• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

This Bryan news makes me legit sad. Everything went wrong for him after Mania 30. Just everything. What should've been the start of a great future just crumbled down right after it. He even got is house robbed.

I mean, it's one thing to be over looked by the WWE but things just escalated so much further than that and now the guy risks losing the one thing that he likes to do. Just sad.

Somehow the fact that he seems to always find a positive spin on things and keep going helps but man, this bums me out.

you're right, bryan does sound like lennie from of mice and men

who will be brave and kind enough to be his george?

Toki767

Bryan's probably made enough money that he doesn't have to work anymore. Though I suspect even if he retires, WWE will want him to still appear on TV in some role along with having him be some sort of brand ambassador.

1xqpM96.jpg

jmdajr

Daniel Bryan can still do Total Divas. And maybe some new WWE Network show. Something about... hipsters or other. Yeah.

somedevil

Well the on and off relationship with JR is back on:

We are in talks with WWE to tape a version of our RINGSIDE w/ Jim Ross show for airing on the WWE Network at some point in the future. Details are still being discussed but this could happen much sooner than later. If all the details get finalized we would likely tape the show in Orlando at the NXT Arena. Fingers crossed for this project which I hope will lead to more opportunities to contribute to @WWENetwork."

Ross also revealed that he may be working on the WWE 2K16 video game with 2K Sports:

"In talks with 2K Sports to do some work on their next video game for WWE. Love the process and from what I'm told the new game will be extremely provocative and certainly has my attention already. Stay tuned."

His and Vince's relationship is so weird. Plus love people are talking Bryan retirement when he just wrestled today.

Well the on and off relationship with JR is back on:

His and Vince's relationship is so weird. Plus love people are talking Bryan retirement when he just wrestled today.

Bryan has barely done anything since he's come back. A few not-good bumps from Luke Harper, busted his head open, but in general, he's been working a heck of a lot lighter than he was a year ago. If even this small amount of work has resulted in him getting banged up and needing protection, well, not hard to see the writing on the wall.

One of the Uso's will be out for 6 months.

I am curious if they will try do something with the healthy one. A solo Uso run would be... interesting.

Kaladin

That mainstream appeal:

'WWE Raw': Airin' Neville and London Brawling

Some folks are wondering: What's the point of promoting the artist once known as Adrian in NXT to prime-time status if he's just going to lose in consecutive weeks? But he didn't go down to just anyone, nor has he been pinned without a chance to display the full range of his capabilities.

Hard-fought losses to WWE Champion Seth Rollins and multi-time Intercontinental Champ Dolph Ziggler (easy on the "way-to-go-kid" pats though, Dolph) are hardly a vote of ill confidence. And there is a legitimate aura around his entrance, one that defers concerns about his microphone game, even if "man that gravity forgot" is silly excess. Sometimes, a Brogue Kick to the face can be more positive push than ritual humiliation, and thus far, it only bodes well for this high-flying rookie that he's both excelled alongside (and been grounded by) heavyweights.

Toki767

I am curious if they will try do something with the healthy one. A solo Uso run would be... interesting.

The non-injured one is Naomi's husband, so they could turn him I guess for at least half a year to see how that goes.

UberTag

Shame we'll never get to see any of those dream programs between D.Brine and Balor, D.Brine and Zayn, D.Brine and Owens, D.Brine and Neville.

Should probably job the IC title to Fandango now that he's a face and hang it up. I came to terms with his retirement last year anyhow.

Solo Uso can handily defeat Xavier Woods on Main Event. The sky's the limit for him from here.

somedevil

What did I miss? Did Daniel Bryan get injured again?

No one is really sure how injured he is. Its enough that the WWE is protecting him by no single matches and putting him in six man tags where he does the hot tags and wrestles.

He beat up but not to the point where they will not allow him into the ring.

Do any of you Wrestle Gaffers live near the Cambridgeshire UK area and want to try your hand at Professional wrestling?

I happen to know of a new training school opening up on May 10th in that area.

once again, bean breath is right

did we learn nothing from the academy award nominated movie and inspiration behind the bruce springsteen song of the same name, The Wrestler?

tumblr_maiw0c0o4R1qcoaf4o1_r1_500.gif

FyreWulff

They really should turn Bryan into a GM of RAW or something so he's there, stays fresh in people's minds, and helps sell tickets, but he gets time to heal.

Plus a face GM vs heel owners writes itself

16BitNova

No one is really sure how injured he is. Its enough that the WWE is protecting him by no single matches and putting him in six man tags where he does the hot tags and wrestles.

He beat up but not to the point where they will not allow him into the ring.

Yikes, that's a tricky situation. But, they really should give him a break. Let doctors find out for sure what's going on. He's so young, man. That sucks.

UberTag

Yikes, that's a tricky situation. But, they really should give him a break. Let doctors find out for sure what's going on. He's so young, man. That sucks.
Just give D.Brine some Z-Paks and protect him in tag matches for a few weeks. He'll be as good as new afterwards.
Will be all set for a 30-minute ironman match against Sheamus where he gets his ass kicked.

finally flicking through Raw I can safely say that the turmoil of corporate Kane in 2015 is the winning storyline of the moment, it's unveiling slowly with high drama.
Perhaps we might get some more Kane events for the title from this gripping saga? I can only hope.

Thinking of asking this guy for fedora recommendations, but I don't want to join the list of the fallen.

Evolve is holding another show in Queens soon, so I'm thinking of going after my fairly positive experience at the last Evolve show.

Top Bottom