• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

acrid

Banned
finally flicking through Raw I can safely say that the turmoil of corporate Kane in 2015 is the winning storyline of the moment, it's unveiling slowly with high drama.
Perhaps we might get some more Kane events for the title from this gripping saga? I can only hope.

Kane: WWE Champion (in 2015) will really sum up how far shit has fallen.

I'd be down for a Kane/Big Show program for the remainder of 2015, with Show winning the RR to challenge Kane at WM32

Toki767

Honestly not really that surprised that Bryan is hurt again. All of his opponents since he came back have been fairly stiff. Even the match with Reigns was stiff. Add to that they constantly book him getting laid out virtually every week due to Bullhammers and Brogue Kicks.

They should have just brought him back the day after Mania 31. That way he would have had plenty of time to heal and Reigns probably would have been the champion without the crowd turning on him as much as they have.

Now you're fitting right in, friend.

The internet era has no patience. Every loss is a burial, apparently.

Wins and losses don't matter. That's why you see Cena losing half his matches and staying over. Except he doesn't. That's why Triple H had that entire run where he destroyed the tag division and everyone from WCW. Because wins and losses don't matter.

I'd be down for a Kane/Big Show program for the remainder of 2015, with Show winning the RR to challenge Kane at WM32

That big man feud has been building on and off since 1999, what better place for a finale than Wrestlemania?
Of course Show's battle royale win at WM is in fact foreshadowing of his rumble domination while Kane's current anger issues are just the start of (another) monster push, long term booking in action.

Kaladin

I don't see the problem people have with Kane and Big Show. They're in great shape for wrestlers from their era....I mean seriously, how many other guys from the late 90's do you know that can go out there on a full schedule every week?

Sure, they're not what they used to be, but they're still reliable hands and can put over people from mid-card to main event and not really be hurt by it.

I enjoy what Big Show and Kane bring to the WWE in 2015.

I don't see the problem people have with Kane and Big Show. They're in great shape for wrestlers from their era....I mean seriously, how many other guys from the late 90's do you know that can go out there on a full schedule every week?

Sure, they're not what they used to be, but they're still reliable hands and can put over people from mid-card to main event and not really be hurt by it.

I enjoy what Big Show and Kane bring to the WWE in 2015.

I'm on your side here, Sandman. It's a matter of perspective, metaphorically speaking: in the front row everything looks great. 3 rows back, though? It's a different story.

People occasionally bring up the idea of replacing Kane and Show with newer heels in the authority muscle role and while I understand the sentiment in reality it would probably just hurt the replacements much more since Kane and Show actually spend most of the time taking the pinfalls in multi man matches...well Kane does at least.
Now you wouldn't want say Harper in that role.

In other news, have we figured out what Wyatt's latest ramblings are about yet or are they just that, ramblings that can be applied to anyone when WWE settles on an opponent for him?

Kaladin

I'm on your side here, Sandman. It's a matter of perspective, metaphorically speaking: in the front row everything looks great. 3 rows back, though? It's a different story.

Can you seriously lay off that shit man? I've asked you before. I'm not going to ask again.

Yes, I bought a ticket for my then girlfriend, now fiance that was in another row, it was all that was there. I wound up selling those tickets and didn't go.

But that's beside the point, you can rib on whatever you like about me. Whether it's the fact that I'm a Kevin Owens mark, or work in a library...whatever.

Just don't fucking make jokes about things that deal with my fiance. That shit ain't cool man. Lay off, I will fucking PM a mod next time about this shit.

Toki767

People occasionally bring up the idea of replacing Kane and Show with newer heels in the authority muscle role and while I understand the sentiment in reality it would probably just hurt the replacements much more since Kane and Show actually spend most of the time taking the pinfalls in multi man matches...well Kane does at least.
Now you wouldn't want say Harper in that role.

In other news, have we figured out what Wyatt's latest ramblings are about yet or are they just that, ramblings that can be applied to anyone when WWE settles on an opponent for him?

