corporate investment. You'll often find that the club's main sponsor will subsidise ticket prices. So that money going into the team isn't just to buy X Players, it's used to offset the cost of tickets, as it should be. Plus their standing section looks amazing.
If I remember correctly their fans would pretty much refuse to turn up if the prices were too high, whereas (sadly) I don't think UK fans are like that (yet). Just like you said, it's easier, friendly and more accommodating to go the local and watch the match with your friends than it is to go to game live.

Alucard

Banned
The elbow surgery for the nerve? I guess he has to.

Maybe what he did worked until he actually started wrestling.

Whatever the case, Vince will hook him up with work to pay the bills.

He had a guy do some kind of readjustment/pressure treatment on his muscles. In the beginning, it would get his arm to be strong for a few hours at a time, then a few weeks at a time. Now, it looks like it lasted a while, but if stories are to be believed, he's regressed again.

jmdajr

He had a guy do some kind of readjustment/pressure treatment on his muscles. In the beginning, it would get his arm to be strong for a few hours at a time, then a few weeks at a time. Now, it looks like it lasted a while, but if stories are to be believed, he's regressed again.

Yeah I heard in an interview on everyone's favorite Podcast #TalkIsJericho.

RP912

Banned
It's safe to say that Bryne needs to retire like NOW. Dude accomplished more than most wrestlers. Honestly, he should have hang up the hat last year.

NoRéN

Damn. Poor dude.

But, he could join Sarah Del Rey in training the future.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bryan should pass the torch and put over Seth before he leaves. I don't know what torch but he should pass it.

Sephzilla

If Bryan is has to hang it up, have Rusev be the guy who ends him and takes the IC belt from him. Bryan puts someone over on the way out and it gives Rusev a fucking ton of his heat back
which Cena will immediately kill again

jmdajr

The Cerebral Assassin.

I wonder if this is the fastest fall from the top a legitimately popular wrestler has had.

Stone Cold is lucky all those shenanigans kept him going.

Maybe is time for more Kane and D. Bry skits? I say why not. I liked them.

Top Bottom