Harper's already in that role being a random person though. At least being in the authority would give him more face time to develop a character.

Alucard

Banned
I like Wyatt's mystery opponent promos. Just be patient. You're supposed to guess who it is as if he's targeting someone. I don't get people being annoyed after literally one week and two promos. "WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT? This is stupid!"

It's a different approach, and I appreciate the creativity behind it.

Kane having a good story in 2015 is actually pretty cool imo.

Also I like the way they're handling Neville. I always commented how dumb as fuck it is to have every single new wrestler go on a winning streak. It's stupid and makes no sense. I want to see impressive wrestling, ups and downs, not a million job matches and then they lose and then they go nowhere.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly not really that surprised that Bryan is hurt again. All of his opponents since he came back have been fairly stiff. Even the match with Reigns was stiff. Add to that they constantly book him getting laid out virtually every week due to Bullhammers and Brogue Kicks.

They should have just brought him back the day after Mania 31. That way he would have had plenty of time to heal and Reigns probably would have been the champion without the crowd turning on him as much as they have.

Wins and losses don't matter. That's why you see Cena losing half his matches and staying over. Except he doesn't. That's why Triple H had that entire run where he destroyed the tag division and everyone from WCW. Because wins and losses don't matter.

They matter in storyline, but I don't think they matter as much as some fans think. A new guy can take a couple of Ls against established stars without it hurting him too much. If it drags on for months, then you've got a case, but it's literally been 16 days on the main roster for Neville.

Can you seriously lay off that shit man? I've asked you before. I'm not going to ask again.

Yes, I bought a ticket for my then girlfriend, now fiance that was in another row, it was all that was there. I wound up selling those tickets and didn't go.

But that's beside the point, you can rib on whatever you like about me. Whether it's the fact that I'm a Kevin Owens mark, or work in a library...whatever.

Just don't fucking make jokes about things that deal with my fiance. That shit ain't cool man. Lay off, I will fucking PM a mod next time about this shit.

I don't remember anything about you, let alone you talking to me about it, though I take your word on it. The only thing I do remember is the oft used joke by many people in the community about your seating arrangements and thought it was nothing more than playful, but it's clearly not. My apologies.

#TeamSandman

Lay off the personal shit and the passive aggressive garbage, guys. Seriously.

Passive aggressive garbage like trying to start a divide with hashtag teams and assuming motives?

Kaladin

I don't remember anything about you, let alone you talking to me about it, though I take your word on it. The only thing I do remember is the oft used joke by many people in the community about your seating arrangements and thought it was nothing more than playful, but it's clearly not. My apologies.

From February:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151790969&postcount=15009

Seriously, all I had to do was search your name and the word "rows". Came up with that.

I told you to stop then, I'm telling you to lay off again now.

I won't tell you a third time.

dream

I'm sorry Alucard thinks you're a passive aggressive piece of shit, Titus Andronicus. I've been saying for months that the bullying in wrestlinggaf is out of control.

From February:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151790969&postcount=15009

Seriously, all I had to do was search your name and the word "rows". Came up with that.

I told you to stop then, I'm telling you to lay off again now.

I won't tell you a third time.

Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me for not remembering an offhand comment made in a wrestling thread 2 months ago?

I'm sorry Alucard thinks you're a passive aggressive piece of shit, Titus Andronicus. I've been saying for months that the bullying in wrestlinggaf is out of control.

I might have to "fucking" PM a mod about this "shit"

Harper's already in that role being a random person though. At least being in the authority would give him more face time to develop a character.
Well really the bigger issue is midcarders still not getting to develop their characters and rivalries much, though things are at least slightly better currently than a few years back, still a ways to go here in the talking era.
Like why is Harper after Ambrose again?

I like Wyatt's mystery opponent promos. Just be patient. You're supposed to guess who it is as if he's targeting someone. I don't get people being annoyed after literally one week and two promos. "WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT? This is stupid!"

It's a different approach, and I appreciate the creativity behind it.
I like the concept, it's just that they seem to vary between presenting an identifiable opponent like with Taker and meandering promos with no real direction at other times.
Basically I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to be trying to solve his riddles half the time.

Alucard

Banned

Passive aggressive garbage like trying to start a divide with hashtag teams and assuming motives?

I'm being very direct. I'm supporting Sandman in this case, and your posting history speaks for itself.

I'm in the minority...fuck Kane and Big Show in 2015. Dudes are the equivalent of Midnight Express in 1998.

I don't think you're in a minority by any stretch.
Why I still remember the reaction when Kane pushed Ambrose off the ladder at MitB last year and then some, such hatred for a logical finish.

Toki767

I'm in the minority...fuck Kane and Big Show in 2015. Dudes are the equivalent of Midnight Express in 1998.
If they were treated somewhat like Lesnar where they're only around every so often and they're just destroying jobbers to get fed to an up and coming guy I'd be fine with them. But they're on my TV every week. Multiple times in 3 hours.

No one cares about either of them in 2015 and I honestly feel like this Big Show feud is seriously stumping Reigns' growth as a performer both in the ring and on the mic.

I'm being very direct. I'm supporting Sandman in this case, and your posting history speaks for itself.

I'm glad my posting history has left such an impression on you, obviously moreso than it has even me. Next time I need to remember if I've slighted anyone I'll be sure to check in with you to avoid a mess like this again.

All I'm asking is that you lay off. That's seriously all I'm asking.

My apology was genuine, but I guess my "posting history" might have led you to believe otherwise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GHTV makes it more fun to play with your friends than ever. While one person is playing, everyone else can watch the videos.
dja4UZ0.gif

Alucard

Banned
Titus, I'm totally willing to just wipe the slate clean. This is a thread where a bunch of people bullshit about wrestling, and that should be the focus. If we share personal things, great, but this should be a place where the people who post can just enjoy the thing the thread is about without fear of people prodding them about personal issues.

There is gimmick posting that works and doesn't hurt anyone: Heel and bean breath being the prime examples.

Then there's smarmy and snarky posting by people who act innocent behind their characters and say "Oh, I'm sorry if you interpreted my snark as anything other than a friendly exchange." In the past, you and Pepsi.

That kind of posting does nothing but make people want to step away from this thread, which the original snarky posters view as a victory in some way.

Let's just be excellent to each other and bullshit about wrestling with the occasional personal stories, but without the fake shit posting. Just be real or at least be an endearing gimmick poster instead of a troll.

RP912

Banned
I don't think you're in a minority by any stretch.
Why I still remember the reaction when Kane pushed Ambrose off the ladder at MitB last year and then some, such hatred for a logical finish.

I give one thing to Kane/Big Show...at least they live up to their heelish ways. It gets to the point where I'm throwing crap at my tv when they do something uncanny like Big Show dumping out all of the "favorites" at the Battle Royal. Straight up 80s villain shit right there :/

Kaladin

Fandango....there's a guy WWE dropped the ball on.

Fandangoing could have been a thing, but they had no idea how to capitalize on it being a thing so they kind of just did nothing with the guy and let it die out.

RP912

Banned
Why the hell they changed Fandango's music in the first place? Once they changed the music...his gimmick was dead to me.

KissVibes

Banned
Fandango has all the tools to be a upper-midcard face that makes the company a lot of money.

He is a very good looking man, can work, promos are solid, and he has an immediate way to get the crowd going.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck happened to this thread. We're supposed to be better than this. It's like we're not progressive at all.

I know losing Stro and Pepsi and Liquid is tough, but let's keep our standards high and celebrate women's wrestling, even if I strongly support non-binary designations for gender, women have been stepped on and held back for far too long.

dream

You know how gay people sometimes marginalize bisexual people because they're not gay enough? They could totally do an angle like that with Adam Rose bi-bashing Fandango for not being homosexual. WWE likes to court organizations like GLAAD, after all, and they could raise awareness of internal homophobia with an angle like this.

Top Bottom